PDA

View Full Version : Racing my self in the notch

coralcoupe1993
11-23-2006, 03:37 PM
I was racing my self in the notch yesterday. A cop saw me hammering on the notch and pulled me over. Dude was cool, didn’t mind that I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt, did a 1st, 2nd, 3rd wholeshot or that didn’t have my wallet with me. I got a $106 ticket for not having the car inspected. lol, it was a few months out of inspection. Cop did like my car too.

INSANELY CRAZY
11-23-2006, 06:06 PM
man you lucked out!!! lol
so who won you or your car????? lol..........

Troll
11-23-2006, 08:50 PM
shoulda tried to run... :chase: :thbs: :busted:

lib88stang
11-23-2006, 09:29 PM
shoulda tried to run... :chase: :thbs: :busted:

X2 on that, would be cool to see a notch being chased by cops on the news...and it not being mine.:thmbsup:

thelast50ho
11-24-2006, 07:58 AM
You lucked out there. A couple years ago that same thing happened to me. And i got off all together :thumbsup:

madmaxin22
11-24-2006, 08:20 AM
glad i wasnt the only one out blasting around in the car..... had a blast on I79 for an hour each way going to the bro's house..... got lucky once when i caught a cop in the corner of my eye and luckily was passing a big rig..... :pepper:

shawnsvtcobra
11-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Man that could have been a lot worse$$$$$

coralcoupe1993
11-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Yea I could have been a heap of trouble! I think the cop was into Mustangs. I was a little scared he was going to ask me about my exhaust.......

Troll
11-24-2006, 06:22 PM
I was a little scared he was going to ask me about my exhaust.......

aaahhh, you could've told him that's why you can't get it inspected... because of the o/r exhaust. :twothumbsup:

coralcoupe1993
11-24-2006, 06:25 PM
aaahhh, you could've told him that's why you can't get it inspected... because of the o/r exhaust. :twothumbsup:

Yea! "Officer, that big box (prochamber) is a cat!"

Troll
11-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I got pulled over one time in an S-10 pick-up. State cop was pulling out of a gas station coming the other way and he really eye-balled me, then he whips a U-turn and puts the lights on. WTF? So he asks for my driver's license and what not. I take my seatbelt off to get my wallet out of my back pocket. He takes my stuff and looks all around the truck, then he says, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I say, "uumm NO". So, he has the balls to say, "I thought your inspection was up, but I was wrong. Everything's OK. You really should put your seatbelt on."

I was dumbfounded. Why did he ask me if I knew why he pulled me over? Did he think I was going to panic and give myself up for something he knew nothing about?

I guess it just depends on their mood's at any given time. Sounds like you got somewhat of a break. :thmbsup:

coralcoupe1993
11-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Wow, that isnt cool. When the cop asked me if I knew why he pulled me over I said "ohhh-yea".

I got pulled over one time in an S-10 pick-up. State cop was pulling out of a gas station coming the other way and he really eye-balled me, then he whips a U-turn and puts the lights on. WTF? So he asks for my driver's license and what not. I take my seatbelt off to get my wallet out of my back pocket. He takes my stuff and looks all around the truck, then he says, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I say, "uumm NO". So, he has the balls to say, "I thought your inspection was up, but I was wrong. Everything's OK. You really should put your seatbelt on."

I was dumbfounded. Why did he ask me if I knew why he pulled me over? Did he think I was going to panic and give myself up for something he knew nothing about?

I guess it just depends on their mood's at any given time. Sounds like you got somewhat of a break. :thmbsup:

Stangman701
11-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I was racing my self in the notch yesterday. A cop saw me hammering on the notch and pulled me over. Dude was cool, didn’t mind that I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt, did a 1st, 2nd, 3rd wholeshot or that didn’t have my wallet with me. I got a $106 ticket for not having the car inspected. lol, it was a few months out of inspection. Cop did like my car too.

Wow, if I do get caught I sure hope it's by this guy. I've been wondering for a while now how much the ticket would be for no inspection. I figured it would be about that. It cost me $60 the last time I got it inspected so I might as well just scrape the stickers off and hope for the best. I've been getting some stares from cops lately with the september stickers still on there. That was probably the same cop that some guy raced in his t-bird a while back.

coralcoupe1993
11-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Wow, if I do get caught I sure hope it's by this guy. I've been wondering for a while now how much the ticket would be for no inspection. I figured it would be about that. It cost me $60 the last time I got it inspected so I might as well just scrape the stickers off and hope for the best. I've been getting some stares from cops lately with the september stickers still on there. That was probably the same cop that some guy raced in his t-bird a while back.

I remember the T-bird story..... Yea $106 isnt that bad for no stickers. If you can pull it off for a few years, it would be worth it!

coralcoupe1993
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM

Oh, did you have your 85 5.0 out on Saturday? I saw one down behind the mall (by WMCA).

Stangman701
11-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh, did you have your 85 5.0 out on Saturday? I saw one down behind the mall (by WMCA).

No, but I've seen a super clean white 85/86 in the Robinson area a couple times recently. Mine just sits in my driveway cause I'm too lazy to fix the rear main oil leak :ohno: . I miss driving that thing so hopefully I'll get-er-done this winter :bouncy:

coralcoupe1993
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
No, but I've seen a super clean white 85/86 in the Robinson area a couple times recently. Mine just sits in my driveway cause I'm too lazy to fix the rear main oil leak :ohno: . I miss driving that thing so hopefully I'll get-er-done this winter :bouncy:

Yea, my buddy Keith has a White 86 GT and he lives in Robinson. It is SUPER clean. Runs ok too. AFR heads etc.

RUSH2112
12-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I hate when cops are behind me. I got pulled over a few weeks ago. I saw the cop waiting at a side street and as soon as I passed him, he bolted out onto the main road. I checked my speedometer and was clearly doing the speed limit and proceeded at a steady rate. 20 seconds later, his lights kick on and I pull into a gas station. (to make matters worse, I had a few beers at Happy Hour and was on my way home. No where near drunk, but if he smelled it, he could have put me throught the field test and possibly the 'blow' test. with the limit being .08, 2-3 beers will probably put me over). So I am sitting in my car waiting for mr. occifer (ha) to approach my car and I proceed to take of my seat belt to look for my ins. and registration to hand to him, then I think CRAP, if he sees me without my seatbelt, I'll at least get fined for that. So I hurry up and put my seatbelt back on without trying to move to much so he wouldnt notice.. (I think he was running my plate while sitting in his car so long)... So he walks up and asks for my paperwork, then walks back to his car. Literally 10 seconds later (it couldnt have been that long) he walks back and says: "Mr. Tomlinson, do you know why I pulled you over" I said: "No Sir.." He said: "Becuase your tail-light is out. You wanna get that fixed as soon as possible... Have a good night"

WHEW!!! All that for a burnt out tail-light. I let him pull away, then I cruise down the road and stop into a bar and have a beer :laughing1:

Stangman701
12-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Wow, how bad would that have sucked to get a DUI for a bad tail light? I know a few guys that have gotten one just for little crap like that. I earned mine. 0.20 :nono: :Beer:

Viper_ed
12-14-2006, 08:40 AM
I earned mine. 0.20 :nono: :Beer:

:rofl: At least it wasn't .081, now that would of sucked!

Stangman701
12-14-2006, 09:05 AM
:rofl: At least it wasn't .081, now that would of sucked!

My thoughts exactly! I would have been waaaaay more pissed off if that was the case. As it was, I didn't need to be on the road anyways and it has really settled me down over the past few years so it was somewhat of a good thing I guess :beerchug:

coralcoupe1993
12-22-2006, 01:33 PM
I got pulled over at college (Robert Morris) in the notch years ago. My reading was .086. The cops made me park my car for the night. Didnt get in trouble.