Thread: computer service

computer service

Hey guys, figured I'd throw this on here. A friend and I are gonna try to start up a computer business. My friend's real good with troubleshooting Mac's and Linux-based PC's, and I'm more of a Windows person. We can repair and upgrade desktops, we can handle laptop repair(in fact, I'm replacing a cooling fan in a Dell laptop now), setup wired and secured wireless networks with multiple computers, build custom computers for exactly your primary function of use, etc. We can do anything and everything with computers that you'd need. I even can provide custom modification to Xbox 360 consoles as well.

I have about 6 years experience, CompTia A+ Certification and I'm in college pursuing my Associates in Computer Information Science, and will be moving onto obtaining a Bachelors.
    Chris

2016 Chevrolet Volt
    2010 Jetta TDi Cup Edition
    1964 Lincoln Continental
    And 5 other things that don't run

Sweet so all these doctors down here at UPMC with MAC's can be directed your way. LOL

My buddy and I came up with a plan at work. Any time we are asked, what kind of computer should I get, we tell them MACs. Then when they ask why we tell them "Because we dont know anything about them" Thats what you get when you ask LAN Admins PC questions. lol

What line of work are you looking to get into after your are finished with school? Just an FYI...If you get a possition at UPMC or PITT they will pay for a big part of your classes if you want to go for your Bachelors.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

i do Mac. feel free to IM me in the event of a kernel panic ;)

I have over 10 years experience and am MCSA+M and MCSE certified.
    Let me know if you need any help.
    Edelbrock Performer Heads, BBK Ceramic Long Tube Headers, BBK O/R H-Pipe, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, FRPP King Cobra Clutch, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP Chrome Cobra Upper/Lower Intake, FRPP Chrome Polished Valve Covers, Chrome Alternator, Ford B303 Cam, Holley Fuel Pressure Regulator, 70mm Edelbrock TB, 75mm Pro-M MAF, #24 Ford Injectors, Crane 1.7 Rockers

Quote Originally Posted by blizzard View Post
    i do Mac. feel free to IM me in the event of a kernel panic ;)

No worries, I have a paperclip.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH2112 View Post
    I have over 10 years experience and am MCSA+M and MCSE certified.
    Let me know if you need any help.
    Will you be my godfather?
    Chris

2016 Chevrolet Volt
    1964 Lincoln Continental

I would contact Lou about advertising if I were you.

Corvette Z06

Growing up.............Not everyone does it!

I have multiple degrees in the IT field 4 Certs and two Associates In It Support and Software Development. Was wondering Rush? Where can i go around here to get my Comp Tia A + and how much money will it cost?
    Email- Stang1302@yahoo.com
    1995 Silver GT Coupe- Sold
    1995 Cobra Vert -Sold
    1990 Black Gt - Sold
    1993 Blue Lx - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by gmkillr View Post
    I would contact Lou about advertising if I were you.

My bad; your right. should of done that first.
    Chris

2016 Chevrolet Volt
    1964 Lincoln Continental

Quote Originally Posted by dlaul01 View Post
    I have multiple degrees in the IT field 4 Certs and two Associates In It Support and Software Development. Was wondering Rush? Where can i go around here to get my Comp Tia A + and how much money will it cost?
    You can take your A+ in greentree at a place called New Horizon. There is also a place called Riverhead in the downtown PGH area that offers training/exams. The A+ consists of 2 exams and I believe they are $125 each, but I took them several years back so the prices might have changed
    Edelbrock Performer Heads, BBK Ceramic Long Tube Headers, BBK O/R H-Pipe, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, FRPP King Cobra Clutch, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP Chrome Cobra Upper/Lower Intake, FRPP Chrome Polished Valve Covers, Chrome Alternator, Ford B303 Cam, Holley Fuel Pressure Regulator, 70mm Edelbrock TB, 75mm Pro-M MAF, #24 Ford Injectors, Crane 1.7 Rockers

Ok, as of the last few days every time i click on something to do anything I get another window to pop up and redirected threw some google shit. Driving me up a freakin wall.
    2001 Dodge 2500 The Big Bad "D"
    4" exhaust,38"MTZ's,5.5 Fabtech Lift,Cold air intake,Silencer ring MIA,Smarty tuner,Edge Drag comp, 64/71/.80 s300 turbo 175hp injectors.
    321Hp/783Tq New power numbers this spring.
    1987 Dodge 1/2 ton gasser 4x4 "jr"
    Ricers: For those who don't have the balls or skills to drive American Muscle.
    Not cool cause I don't drive a mustang anymore.
    Got Smoke?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGIvJflAxZU

Quote Originally Posted by HidalgoGT View Post
    Ok, as of the last few days every time i click on something to do anything I get another window to pop up and redirected threw some google shit. Driving me up a freakin wall.
    Sounds like you have some spyware or malware on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH2112 View Post
    Sounds like you have some spyware or malware on your computer.
    Bought ad-aware and it removed 262 error/problems and it still does it. I even tried blocking the http that comes up and it still finds its way threw. Maybe I should just reboot the whole system. People that make these virus/malware/adware/trojans/keyloggers need to be all tortured and shot.
    4" exhaust,38"MTZ's,5.5 Fabtech Lift,Cold air intake,Silencer ring MIA,Smarty tuner,Edge Drag comp, 64/71/.80 s300 turbo 175hp injectors.
    Got Smoke?

Bought ad-aware and it removed 262 error/problems and it still does it. I even tried blocking the http that comes up and it still finds its way threw. Maybe I should just reboot the whole system. People that make these virus/malware/adware/trojans/keyloggers need to be all tortured and shot.
    Do you have active, up-to-date virus protection?

Quote Originally Posted by dlaul01 View Post

My company does A+ training. We dont have alot of interest for in-class training but the online classes we offer for it are really good. They are what i used to pass my A+.

http://www.contactpointe.com/downloads/pittwvsched.htm

Thats a link to some of our more popular classes we run.

http://www.contactpointe.com/lists/cpacourses.pdf

There is a link to almost all the online courses we carry. And than we offer any classes on the Element-K online database.

Which is here. http://www.contactpointe.com/bt_o.html

Not trying to really sell you it. Im just the It director for Pitt here so i cant really sell it to you. If you want i could set you up with a free trail tho of the A+ classes we have online.

Have you tryed malware bytes? Its one of the best free malware removal programs. And what site is it redirecting you to. Umm what else, pm me a list of the processes that are running on your computor.

Quote Originally Posted by thehill63 View Post
    Have you tryed malware bytes? Its one of the best free malware removal programs. And what site is it redirecting you to. Umm what else, pm me a list of the processes that are running on your computor.
    Here is one and it even has scs in it:
    http://google-redirect.com/r.php?u=8...476799&q=Steel City Stangs&s=other&url=http%3A//www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/index.php

The other that shows up in the same process:
    http://homesearchtulsa.com/?do=searc...0City%20Stangs
    Got Smoke?

check your add/remove programs and remove anything google related like google toolbar. Let me know if you need more in-depth help like a registry hack.