Thread: Clutch questions

Clutch questions

Hello Everyone,

I just got a very good deal on a Spec3+ and 26 spline input shaft so I went with it for my new KB setup. I have read about chatter, but I don't what it is, lol. I hear the Spec's have a lot of it. I have also heard of people running stock flywheels and steel flywheels. I heard steel ones reduce chatter. I guess my questions are: 1) What exactly is chatter? 2) what flywheel should I run with my Spec3+ ?

Thanks!
    '04 Black Cobra Coupe

2.2 Kenne Bell, FIPK, Accufab TB and Plenum, Bassani catted X, Borla catback, Head Cooling Mod, LFP HE, SCT custom tune by Terry@Street Lethal Performance

Complete IRS bushing kit, FLSFC's, BF IRS Brace and Brackets, MM adj tie rod kit, MM aluminum steering rack bushings, Fiore quadrant and ADJ, MGW shifter

you can either have the stock flywheel cut or buy a new one. i suggest getting a new one. i like billet steel since they are easier to launch compared to aluminum. (since they are heavier keeps the rpms up while you let off to launch.) but aluminum help rev up faster and maybe free up a couple ponys. it also drops down faster making it a tad harder to pull out.

chatter is hard to explain. you can feel it in the pedal when you pull out. almost like a hesitation of trying to engage but then not engageing and trying so on. its hard to explain lol. once you feel it youll know!