PDA

View Full Version : twin turbos

97svt
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
looking to put twin turbos on my car and wanted to change my internals for a safe and secure install. i also have a wet shot nitrous kit that i would like to keep on the car, but might be up for sale. any suggestions?

Troll
03-05-2008, 11:43 PM
contact Street Lethal Performance. He's in our vendor section. twin turbos is his specialty. you should CALL him. he doesn't get on here a whole lot. :yes:

KBCobra
03-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Set of twins was my next goal if I didn't sell my cobra. I'd atleast rip the stock block apart, keep the same bore since I'm sure your cylinder walls should be ok. Get some good forged pistons, rods. Good bearings in there. Maybe port the heads some, do cams. its really endless as long as u can afford it. Maybe do some research and really think what your goals for the car are. Alot of good companies sell built SB's which is also a great way to go.

Twin01cobra
03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
contact Street Lethal Performance. He's in our vendor section. twin turbos is his specialty. you should CALL him. he doesn't get on here a whole lot. :yes:

+1 on that, he did my car and on a stock 4.6 4 valve with built bottom end it produced insane numbers pretty easily.

Smallville
03-06-2008, 05:46 PM

x2 :goodidea:

dpstang98gt
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
yep thats where my car is at getting the TT setup as we speak...he is a little hard to get ahold of tho because he has been very busy lately

SonofaBish
03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Only slow cars have twin turbos :goodidea:

dpstang98gt
03-06-2008, 08:28 PM
thats what im thinking :)

2001GTTT
03-06-2008, 11:06 PM

And Ls1's. :rofl:

sorry couldnt help myself.

SonofaBish
03-07-2008, 06:42 AM
well... add the two together and its twice as slow

phillysrt4
03-07-2008, 07:57 AM
if you're still trying to decide on which turbos to go with, a great online utiltiy that was posted once before is here:

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/index.php

if you need assistance of what to put in or are confused with the compressor maps, let me know.

SK@StreetLethal
03-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Weve been really busy at the shop lately. But if you call and don't get thru leave him a message and he will call you back.

somethingclever
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
if you're still trying to decide on which turbos to go with, a great online utiltiy that was posted once before is here:

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/index.php

if you need assistance of what to put in or are confused with the compressor maps, let me know.

Bwahahah....Frank, Brian (creators of squirrel perf) and I were buds in college!

I always told them turbododge FTL!!!! :D