PDA

View Full Version : Future Track Rentals

stanggrrl
10-15-2006, 02:24 PM
A few of us have been mulling over the comments regarding the track rental and wanted feedback.

>> Considering how the majority of us feel about PRP and their regular
>> race days and TnTs, would you be more willing to save your $ and
>> participate in 2-4 track rentals a year? (e.g. Spring, mid-summer
>> and Autumn)

Post up. Let us know. Thanks.

2000GT
10-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I will definitely be interested for next year. I plan on having a clutch that lasts more than 10 runs next year.

Sena

went9s
10-15-2006, 03:25 PM
:laughing1:

Pure Stock
10-15-2006, 03:47 PM
I like the spring rental thought. The summer is a bummer though. TOO hot and humid. Mid sept. and mid-late oct. would be three times of the season I would definitely attend! :goodidea:

Killercanary
10-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Alicia, this is basically what my dad and I started doing a few years back. We started to attend the SSOTN nationals at Cecil County for their spring and fall events. I all but stopped racing at PRP as I have the same mentality of which you speak. I'd rather give up weekly T&T's for 2 GREAT track days a year. In the end I spent just about as much money, but I had WAY more fun and was actually able to test and tune the car since I got more than 2 runs in.

u1arunit
10-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I would attend 2 rentals a year for sure. Spring and fall would be great!

Wolfpack Speed
10-15-2006, 06:33 PM
A few of us have been mulling over the comments regarding the track rental and wanted feedback.

>> Considering how the majority of us feel about PRP and their regular
>> race days and TnTs, would you be more willing to save your $ and
>> participate in 2-4 track rentals a year? (e.g. Spring, mid-summer
>> and Autumn)

Post up. Let us know. Thanks.

regardless of the time of year i would much rather participate in the rentals. prp only sprays the track on regular racing and special events. the lack of traction makes for a waste of time and money for many cars for many different reasons. also it was very unprofessional for them to cancel the original date because "frank" was going to be out of town....what a joke. this is just another small of example of how piss poor the management is at prp. for what they charge to rent the track it should have been first class service. instead we all had to cross our fingers that there wouldn't be any costly$$$ oil downs and they did the normal start late finish on time routine...what else is new:rolleyes: unfortunately they are the only game in town for now, with that said i would much rather race out there 4 times a year and know that i will get enough runs on a prepped surface to make it worth my time and money.

thanks again to everyone involved for getting the rentals together, it's much appreciated and i know it is a headache for all of you.:highfive:

amwellls1
10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
More track rentals would be great, count me in. It was nice to get more then 2 runs last night

stanggrrl
10-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Paul - PRP "business sense" aside (is that an oxymoron?), if you're going to spend $25-$30 2x a month to get in 3 runs (if you're lucky) at PRP, then spending $50 for a track rental where you're almost guaranteed 10-12 runs seems like a bargain. I was very glad that there were no oil downs and racers could get their "insurance $" returned. I'd like to think that aspect kept people on their toes as well as peer pressure :)

I've heard a lot of feedback re: early spring & late autumn due to the cooler air. (Thanks Joe and Mark.)

The other racer comments have been not being able to socialize as they'd like. I can't imagine the cost or the logistical nightmare of organizing an all day event so there would be racing and socializing. You'd also have a fine line between a racing social event with a lot of people in attendance and keeping the racer count low enough to ensure as many runs as a racer wants.

I think the track rental eliminated stone incidents, racers not at their cars, and the usual race day and TnT chaos.

For the record, I had no hand in organizing or running the track rental. I was just the messenger girl. :cutie: I'm glad things worked out well and everyone seemed to enjoy it, despite the weather.

Sonic03snake
10-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Once a month would be perfect.:thmbsup:

somethingclever
10-15-2006, 08:04 PM
I'd be interested in 3 or 4 per year.....

went9s
10-15-2006, 08:21 PM
handle once a month:yes: I wouldn't go to any more t&t's

gmkillr
10-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Im in for 2 or so track rentals a year. Those will be the only times that you see me at PRP. I like the spring and fall idea's!:awsome:

Mater
10-16-2006, 07:19 AM
handle once a month:yes: I wouldn't go to any more t&t's

:highfive: that would be great!

fin1
10-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Once a month would be perfect.:thmbsup:

Agreed