PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mustang Cobra - Street and strip

Dave King
10-29-2006, 11:20 AM
2004 Mustang Cobra
Original Owner – 6800 original miles. Purchased new for $30,900 in October of 2004 as one of the last 03-04 Cobras left. This is a true street and strip car. Puts out 800 rwhp. Has ran a best of 10.07 @ 140.4 mph at the strip at a race weight of 3860 pounds. This car is capable of 9.8’s with a lighter solid axle rear. Car idles and runs perfect, no tuning issues what so ever, and is the perfect sleeper until you get on it. Original Factory engine with 6800 miles. Factory engine is in outstanding shape that can be verified. Always garage kept, was out in the rain only 3 times from unavoidable circumstances. This has been my baby, and now I have to let it go because I have a little one on the way. This vehicle has been my pride and joy for the past 3 years. The body is in outstanding shape with the exception of 2 scratches which I can take pictures of. Never in an accident or any type of collision. Car is inspected until 9-07.
Instead of showing a list of parts to the car I am listing the mods done in sections to accurately describe the car better. There are $23,000 in purchased parts that are on this car, not counting any time or labor. All mods can be fully documented.
Power Adder mods
Old style Whipple blower bolted to an Accufab Throttle body. The blower was installed by Lidio from Alternative Auto with only 500 miles on the odometer. Car originally made 550 rwhp at 16 pounds of boost. Since then I’ve tried every pulley combination possible. The car is now setup to run 25 pounds of boost with straight 100 unleaded Turbo Blue. The car can be detuned and geared to run less boost for pump gas or a mix of pump and turbo blue.
All EGR and boost bypass components have been removed but have been saved. The car has a custom 10 Rib pulley setup from Metco installed.
A 8 gallon custom aluminum tank has been installed in the trunk, and larger Heat Exchanger with twin electric fans has also been upgraded for lower intercooler temperatures. A manual switch has been wired in so that the intercooler pump can circulate ICE water on the pump or at the track. The stock intercooler pump has been replaced with a Meziere high volume water pump.
Induction system
JLT high boost kit. I added a custom 13” filter and is also fitted with a 90 mm SCT BA2800 mass air.
Fuel system mods
This car has 60 pound injectors, and a MD fuel line upgrade kit.
Electronics
SCT BA2800 mass air, Kenne Bell Boost a pump, Kenne Bell Boost a spark, SCT XCAL 2, and SCT Racer Pro tuning software. This car has been tuned by owner and can offer tuning assistance. PA 170 amp alternator has been installed and has been rounded out by a complete and updated electrical system. Multiple redundant grounds and high gauge power wire has been installed. LC-1 wide band sensor with electronic gauge has been installed and is wired to have the capability to datalog air to fuel through the XCAL2 datalogger. The battery has been moved to the back and fitted with a yellow top Optima battery.
Drivetrain mods
Lentech 4R70W Street Terminator Plus transmission. 2.4 first gear. Full manual valve body, with stock AODE shifter. Transmission has 2500 miles on it. Bought brand new from Lentech. PA SFI flexplate. Custom aluminum driveshaft with beefy u joints. This car can be setup for autoshifting for approx $1000. Car is fitted with 4.10 gears.
Suspension mods
Car has working IRS that has been beefed up. Level 5 half shafts have been installed. There are also 3 IRS braces fitted in the back. It has the Billet Flow IRS brace that supports the right side of the differential. It has the Maximum Motorsports IRS brace that supports the left side of the differential. It also has a Kenne Brown IRS brace that firms up the front side of the differential. QA1 adjustable front shocks have been installed in the front. Factory Kmember is still intact. Stock brakes are still intact and are in excellent condition.
Exhaust mods
Stainless works headers that have been Jet hot coated. Headers are bolted up to the Stainless works 3” off road exhaust system.
Wheels and Tires
The car has the stock wheels and tires that came with the car. The tires have plenty of tread left. Also included a set of Bogart wheels all the way around for racing. Tires on the wheels are Hoosier 16X28X10.5 slicks and Mickey Thompson Sportsman ply tires up front.
Misc notes:
This car doe not have a roll bar or cage. I thought it was too nice of a car to put one in. However a roll bar and or cage can be installed locally if the new owner wants one. This car has all the working factory accessories except for AC. The AC compressor was removed when it went bad and was outfitted with a Ford Motorsport eliminator pulley. Has power steering, power windows, cruise control, Mach 460 stereo with amps and sub woofers. The interior is stock with the exception of a rear seat delete kit (have factory rear seats still) and different gauges. The air conditioning can be reinstalled for no additional cost and a new compressor has been bought. I have the majority of the factory parts that were taken off the car with the exception of the stock blower, HE, and IC tank.
Who ever buys this car will have the support of the seller for tuning and access to all tuning files and dyno sheets. I have hundreds of pictures of installation work to document all the mods done to the car. There has been an enormous amount of time put into trial and error and tuning to make this car run as good as it does. I would like to sell this car to someone who wants to continue off where the car is and not put it back to stock.
I plan on racing this car two more times this year for those that might be seriously interested. I plan on racing Pittsburgh Raceway Park and the Super Stallions of the Net event at Cecil County MD in Mid November.
Asking price is $36,000. Serious offers only, contact Dave King at 412-279-2531 or 412-980-2668 or via email at modular46@verizon.net