PDA

View Full Version : munched my tranny at the track

Rodeheaver's
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I took my car to the track sat, and on the second run i used the transbrake, well it hooked so frigen hard i slammed it into second gear by accident and welded something together in the trans i think?? now it stalls out as soon as i put into gear. so i think i am finally gonna get rid of the c6 and build a c4 for in it, i am just trying to decide which is more cost affective to build or buy a c4, the only down fall about me building my own c4 is i that i don't have all the tools to blue print the case, and i deff want a blue printed case, at least i pulled the wheels and had a 1.57 60' leaving the line in second gear, hehe, gotta look on the bright side i guess..

Sonic03snake
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Ever consider a TH 400? Best option for a big power car IMO.:awsome:

Hawkeye
04-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Nice 60!!!
Could go with a PA super comp.

Rodeheaver's
04-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Ever consider a TH 400? Best option for a big power car IMO.:awsome:
I keep going back to that in my mind, but i just cant bring myself to using a chevy part in my ford. They are deff stupid strong, but after seeing how the c4 we built is holding up in my dad's car, i think i will have no issues with a c4 ( i hope) his car went 10.90s on motor, mine goes low 10s on the motor, the first time i really ever sprayed it at the track i melted the c6, i did get about 10,000 burn outs out of it and 9 good years of service.. but you know those c6 trannys eat hp and are stupid heavy..

blizzard
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
the only down fall about me building my own c4 is i that i don't have all the tools to blue print the case,

good excuse to buy more tools i always say ;)

hehe, gotta look on the bright side i guess..

and yeah, those C6s are crazy heavy

Sonic03snake
04-27-2008, 10:21 PM
I keep going back to that in my mind, but i just cant bring myself to using a chevy part in my ford. They are deff stupid strong, but after seeing how the c4 we built is holding up in my dad's car, i think i will have no issues with a c4 ( i hope) his car went 10.90s on motor, mine goes low 10s on the motor, the first time i really ever sprayed it at the track i melted the c6, i did get about 10,000 burn outs out of it and 9 good years of service.. but you know those c6 trannys eat hp and are stupid heavy..
I hear ya, using the TH 400 makes up for all the 9" rears the chevy guys use, LOL.

Rodeheaver's
04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
I hear ya, using the TH 400 makes up for all the 9" rears the chevy guys use, LOL.
I thought the exact same thing LOLOLOL...

pwtmxracing
04-28-2008, 03:14 PM
i just had rossler build me a c4 i hear he builds some tuff stuff i think i hade like 1400 in it with a hardend inputshaft it doesnt have all the bling like a pa (like the servo cover and deep pan )but they say he will stand behind it

somethingclever
04-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd like to see you go to a c4 just to see what gains can be had.

What did you car run so far with the new combo?

Rodeheaver's
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
well my compression went to 9.5:1 from 11.5:1 and my fist pass was all motor, i short shifted 2nd pretty bad (2.1 60') and it was more like a clean out pass, so i was taking it easy because the plugs were all loaded up form the drive up i think, but anyway it went 11.33 at 108mph, and i goofed the tranny after that.. I hate the 11s!!!!!!! the car totally feels like a 10.00 car, but i need to get my head together at the track, it has gone low 10s all motor with the throttle only 7/8ths open... I just have no time to mess with the stupid thing... and when i do i am pressed for time..