PDA

View Full Version : pens suck

SUPERDUTY
05-26-2008, 10:40 PM
well I can't wait to be at the arena for game 4 and see the cup handed out. I honestly think the redwings will sweep us. Penguins are pathetic when they play a good team.

2001GTTT
05-26-2008, 11:29 PM
I dont understand the whole just dumping it into the corner thing....why not attempt a pass or a slapper from the blue line? its worth a try, imo. Can anyone tell me why they did that the ENTIRE game?

Mitternacht
05-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Any time the Redwings were on us, it was 5-5. Whenever we were on offense, it was 5 redwings against 3-4 Penguins. They always kept a man on home ice, so the chances we got were luck. The Pens are scared of turning the puck over and the Redwings charging at Fleury, even as a 1 on 1 or a breakaway.

Terminated
05-27-2008, 02:22 AM
wow haters. go back into hiding where all the other bandwagoners were from 01-08.

theyre a great team and no one expected them to get as far as they have right now. they're getting caught off gaurd by a team with more experience and skill when playing for the cup. they still have the firepower but they need to get motivated.

SUPERDUTY
05-27-2008, 05:11 AM
[QUOTE=dannythekid;108056]wow haters. go back into hiding where all the other bandwagoners were from 01-08.

I am not a bandwagoner I have owned season tickets for past 10 years and I pay out alot of money to this team. Any team that gets shutout back to back has a problem let alone in the finals.

John4cam
05-27-2008, 06:35 AM
well I can't wait to be at the arena for game 4 and see the cup handed out. I honestly think the redwings will sweep us. Penguins are pathetic when they play a good team.

They have to dump the puck in hopes to get the cycle going. Det is shutting them down @ nutural ice. Therian (sp?) is complaining there is no calls when were being held up like this. Either way it's not we suck, we just can't figure out how play this team, they have our number for sure, hope they pull it together wed.

phillysrt4
05-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Any team that gets shutout back to back has a problem let alone in the finals.

dont mind me, just passing through :)

Twin01cobra
05-27-2008, 06:53 PM
dont mind me, just passing through :)

We won't:rolleyes:

Silverhatch
05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
I think on home ice, it will be a different tune. I think the whole atmosphere might have rattled them. Once they get on the ice in Pittsburgh with the cheers it'll be better.:goodidea:

laz2447
05-27-2008, 07:39 PM
They have had chances to score and just havent capitalized like the Wings have. While of course its nice to split in the first two games when you go on the road to open a series or in this case the Stanley Cup, bottom line is that it doesn't matter which game you "steal" away from the Wings. Take care of business tomorrow and Saturday and worry about taking game five from them. If that doesn't happen you know that your coming back to Pittsburgh where you have dominated as of late and need to win at home and go back to Detroit to "steal" game seven.

Of course all of this would be alot easier to talk about if they had scored even one goal in the last two games lol. But they did have good chances in game one on the power play in the first period, just couldnt put one in the net. Game two Crosby hit Malone early in the first on a nice pass and Malone just couldn't finish. Then when Roberts hit Staal right in front of the net and Staal rushed it...Those are just two that stick out in my mind as I type this out.

If they loose tomorrow, its all but over. But at that point I would want them to win game four just so that Detroit doesn't win the cup at Mellon Arena.

Psycho5_0
05-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Listen, I'm not a sports guru...The FACT is everyone in pittsburgh thought we would walk into detroit and kick some red wing butt! They are a championship team, they been in this position before (playing fair or not), i'm not saying they are any better than us. Expierence counts, and this penguin team is young and has really never been to the finals before except maybe for a hand full. If your a true fan stand behind them win or loose, face facts there is always a winner and a looser, it just sucks when your team dosen't win. And if they don't there is many more stanley cup finals to be held.

RUSH2112
05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Listen, I'm not a sports guru...The FACT is everyone in pittsburgh thought we would walk into detroit and kick some red wing butt! They are a championship team, they been in this position before (playing fair or not), i'm not saying they are any better than us. Expierence counts, and this penguin team is young and has really never been to the finals before except maybe for a hand full. If your a true fan stand behind them win or loose, face facts there is always a winner and a looser, it just sucks when your team dosen't win. And if they don't there is many more stanley cup finals to be held.

Well said. :pinkthumb:

I have been watching the Pens for about 18 years (yes, since they won the 1st cup). That is when I fell in love with hockey. I have watched them over the years, through thick and thin and I will continue to watch them for many many years to come. I support them in the good and bad times.

Yes it does suck to see them perform this poorly, when it matters most. They certainly have not shown any signs of this "weakness" up until now.

Yes detroit is a great team. They made it to the finals and it is down to the 2 best teams for the ultimate prize.

I agree. I don't know why they are doing the dump and chase. This has not been working. They need to figure this detroit D out. I think it would be better to carry the puck over the blue line, drop it back for a trailer, then drop it back again for a point man and start to cycle the puck. They will need to get aggresive and bring a 4th man into the zone to start controlling the play in Offensive zone.

They will also need to start standing Detrtoit up in the neutral zone (before Detroit even has a chance to dump it on or carry it over the blue line) and cause some turnovers and odd-man breaks.

Once they can score at least 1 goal against Osgood and realize that he has flaws, they can hopefully work from that and progress into solid physical play and build from it.

Everything aside (the BS calls or non-calls) the Pens are just not playing very good, mental hockey right now. These 2 team are nearly identical in every way and the games should have been close and could have been decided either way. The Pens are confused right now and I think that being back home will help them realize the focus and determination they lost in Games 1 and 2. Sad to say, but if they do drop Game 3, it will take a miracle to sweep 4 games from Detroit to make any comeback

I would love nothing more than to see the cup raised in the burgh again, but if it doesnt happen this year, I am sure that sometime down the very near future we will have it back again.

John4cam
05-27-2008, 08:53 PM
They have had chances to score and just havent capitalized like the Wings have. While of course its nice to split in the first two games when you go on the road to open a series or in this case the Stanley Cup, bottom line is that it doesn't matter which game you "steal" away from the Wings. Take care of business tomorrow and Saturday and worry about taking game five from them. If that doesn't happen you know that your coming back to Pittsburgh where you have dominated as of late and need to win at home and go back to Detroit to "steal" game seven.

Of course all of this would be alot easier to talk about if they had scored even one goal in the last two games lol. But they did have good chances in game one on the power play in the first period, just couldnt put one in the net. Game two Crosby hit Malone early in the first on a nice pass and Malone just couldn't finish. Then when Roberts hit Staal right in front of the net and Staal rushed it...Those are just two that stick out in my mind as I type this out.

If they loose tomorrow, its all but over. But at that point I would want them to win game four just so that Detroit doesn't win the cup at Mellon Arena.

I agree we have had scoring chances, but not as many as Det. How many minutes was it before a shot on goal for the pens in game two? Everyone interviewed after this game looked like they were speechless, at this point they have zero confidence you can tell how unsure we look on every play, just frustrating watching it as a fan, I do think this will only strengthen the pens by playing a stronger team for next year. I am still gonna watch these games mother f-ing everything they do, just hope they pull somethin out of their arses next couple games, at least score a damn goal! :rolleyes:

Psycho5_0
05-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Well said. :pinkthumb:

I have been watching the Pens for about 18 years (yes, since they won the 1st cup). That is when I fell in love with hockey. I have watched them over the years, through thick and thin and I will continue to watch them for many many years to come. I support them in the good and bad times.

Yes it does suck to see them perform this poorly, when it matters most. They certainly have not shown any signs of this "weakness" up until now.

Yes detroit is a great team. They made it to the finals and it is down to the 2 best teams for the ultimate prize.

I agree. I don't know why they are doing the dump and chase. This has not been working. They need to figure this detroit D out. I think it would be better to carry the puck over the blue line, drop it back for a trailer, then drop it back again for a point man and start to cycle the puck. They will need to get aggresive and bring a 4th man into the zone to start controlling the play in Offensive zone.

They will also need to start standing Detrtoit up in the neutral zone (before Detroit even has a chance to dump it on or carry it over the blue line) and cause some turnovers and odd-man breaks.

Once they can score at least 1 goal against Osgood and realize that he has flaws, they can hopefully work from that and progress into solid physical play and build from it.

Everything aside (the BS calls or non-calls) the Pens are just not playing very good, mental hockey right now. These 2 team are nearly identical in every way and the games should have been close and could have been decided either way. The Pens are confused right now and I think that being back home will help them realize the focus and determination they lost in Games 1 and 2. Sad to say, but if they do drop Game 3, it will take a miracle to sweep 4 games from Detroit to make any comeback

I would love nothing more than to see the cup raised in the burgh again, but if it doesnt happen this year, I am sure that sometime down the very near future we will have it back again.

Thank you RUSH2112, Been watching them for 20 years since i was 11 with my dad, and was great to see the 2 cups come home to pittsburgh!

laz2447
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Did anyone else catch Terriens press conference after game two? I thought him talking about obstruction, goalie interference and Osgood being a diver was alittle tacky. Although on Osgood being a diver, if everyone else wants to call Sid a diver I guess its fair to call out another for it lol...Osgood didn't deny that he flopped on the Sykora bump either in his press conference. I just dont like to complain about that kind of stuff, especially when "your" team does the same things and gets away with it.

Only thing that is bothering me right now is Kronwall and his hits in the open ice. Spare me the old time hockey lecture and the hockey is a physical game crap. I know what it is...and I know when you "jump" to deliver a hit its charging. Almost everytime he lines someone up he does it...I just wish they would call him once on it! I guess they look to nice on the highlights though...

laz2447
05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Thank you RUSH2112, Been watching them for 20 years since i was 11 with my dad, and was great to see the 2 cups come home to pittsburgh!

I too like many of you started watching the Pens in the 90's. Im 25 so when they won those two cups I wasn't old enough to understand or really pay attention in depth as I do now, but those times are what get you through to where they are today. (I grew up in NJ 20 mins outside of Philly...and I was raised a Steeler fan, and became a Pens and Pirates fan by choice...)

I can remember being the only kid at the roller hockey rink with any Penguins shirts lol. I even had one of those Franklin team goalie helmets for the Penguins. Which I still have to this day down in my basement haha...I always felt like I was fighting the good fight wearing Pens stuff in Flyers territory.

John4cam
05-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Did anyone else catch Terriens press conference after game two? I thought him talking about obstruction, goalie interference and Osgood being a diver was alittle tacky. Although on Osgood being a diver, if everyone else wants to call Sid a diver I guess its fair to call out another for it lol...Osgood didn't deny that he flopped on the Sykora bump either in his press conference. I just dont like to complain about that kind of stuff, especially when "your" team does the same things and gets away with it.

Only thing that is bothering me right now is Kronwall and his hits in the open ice. Spare me the old time hockey lecture and the hockey is a physical game crap. I know what it is...and I know when you "jump" to deliver a hit its charging. Almost everytime he lines someone up he does it...I just wish they would call him once on it! I guess they look to nice on the highlights though...

I saw it too, why not say we stunk? He basicaly said we don't know what to do. The end of game two was frustration, thats it. That is why we started with the cheap shot Bs. It's not like the pens to do these things, but were not used to being housed like this. Terrian needs to be the one that figures out how to beat this team, that is his job.

gmkillr
05-28-2008, 01:40 AM
I feel that we are being out-coached. We have the talent.:jump:

phillysrt4
05-28-2008, 04:08 PM
We won't:rolleyes:

lulz!