PDA

View Full Version : Help, My computer hates this site

speedracer
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
This is the first time I could get on SCS since last Friday, what gives. Every other site I go on is working just fine for me.

u1arunit
10-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Try clearing the cache in your browser. It was acting goofy for a few guys for a while but it seems okay now. Let me know.

-Mark

stanggrrl
10-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Even better get rid of your browser. Go with a REAL browser like Firefox or Opera. :jump:

u1arunit
10-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Even better get rid of your browser. Go with a REAL browser like Firefox or Opera. :jump:
Yep, what she said! Firefox rocks! :thmbsup:

speedracer
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Me and computers don't go well together (I'm 38 and this is my first one) It (the computer) was a trade for welding a roll cage and I have windows 98 lol.

stanggrrl
10-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Yep, what she said! Firefox rocks! :thmbsup:
:veryhappy: And a lot of features that make Firefox rock are what Opera has been doing for a while. I'm biased. I've been using Opera for 6 years and it's done a better job of curtailing spyware/adware than IE. It's also very fast compared to IE. Firefox is giving Opera good competition. ANYthing but Internet Explorer!

A tip for those not in the know...Microsoft discontinued all support (including updates) for Windows 98/SE in June/July of this year.

Stangman701
10-19-2006, 09:39 AM
My computer here at work has been having troubles too. They seem to be somewhat intermittent. I couldn't get on all last week, then when I came in on Monday everything was ok. Tuesday was fine as well, but then yesterday I couldn't get on at all, now today all is well again :dunno: . The only sites that I couldn't get on were this one and modularfords. When they work they both work and when they don't I can't get on either one. I don't know what the problem is, I've tried all the above recommendations last Friday and they didn't seem to work. I guess I'll just hope that I can get on from now on :)

Viper_ed
10-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Sounds like they're on to you at work! :worried: :puter:

Better lay low for a while! :duck:

Stangman701
10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Sounds like they're on to you at work! :worried: :puter:

Better lay low for a while! :duck:

That's what I thought at first too, and was really pissed off about it, but I'm fairly sure it's not work blocking it. I surf the web quite a bit while I'm here and there are a few sites that I've run into that are actually blocked, like my space and stuff like that, but I when I try to go to a site like that I get a message saying that I've been a bad boy and to never do that again, etc. But when I can't get on SCS it just has an internet explorer error saying that the page cannot be displayed. Very strange, I can't figure it out.

Viper_ed
10-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Maybe Lou, with all his computer wisdom, has blocked your IP Address until you go get an IRS Cover from him.

:Devious:

speedracer
10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Well this is the first time in two days I could get on:notworki: :puter: :madashell:

speedracer
10-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Well I guess I'll only be on here every 3 or 4 days...

Sonic03snake
10-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Im not sure what it is fellas, what service is your internet through?

speedracer
10-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Im not sure what it is fellas, what service is your internet through?
Pennswoods, this is the ONLY site I have trouble with.

burntire
10-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Sound familiar Lou.

Can you access my site speedracer?

Stangman701
10-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Sound familiar Lou.

I think I've been having the same problem as him, but I've been ok for a while now. I was able to access your site Jeff while this one was down(thank god, helped me keep my sanity here at work :rotflol: ) but while I was having trouble with SCS I would have the same trouble with modularfords. I'll try to send you a PM on your site if I ever have trouble again :goodidea:

burntire
10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
I think I've been having the same problem as him, but I've been ok for a while now. I was able to access your site Jeff while this one was down(thank god, helped me keep my sanity here at work :rotflol: ) but while I was having trouble with SCS I would have the same trouble with modularfords. I'll try to send you a PM on your site if I ever have trouble again :goodidea:

The armstrong cable people have trouble accessing my site at times.

Stangman701
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
The armstrong cable people have trouble accessing my site at times.

I'm not sure who my work uses. I have had trouble from time to time getting on your site, but it never lasts for a whole day I don't think.

burntire
10-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Must be those tin cans tied to strings that they use for your Internet connection acting up.

Stangman701
10-25-2006, 04:04 PM
yeah, the string must be falling apart. Looks like someone else is gonna have to go without a shoelace

speedracer
10-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Yes, but for the last day and a half I couldn't get on here.

burntire
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
If you can't access this site or my site call your Internet provider when it is happening. There are no problems with either site. It is your provider that is having issues. Most small IP's lease access. If the connection to the server that the sites are hosted on is overloaded you will have problems. My site is in Dallas and it seems like Armstrong customers have issues at times while comcast members have no problems.

If you can't access the site call your IP. You are paying for a service that is not working.

speedracer
10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
If you can't access this site or my site call your Internet provider when it is happening. There are no problems with either site. It is your provider that is having issues. Most small IP's lease access. If the connection to the server that the sites are hosted on is overloaded you will have problems. My site is in Dallas and it seems like Armstrong customers have issues at times while comcast members have no problems.

If you can't access the site call your IP. You are paying for a service that is not working.
Ok, next time it don't work I'll call and bitch:) I signed up for your site too.

burntire
10-26-2006, 05:29 PM
It is important to call the second you are having issues so they can duplicate the problem.

burntire
11-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Anyone having access problems anymore?

Stangman701
11-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Anyone having access problems anymore?

I couldn't get on from Tuesday of last week till yesterday. I probably won't be able to get on later this week. It seems like it works for me on Monday, and usually Tuesday and Wednesday, but never Thursday or Friday. Still no clue what exactly is going on, but it only effects this site and modular fords. At this point I've pretty much just accepted the fact that I'm going to have trouble since there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it :dunno:

burntire
11-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I couldn't get on from Tuesday of last week till yesterday. I probably won't be able to get on later this week. It seems like it works for me on Monday, and usually Tuesday and Wednesday, but never Thursday or Friday. Still no clue what exactly is going on, but it only effects this site and modular fords. At this point I've pretty much just accepted the fact that I'm going to have trouble since there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it :dunno:

Is your problem at work or home.
I would call your ISP.

Stangman701
11-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Is your problem at work or home.
I would call your ISP.

It's at work where I'm probably not supposed to be on the site anyway, so I can't really bring it up to anyone. Unfortunately this is the only place that I can get online since I don't have internet at home so I can only read scs a couple days a week now :bawling: . Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and this week will be better.