Thread: Saleen goes down

Saleen goes down

I took a little morning cruise today. There is a main drag where I live with a plan of homes on each side. I pulled out onto the main road and right after I did this guy pulls out in front of me from the other side of the road. I noticed it was a local silver saleen. It was a new edge car. After following him for a couple miles on the main drag we both shot on a local interstate on ramp. About halfway up the ramp he nails it and I was ready in 2nd gear so I mash it as well.

I had to back off or I would have ran the car over right after shifting into third. He threw his arm up in the air after this. Don't know exactly why he did this, then he gets on it again in third and I went around him. The car has supercharged badges but it seems a little weaker than another similar sc'ed saleen ive ran in the past. I'll have to get some info on the car next time I see it out. Thats about the most action my car's seen in a while, Lol.

Nice john. you bring that baby down here for a little new edge action we'll bring out the white with pink pony out for ya LOL j/k we need to hookup and goto a carshow tho
    2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7 cummins-tow rig
    2013 Mustang Gt GHIG
    1978 F150 Camper Special
    2012 FLHX street glide 103ci 21" front wheel converstion
    1999 Harley softail
    1998 Buell Thunderbolt
    1997 Buell Thunderbolt
    2004 polaris 500ho- snow plower
    Cub Cadet 582 Kohler V-twin Puller
    Want what you can have, not what you cant.

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Nice kill John....can't say I've seen that car around before. I really dig new edge saleen's though....slow or not. LOL

Was this in the notch or cobra?
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkdcountryboy View Post
    Nice john. you bring that baby down here for a little new edge action we'll bring out the white with pink pony out for ya LOL j/k we need to hookup and goto a carshow tho
    Is that the v6 you got? Lol, I can only imagine what you did with that thing. We deffinitly need to hook up for another cruise sometime..

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    Nice kill John....can't say I've seen that car around before. I really dig new edge saleen's though....slow or not. LOL

Was this in the notch or cobra?
    It's weird, you won't see the car for a while and all the sudden I saw it last night and this morning.

OMG those cars look incredible imo, and they seem to hold a little value too. I really think the car should run a little better than it did, but hopefully i'll get the scoop on it. Oh yeah, this was in the cobra.

I know a couple people who work at bucyrus (spelling?) in houston and they said a kid that works there has a silver saleen. Also has a v6 mustang he drives around.

i knew i should of bought your car when i had the chance john haha.... good kill

Quote Originally Posted by cam303 View Post
    I know a couple people who work at bucyrus (spelling?) in houston and they said a kid that works there has a silver saleen. Also has a v6 mustang he drives around.
    Hmmm, I wonder if it's the same car. Probly not many of them running around. I do know he lives within walking distance of me though.

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    i knew i should of bought your car when i had the chance john haha.... good kill
    Lol. Im glad no one bought it.

The only silver saleen I see running in the area is a s197. I never seen a silver new edge in the area. Of course Ive never seen your Cobra in the area either. I think I need to get out more often.

Quote Originally Posted by RAYZ02GT&93LX View Post
    The only silver saleen I see running in the area is a s197. I never seen a silver new edge in the area. Of course Ive never seen your Cobra in the area either. I think I need to get out more often.

That may be my uncles s197. I'm surprised you've never seen my car though. I've owned it since 03 and have driven it every year. Do you ever go into the town of washington or nearby?

good kill havnt seen that car around. But not around houston as much now.

I think I might of seen you once crossing over from strabane square to trinity point but that was right before I bought my 02 and my 93 has been in pieces since I moved back to Eighty Four from east Wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    That may be my uncles s197. I'm surprised you've never seen my car though. I've owned it since 03 and have driven it every year. Do you ever go into the town of washington or nearby?

I havent seen that Saleen around either, and I work in Washington. A couple service guys are going up to Bucyrus today to do some work, maybe I'll have them look for that car haha...

I don't think I have ever seen Johns cars either lol...

Saw a Silver Saleen on the highway today but it was going away from Bucyrus.

John You going to have the cobra out this weekend?

Put the fith alternator in mine last night.

Quote Originally Posted by laz2447 View Post
    I havent seen that Saleen around either, and I work in Washington. A couple service guys are going up to Bucyrus today to do some work, maybe I'll have them look for that car haha...

I don't think I have ever seen Johns cars either lol...
    Man, I drive all the well traveled routes..

Quote Originally Posted by ttk53 View Post
    Saw a Silver Saleen on the highway today but it was going away from Bucyrus.

John You going to have the cobra out this weekend?

Put the fith alternator in mine last night.
    Damn man, isn't that a common prob with those cars?

Myself and my uncle are going to washington ford for the stang cruise on sat. starting at 9:00 am. You should stop by. Let me know if you wanna cruise out..

Man, I drive all the well traveled routes..

Damn man, isn't that a common prob with those cars?

Myself and my uncle are going to washington ford for the stang cruise on sat. starting at 9:00 am. You should stop by. Let me know if you wanna cruise out..

I may roll out its right down the road from me, but i have a bachelor party to go to Friday night.

I'll see you there...as long as its not raining!

Might still come even if it rains, just won't bring my car.

Quote Originally Posted by laz2447 View Post
    I'll see you there...as long as its not raining!

Might still come even if it rains, just won't bring my car.
    Nice!