Thread: My New Job

Talking My New Job

Well, as some of you may know I was cooking for the past couple months after being laid off at the Dodge dealer. Finally found something worth it, a company called Liberty U.S.A in West Mifflin. I was originally supposed to be a "Bulk Stocker" but somehow ended up being a Bulk Order Picker/Filler. The Order picking job makes more because of incentives, its somewhat hard work but so far it's not too bad! This is my first job having benefits, 401K and ESOP(Employee Stock Ownership Program). I'm positive I'll stick with this company for quite sometime, see if I can't move up in the ranks. I plan on going to school at the start of next year, to either be a RN or going to school for HVAC/R. Not a lot of money my way(for sure wasnt born into it) so I gotta' punch the clock to make things happen for myself. Almost feels that much better when its accomplished. Anyhow, heres a picture of where I work and to give you an idea of what I do.

I first get a stack of papers (usually from 300-500 pages thick) of orders to fulfill. They come in Waves, and usually there are 8 waves per day. One wave may consist of 85 pages, or it could be 45. Sundays/Mondays are the worst days. I did 404 pages today, and 430ish yesterday. I didnt get out today until around 2am (started at 4.)

I'm really excited for this job, and I dont wake up hating it everyday. its very repaticious but it pays the bills, and with the extra incentives I'll have some more to possibly sink into something fun (car, my own place, BILLS lol, ect.) Does anyone else do this type of work, or anything along the lines of this?

Start at the right side, and end up on the left side, and do it over a billion times before the days over. lol.
    Matt
    94 Ford Ranger
    01 KX125
    2002 Ford Mustang GT - 13.96 @ 98.8 (sold)

[QUOTE=pRojekt02GT;232724])

I'm really excited for this job, and I dont wake up hating it everyday.[QUOTE]

Just give it some time..:D

Congrats on the new job. It's nice having benefits.

Congrats and good luck with everything!
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

I used to stop there occasionally and pick stuff up when I drove a truck for Jordan Banana Co. for a living.

Congrats on the new job.

LOL at john, I'm sure. Every place will do that to you I guess after so long.

Thanks Everyone!
    Matt
    94 Ford Ranger
    01 KX125

Congratulations! =) Hope it continues to make you happy for a long time, good jobs are hard to come by
    United We 'Stang
    2002 Mineral Grey V6 5-spd
    Count Your Blessings, not your Problems

Congrats on new job. Give it time and you'll thinking is it friday yet

I started out where I work filling orders/shipping/receiving. 18 years later and for last 10 years worked the service side of company dealing with steel industry, power plants and fire departments.
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

Congrats, Matt. Must be a relief to have steady income again.
    LK
    '08 Grabber Orange GT500 vert
    "...the GT500 is irresponsible and outrageous, and seems intended for people with social disorders. ...If you want a high-strung, nine-testicled pet, get a GT500." Eddie Alterman, Motive Magazine

congrats man!!

DD: 99 Civic Si

Toys:
    07 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by no1fordgirl View Post
    Congratulations! =) Hope it continues to make you happy for a long time, good jobs are hard to come by
    Thank you :) So far, its only my second week and im tired as hell but loving it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Congrats on new job. Give it time and you'll thinking is it friday yet

I started out where I work filling orders/shipping/receiving. 18 years later and for last 10 years worked the service side of company dealing with steel industry, power plants and fire departments.
    Thanks Ed! A lot of people at this company started doing what I am, or something along those lines and they sit behind a desk now.

I actually asked a co worker if it was thursday yet(my friday)

Quote Originally Posted by TYR FRYR View Post
    Congrats, Matt. Must be a relief to have steady income again.
    Thank you sir. It is wonderful to actually have a nice pay check. Plus the incentives are awesome, up to 350 bones every pay if I bust my arse!

Again, thanks everyone! I'm tired, having a beer or two and hittin the sack! lol
    Last edited by pRojekt02GT; 03-25-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    Matt
    94 Ford Ranger
    01 KX125

congrats!! i was so happy to get out of the automotive world, i was a parts guy at baum and was closed as well.... just happened to find a parts job for a company thats 5 miles from home that sells ztr mowers and tons of golf course equipment. Been 9 months and i am now the Parts Manager and have hired someone to do what i started out doing.... hope it works out for ya!
    2014 RAM QUAD CAB 8SPD