PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Questions

beniman
03-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I am looking to purchase a new midpipe and catback and I dont want to break the bank. I was looking at the Pypes exhaust components for both. Anyone running a Pypes exhaust or have any opionions?

Also for those of you that are running an O/R midpipe, how do you handle inspection time? I will probably be under 5000 miles per year but I was worried about the visual inspection.

Thanks

Troll
03-22-2008, 10:14 AM
What year is your car? I'm guessing 96-04 since you're in the mod muscle?

there's a guy on here "NateSVT" that has a Magnaflow catted mid-pipe for a great price. It's in the classifieds. The high-flow cats pretty much make the same HP as off-road. If you're in Allegheny county it's not worth the hassle in my opinion. I have o/r , but I'm in Fayette county... it's like the wild west, you can buy inspection stickers in a bar in Connellsville. :o

beniman
03-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Car is a 97 GT Vert, I am going to check out the classifieds. Thanks for the input on the inspection, I would love if I could drop my self off at the bar for an inspection.

coralcoupe1993
03-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I ran a Mac Prochamber and Magnaflow (Magna Pack) cat back. Sounded so nice! I made some MIL elimantors.

Rodeheaver's
03-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I am looking to purchase a new midpipe and catback and I dont want to break the bank. I was looking at the Pypes exhaust components for both. Anyone running a Pypes exhaust or have any opionions?

Also for those of you that are running an O/R midpipe, how do you handle inspection time? I will probably be under 5000 miles per year but I was worried about the visual inspection.

Thanksthe pypes stuff sounds very different, i dont have any sound clips, but i think there are some on youtube you can check out.. I can get the pypes kits, 410$ for alluminized, and 675$ for the ceramic coated cat back..

Wolfpack Speed
03-22-2008, 10:52 AM

Thanks

if you want something affordable mac is probably your best bet. the quality isn't there like with some of the other makers but it usually fits good enough and definitely sounds great! im a mac dealer and just put a prochamber/catback on a customers car last week, we were both happy. im also a pypes dealer but have only heard there stuff on the s197's. good luck either way:awsome:

Rodeheaver's
03-22-2008, 10:56 AM
if you want something affordable mac is probably your best bet. the quality isn't there like with some of the other makers but it usually fits good enough and definitely sounds great! im a mac dealer and just put a prochamber/catback on a customers car last week, we were both happy. im also a pypes dealer but have only heard there stuff on the s197's. good luck either way:awsome:
True, Mac is usually the best bang for the buck!! good call Mike.

beniman
03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I need to do some sound research on You Tube.
It sounds like i am better off with getting a catted x, not sure if i would want to switch back to the stock pipe every year for inspection.

FrvrDreamin
03-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I have MAC O/R H with Pypes Violator mufflers..
very much louder n more agressive than my MAC mufflers were but MAC is cheaper...

Troll
03-23-2008, 01:05 PM
here's a deal on a catted x... http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8356

beniman
03-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Troll,

Would that fit my 97GT?

Troll
03-23-2008, 01:14 PM
You might want to check SLP website. Most mids are the same for 96-04 (5-speeds). Maybe somebody can chime in on (if there is) a difference or not???