Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We have some real great Military people....

Quote Originally Posted by stieny View Post
    It just pisses me off that people speak so highly of the military and arm forces but then something like this surfaces. It pisses me off even more that it involves an animal.

DO NOT get me wrong, I do not let this speak for everyone that serves. I have had many friends that have been to Iraq a few times.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=621_1204615429

/rant
    I think you are the one who needs to re-read your post. Just because you have a couple friends who have been to Iraq doesn't mean you can go talk bullshit like that. You were trying to piss people off. Go look at the title of your post. You got your wish, you pissed a military guy off. Go to starbuck's and tell all your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    I think you are the one who needs to re-read your post. Just because you have a couple friends who have been to Iraq doesn't mean you can go talk bullshit like that. You were trying to piss people off. Go look at the title of your post. You got your wish, you pissed a military guy off. Go to starbuck's and tell all your friends.
    What an ignorant post. I never posted this to piss off people nor do I "talk bullshit". Thats just your ignorant assumption.

The title states exactly what the retard shot in his video. If he doesn't want to be labeled as a dick, then he shouldn't make a video like that, real or not.
    '15 CLA250 4Matic / AMG Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Twin01cobra View Post
    It's a shame these guys are over there putting their lives on the line and people are more worried about a f**king animal. Maybe if people showed more respect to our military instead of animals this country would'nt be going down the sh*ter. Next thing we will here about is the poor chimp that the cops shot, hell with the poor women who got here face ripped off. Hey, I love animals too, they taste good.

Your compairing a domesticated dog to a chimp that should be swinging from tree to tree. Yeah we should show more respect to this video guys...Lol.

I kind of see both sides to this:

- I love dogs (especially my Pitbull) and couldn't imagine seeing someone hurt a defenseless puppy like in the video without me ****ing them up. The video sickens me, and my gut reaction is "**** THAT GUY!".

- On the other hand, as a civilian I have no idea what it's like to live in a combat zone, have people trying to kill me daily, and having to kill other people on a regular basis. I've been in a few stressful (to me) situations involving weapons and they really bugged me out- mine were nothing compared to prolonged combat. I'm sure that operating in a combat zone HAS to really, really desensitize you towards death. I'm guessing that when your friend had his face blown off by an RPG right next to you, killing a puppy doesn't seem like the biggest deal. So, I think a little respect, understanding, and sympathy to the military dude is in order.
    2005 Mustang GT

11.2 @ 123

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    I don't have to reread anything. It was idiotic title, and an idiotic video.

Just becuase he's in the military means the thread title has to be referenced to ALL military???? Why not just title it "We have some real great humans?" Just because that dumba$$ is in the military doesn't have anything to do with it.

What if he was a football player....would you title it different? Point is, you were lumping all military together by the title of your thread...regardless of your "disclaimer" sentence inside.

If the guy was wearing an Obama shirt instead would you have titled it: "We have some real great Democrats!", or would you have not posted it at all?

Bottom line, you were trying to get a rise out of people with a thread title like that.
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    If the guy was wearing an Obama shirt instead would you have titled it: "We have some real great Democrats!", or would you have not posted it at all?
    2019 Colorado ZR2

I fail to see how serving in the military should give someone a pass on acting like an ignorant moron?

It is the persons choice to serve his country isn't it? Or was he walked to the edge of cliff at gun point and told he either had to enlist or he was going to be thrown off the cliff...for anyone to think that its ok and justifiable for someone to throw a dog off a cliff just because they have been desensitized by the thought of death and killing because they served this country is stretch, and a really far stretch at that...but if it helps you sleep at night I guess more power to you...

If they have been so desensitized, maybe they should just go and jump off the cliff themselves before they do harm to anyone else in society. Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all...

When you are part of a large, defined group, your actions represent that group.

Unfortunately, the video speaks very poorly for the military in general. Like the title indicates, there are SOME real poor militay people. The title was not idiotic in any way. It was actually quite accurate.

If there was a group of democrats, clearly defined as democrats, doing the same thing, then the title would state: "we have some real great democrats". The same thing can be applied to football players or any group for that matter.

This thread was not about the militay as a whole.
    Last edited by stieny; 02-20-2009 at 12:38 PM.

I read the post and I don't see where he said all people who serve

Quote Originally Posted by Twin01cobra View Post
    It's a shame these guys are over there putting their lives on the line and people are more worried about a f**king animal. Maybe if people showed more respect to our military instead of animals this country would'nt be going down the sh*ter. Next thing we will here about is the poor chimp that the cops shot, hell with the poor women who got here face ripped off. Hey, I love animals too, they taste good.

wow you walked into my mind and left with my exact thoughts... nicely done.
    Roll With The Mill Creek Mafia
    709RWHP/750RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Your compairing a domesticated dog to a chimp that should be swinging from tree to tree. Yeah we should show more respect to this video guys...Lol.
    uh have you been to the desert? better read up on your domesticated desert dogs there kido... your confused a bit.
    Roll With The Mill Creek Mafia
    709RWHP/750RWTQ

Everything I have is slow 2001GTTT's Avatar
    ahh come on take it easy....controversial vid but its an old one and theres no need getting pissed at each other, none of us participated in it.
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1931 Ford Model A - Project
    1991 BMW 325iX
    1978 Ford F150
    1952 Ford F2 - Project
    2001 Mustang GT - gone but never forgotten. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by MillCreekMafia View Post
    uh have you been to the desert? better read up on your domesticated desert dogs there kido... your confused a bit.
    Whatever it was, it sure looked and sounded vicious there pappy.

I wish that chimp ripped their heartless asses to pieces. That would have made a great vid.

guy's a douche, military or not. Someone should visit him down the road when he has a pet dog and shoot it right in front of him and laugh
    2014 RAM QUAD CAB 8SPD

IBTL

2007 Civic SI fo do.
    i-VTEC...Do you?
    Josh

..::Dangerous Beauty::.. One Sweet Day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxin22 View Post
    guy's a douche, military or not. Someone should visit him down the road when he has a pet dog and shoot it right in front of him and laugh
    I agree up until shooting his dog down the road....not the dogs fault the owner is an ass. Anyone who brings harm to animals or children I think should be hurt in the same manner. Then shot. Just my opinion though.

Side note: yes you represent a group when part of it, but the whole group should not be judged on one's actions. If it was a whole unit going in a village and abusing and killing all their animals then I would judge, but when its one asshole actiling like an asshole, then he is on his own. Who knows how many military men would like to beat the crap out of him for that vid themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by One Sweet Day View Post
    I agree up until shooting his dog down the road....not the dogs fault the owner is an ass. Anyone who brings harm to animals or children I think should be hurt in the same manner. Then shot. Just my opinion though.

Side note: yes you represent a group when part of it, but the whole group should not be judged on one's actions. If it was a whole unit going in a village and abusing and killing all their animals then I would judge, but when its one asshole actiling like an asshole, then he is on his own. Who knows how many military men would like to beat the crap out of him for that vid themselves!
    Ugh. Like I've stated in my original post and another time in this thread, I DO NOT think this represents everyone that serves. But your actions, when part of a group, are connected to that group regardless of what the other people act like or do.

It's all about an image that you portray and that video looks terrible for the military. Any working professional should understand this very basic concept.

Besides, that's not what I intended this thread for and it got way off topic.

..::Dangerous Beauty::.. One Sweet Day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stieny View Post
    Ugh. Like I've stated in my original post and another time in this thread, I DO NOT think this represents everyone that serves. But your actions, when part of a group, are connected to that group regardless of what the other people act like or do.

It's all about an image that you portray and that video looks terrible for the military. Any working professional should understand this very basic concept.

Besides, that's not what I intended this thread for and it got way off topic.
    so what if there was a vid of some military guys beating the shit out of the people involved in the video. would that redeem them? would you even care? how fcking stupid are you to say this dumbass statment:
    And people are real naive if you think all military people are over there in gun battle, risking their lives every day for us. If they have time to do this then obviously they are not all that busy defending our country.
    so because they are not being shot at 24/7 then they are useless? maybe people get so upset that you say stuff like this because they have loved ones over there and have lost loved ones or have been in the line of fire themselves. nothing wrong with defending animals but there is a lot wrong with bashing the men and women that risk their lives so you can sit your ass down in front of a computer and bash them. way to be thankful to our fallen soliders.

lol at this thread
    2013 Mustang GT
    1987 Mustang GT
    1999 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by One Sweet Day View Post

Are you comparing animals to children? I hope that's not what you meant.
    "No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in it's preservation"

General Douglas McArthur