PDA

View Full Version : cog pulley

regan
04-02-2008, 01:32 PM
any one have cog pulley on their cobra if so where did you buy it sounds sick i watched a video on youtube also how much

o4c0b|2a
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
They do sound sick, however, you'll hear a lot to stay away from them. regular pullies work just fine. I believe rpmoutlet.com used to sell them. I can only see one for a lightning made now so. Hopefully someone else here can show you were to get one if thats what u wanna buy.

MBH
04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Don't do it man, cogs are supposed to be very hard on our cars. Do a search on SVTPerformance and you'll hear a lot of people that know a lot more than I do about it. I'm just passing along hearsay though. No experience with them at all.

MBH
04-02-2008, 04:29 PM
The lightning can take the cog because the automatic transmission doesn't cause the extremely quick drop in rotor speeds like powershifting a manual car would. There is just a lot of potential for damage to your eaton with this because it doesn't allow for any slip.

regan
04-03-2008, 12:22 AM
thanks guys did not know that any other ways to get that supercharged sound cant hear it unless i am going very fast since i got my exhaust and i already have a 2.76 billetflow pulley and intake

wick
04-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Get the blower ported. Dont know much about the Cobra's but my buddy got hit heaton ported and it got real noisey, whoopy.

u1arunit
04-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Just say no to cogs!

driverreturnson
04-06-2008, 08:21 PM
thanks guys did not know that any other ways to get that supercharged sound cant hear it unless i am going very fast since i got my exhaust and i already have a 2.76 billetflow pulley and intake

You can try different belts. The Gates V from NAPA are the quietest... There are some other belts with cross sections in them that are noisier if you really want everyone to know you have a blower....

Get a KenneBell or a Whipple for that thing. Quit messing around. :woot2:

Sonic03snake
04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Get the blower ported. Dont know much about the Cobra's but my buddy got hit heaton ported and it got real noisey, whoopy.
Stiegemeier ported eaton is deffinately one bad ass sounding blower.:goodidea:

wick
04-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Stiegemeier ported eaton is deffinately one bad ass sounding blower.:goodidea:

You aint lying man!!!! That thing has the whoop sound like none other. HAHAHAHAHA I love it.