Thread: questions

questions

Im doing a tork tech S/C kit on my 02 GT.I dont know if anybody else has seen it I found on svtperformance its a $1900 kit and you buy the 03/04 cobra eaton which are a dime a dozen.I talked to a guy who has it on his 03 GT and makes 410hp and like 380sumthen trq.Which i dont think is bad Im really just looking for some input.guys chime and and ket me know what you think

1900 for everything? TB, injectors, fuel pump, coolant lines, belts, and misc brakets amd hoses?? youll need a temp tune to drive to a dyno or tow it. is it used?? i saw the tork tech kit in mm&ff mag or 5.0( cant remember) i think they spent 4500 for everything. i could be wrong. theyput down really good numbers i think in the mag it said 399hp 420 tq? i cant remember lol cuz im some help haha. i would do it sounds like a really good deal!!

I know a guy with a whole eaton S/C he took off his 03 cobra and he is going to sell me everything for 400.and im going to call tork tech on monday to see what all there kit comes with.and where is there a place to dyno,and where can i get a temp tune.cuz i wana do it right cuz if its going to be bullsh*t then il just get a KB

The write up in the February issue of 5.0 made 399 ft/lb and 406 hp on a tune that tork tech felt was a little to risky for the general public on pump gas. The whole kit seems like a pretty sweet deal except that your gonna have to either modify your stock hood and add their extended scoop or buy a cowl or cobra r hood.

Justin from vmptuning.com can get you a temp tune. You'll need a sct tuner tho. That's where I got mine from. Justin is a real good guy and great tuner. It sucks he's in flordia. Wolfpack speed just got a new dyno and he's ready for tuning.

I dont know that you need a tuner right off the bat....I think they might send you a chip?

Quote Originally Posted by wishIhada5.0 View Post
    I dont know that you need a tuner right off the bat....I think they might send you a chip?
    i dont think so. the sct would be a better buy for the long run and much easier because you can adjust parameters if you want. easy for mail order tune(temp tune) and upgrading

Quote Originally Posted by bill412 View Post
    I know a guy with a whole eaton S/C he took off his 03 cobra and he is going to sell me everything for 400.and im going to call tork tech on monday to see what all there kit comes with.and where is there a place to dyno,and where can i get a temp tune.cuz i wana do it right cuz if its going to be bullsh*t then il just get a KB
    Is that with the injectors and all the lil things you need or just the eaton?

I agree with the handheld tuner being the better investment over the long run, I just think that it should be included with the kit.

The eaton is not included with the kit.you have to buy it seprate.and it doesnt come with injectors or MAF just the lower manifold to bolt the eaton to a 2v and the front bracket for the belt.nothing else no chip etc