Thread: Should I Keep The Stock 5.0 Parts?

Wink Should I Keep The Stock 5.0 Parts?

Over the years I've modified my '87 with mostly engine mods. Should I keep all of the old stock parts? My '87 was an earlier build model, but I wouldn't classify it as a "rare" car. I doubt that anyone who buys my car at some later point in time would want to change it back to pure stock. Any opinions? THANKS.

I think at some point, the stock take off parts will be worth "something". If not monetary, there will be a need. We are really starting to see people looking for those parts for early 4 eye cars now as they become more desirable restored. Right now it's still things like Pace Cars, early Cobra's, SVO, etc, but it is starting. Also things like dual snorkle air cleaners, and even emissions parts are showing up in wanted ads. I doubt those parts would make you rich, but could be helpfull to someone wanting to restore one of these cars later (if not yours).
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Hangin' with my toddler. Silverhatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin0660 View Post
    I think at some point, the stock take off parts will be worth "something". If not monetary, there will be a need. We are really starting to see people looking for those parts for early 4 eye cars now as they become more desirable restored. Right now it's still things like Pace Cars, early Cobra's, SVO, etc, but it is starting. Also things like dual snorkle air cleaners, and even emissions parts are showing up in wanted ads. I doubt those parts would make you rich, but could be helpfull to someone wanting to restore one of these cars later (if not yours).
    Exactly! Just take a look at muscle car parts. Guys (including me) are looking for stock parts for Chevelle, Camaros, Chargers, etc. There will be a market for them, if you're willing to hold onto them long enough. These Foxes are gonna be just like the cars of the 50's ('57 Chebby), 60's (Impalas, Camaros),70's (Chevelles, Novas, 'Cudas, Chargers, Mustang...).

Thanks for the input. They're in the back of my garage so I'll just leave them all there including the stock hood and turbine wheels.

I have every single part I have ever bought or removed from my mustangs and I plan to keep it that way. I've even bought some of the more specific parts over the years to have an extra set just in case I ever needed them, and I did it when the parts cost little to nothing.

I say hold onto it if you have the room!
    -Paul

1995 GT 'vert
    Best times on old 302 combo:
    12.03 at 112.5mph NA
    Best time with 9:1 compression NA dart block 331 setup:
    11.50 at 121mph
    Dyno'd: 415rwhp/410rwtq

2004 Z16 commemorative edition Z06
    100% stock: 11.9 at 118mph

If you have the room why not? I think its a good idea...

I wish I still had my factory cat-back, but other than that I have everything in a side room.