Thread: Any baseball fans?

Any baseball fans?

Come on in....

I think cabin fever is starting to get to me.... I'm starting to drink the Kool Aid that the Pirates might actually work hard enough to break .500.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

Quote Originally Posted by CobraII View Post
    I'm starting to drink the Kool Aid that the Pirates might actually work hard enough to break .500.
    Right up to the trade deadline, then off goes anything close to talent for "young prospects". I grew up with the Pirates on all the time, loved Baseball, and gave this team a chance even after the "unload" after the NL pennant runs. Baseball has really lost me with the sickening money now and no chance for these teams. Sorry to pee in the kool aide, but it should be an exciting time for baseball fans and I can't get excited this year. It's a shame that the next generations never got see the baseball we grew up with.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

I'm with you, Bob. After last years trades, I was PISSED. Most productive outfield in baseball, and management dismantled it. I was pissed all through the offseason. But I'm shaking it off some... I can cheer for a young team playing hard, much more than I can if they tried signing a free agent that didn't do squat... like the awful Derek "Operation Shutdown" Bell, and the like.

The money is sickening. MLB needs a salary cap badly. It works fine in the other major sports. The players union will never allow it though. You think they'd wise up... I saw a poll a couple weeks ago that said only 36% of Americans consider themselves baseball fans.

I miss those old days, late '70s, late '80s/early '90s.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

I was into keeping up with baseball but after the strike it wasn't the same.

The Bubash's was a HUGH baseball family. My dad won the little league World Series when he was young. My Uncle Doug STILL has all the records @ Highlands from the 60' and 70's n had numerous pro teams look at him. Two of my other uncle's Rich n Bob made semi and pros back in the day. But me and my bro decided we would take up ice hockey and jammin music. Go figure, bein the only two boys in the family, I still think some relatives resent us!
    Pirates lookin good so far, it'd be real badass if all three Burgh franchise's Championship it here soon.
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

I watch...frustrated most of the time...but I watch. It seems to me not matter how bad the Pirates are, no matter where they are in the standings I still find myself watching them night in and night out.

I'm a sports fan, so I follow them regardless.

Nothing more relaxing on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon than the Bucos and HD on my couch with a beverage...which always leads to a nap. :)

I am a big baseball fan, I cant wait till the D'backs come to town, I will be there for sure with my gonzo jersey!!

TJ

I played 3 years of semi-pro baseball after high school as a pitcher/shortstop (1 year off b/c of a rotator cuff issue)... made the decision in high school that I was better off with a career using my brain (valedictorian of my class) than being another one of those many people i knew that spent their entire life in the minors and didn't amount to anything - thus i really didn't pay much attention to the recruitment from colleges - instead played in the semi leagues for the love of the game... Had to give up baseball once I graduated college and started full-time employment... My actuarial exams made it impossible to do spring training, and changing in the car while the rest of the team is warming up was getting too hard...
    Every time i see someone with a baseball jersey on, it kills me that i don't play anymore... no matter if its a 10 y.o. kid, i wish i were still involved in baseball in some way...
    I've taken up golf to keep myself busy... watching the Pirates is quite painful
    Last edited by SonofaBish; 04-10-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

cRaZy HoRsE
    Every time i see someone with a baseball jersey on, it kills me that i don't play anymore... no matter if its a 10 y.o. kid, i wish i were still involved in baseball in some way...
    I've taken up golf to keep myself busy... watching the Pirates is quite painful

You couldnt have said it any better. I know a lot of ppl keep up with coaching...but like the ol saying goes...those who can...do!...those who cant teach! well i played in college and its a struggle to coach little leaguers with the attitudes and parents always thinkin they know whats best. But their poor ol dad couldnt n didnt play a sport cuz he had no ability but he thinks poor johnny should be @ shortstop becuz dad heard thats where all the good players play but johnny cant protect himself and is only goin to get hurt. So coaching isnt as fun as actually playing!!!

~id walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball again. walking on the ballfield again with a uniform and a team full of good players like i did at penn state altoona is an experience ill never forget!!! spring training in florida...games at Blair county ballpark where the Altoona Curve play...training there also in the winter months! Wow i gotta stop thinking bout it....its makin me wanna go back n take up fly fishing becuz i still have eligibility left!

But now its the reality that my time has passed and its off to the greens to play a frustrating game that i know ill never be any good at but for some reason it sure is alot of fun....
    Ryan

2004 Mustang Mach 1- mac exhaust, magnaflow xpipe, 410 gears, short throw shifter with more to come once the weather breaks!

2007 ford f150 Fx4 ext. cab- 20" rims with 33s, diablo sport predator, green cold air kit, Roush off-road exhaust, tinted windows

Sold- 2000 mustang v6