Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buy this 2003 Cobra?!

Buy this 2003 Cobra?!

Hello everyone,

So I sold my Mustang... Bought an 06' Audi A4 for the winter... Now selling the Audi and going back to a stang'. Miss it so bad. But being I already had a GT, i'm stepping up to a Cobra.

2003 with only 38,000miles. Guess what, only $14,000. Needs a clutch (I know many people who could install this for me). And he also said the windshield wipers are not working along with interior gauge lights. Tac/speedo work etc, its just the lights that are not working. Relay issue? I feel like the electronics on stangs are too simple to go wrong! In my eyes this is a steal. It blue books at little over $19k.... as well as on nada.com. All feedback welcome.

Happy to be coming back to the steelcitystang forums!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    03' Cobra

for that low of a price with low miles and electric problems i would be a little careful before buying...wheres it from? who knows maybe it was in a flood or something. im just thinking why on earth would the wipers not be working? its only an 03. my wipers work on my 87 just fine haha

Junkyard in junkyard out. ModularMike's Avatar
    No electronics are too simple to go wrong LOL.

Well, he's in desperate need of money. Simply put, he can't drive the stang because of the clutch. And his tranny went on his truck. He can't afford to fix either now and he catches ride to work....

He said it has a clean title....Odd though I know to have problems with such low miles.

Anyone heard of or had a similar problem with their stang? I figure for the price I could just pay to have it fixed, but of course I want to stay in budget. I know I'll need to trouble shoot it before I get specific answers... But any thoughts?
    03' Cobra

More Power to Come! Stroked03Cobra's Avatar
    Id say its a great deal as long as there is no flood or water in the history. Iv never heard much about any problems with the Terminators electric other than they tend to eat alternates probably due to the poor location that they are in. Best of luck if the buy!
    2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra - 711 RWHP @ 671 TQ @17psi. Kenne Bell 2.8, FRPP Modular Boss 5.0 block, Big Bore 324ci, with full stroker kit, JDM Stage 3 Heads, Custom Grind Cams and alot more. 4,900 original miles..... Currently at Street Lethal Performance for a makeover!

1997 Mustang GT - 5 speed, 34k original miles

1968 Fairlane GT - 302ci Hurst 4 Speed

1999 Crown Vic - P71 Clone, JLT CAI, Dual 40 Series, Daily Driver

Thanks.

I hope I like what I see! Can't wait for another mustang... Especially a supercharged one. Should be a fun summer!
    03' Cobra

Yea i would also be alil hesitant. Did he say when these problems arose?

I'll give him a call tomorrow and ask any questions that you guys recommend tomorrow morning. Thanks for the feedback.

Doesn't it sound like it would be a semi-easy fix? (Just gauge lights and wipers)...in the hands of the right person of course... He said he checked fuses and didn't find anything. Anyone have a guess?
    03' Cobra

Find out if the car has a aftermarket alarm or remote starter. hose can cause lots of problems.
    2002 Mustang GT(sold)
    1993 Taurus SHO R.I.P.

2006VDUB GTI

Quote Originally Posted by u1arunit View Post
    They sent my Census form back! AGAIN!!! In response to the question: "Do you have any dependents?" I replied - "12 million illegal immigrants; 3 million crack heads; 42 million unemployable people, 2 million people in over 243 prisons; Half of Mexico; and 535 more in the U.S. House and Senate. Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.

gauge fix

I have read some stuff about the illumination on the 03/04 cobras and here is a link to svtperformance and a post about someone that fixes them.....seems to be a common problem, but not saying that is what is wrong with this one. Hopefully it can help you in making a decision on the purchase http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ixed-here.html
    http://www.fquick.com/celeste

1989 Mustang GT 663 RWHP
    MM&FF May 2010 Cover/Feature Car AND 5.0 Magazine Oct. 2011 Feature Car
    1991 Strawberry Notch
    2003 Cobra White with Parchment inserts (1 of 170)
    1992 Calypso LX
    2008 Roush Blackjack #30 of 100

MM&FF Article
    http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co..._gt/index.html
    5.0 Article
    http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...ble/index.html

This is another reason why I'd like to buy another stang... to use these forums. Thanks. I sent him an email about the problem.
    03' Cobra

This is my plan B as of now... I really hope this Cobra thing works out though. Just don't want to be stuck with a hassle.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
    03' Cobra

Here are more pics I got today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    03' Cobra

It may have been wrecked. The Cobra on the left fender is facing the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000GT View Post
    It may have been wrecked. The Cobra on the left fender is facing the wrong way.
    x2!

the only cobra that had the snakes facing backwards on one side and forwards on one side was the 93 cobra. its def wrong in that pic

There is/was someone else on here not saying who. But his car was that way. I pointed it out to him at the fld. Think it just happens cause his car was not wrecked that he knew of.
    89 Mustang (stock) DD
    82 Trans Am (not stock)
    98 Audi A4 (not so hurting)

More Power to Come! Stroked03Cobra's Avatar
    I dont see it leaving the line with it backwards. As long as you know what to look for you can usually tell if paint work has been done
    2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra - 711 RWHP @ 671 TQ @17psi. Kenne Bell 2.8, FRPP Modular Boss 5.0 block, Big Bore 324ci, with full stroker kit, JDM Stage 3 Heads, Custom Grind Cams and alot more. 4,900 original miles..... Currently at Street Lethal Performance for a makeover!

1997 Mustang GT - 5 speed, 34k original miles

1968 Fairlane GT - 302ci Hurst 4 Speed

1999 Crown Vic - P71 Clone, JLT CAI, Dual 40 Series, Daily Driver

I did ask if it has a rebuilt title, and he said no. However, he said he got a new paint job with sort of a bronze tint to it. So snakes were probably switched around by accident. Odd he would have paint work done, maybe just had the money n wanted to be unique? LoL... On the plus side however, he said the paint looks amazing... along with the rims etc. Hoping these pics don't do it justice and that it looks a alot better in person. I'm reaching for a car fax tomorrow...
    03' Cobra

Stocker Chevrolet Subaru mr4teth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobeStang01 View Post
    I did ask if it has a rebuilt title, and he said no. However, he said he got a new paint job with sort of a bronze tint to it. So snakes were probably switched around by accident. Odd he would have paint work done, maybe just had the money n wanted to be unique? LoL... On the plus side however, he said the paint looks amazing... along with the rims etc. Hoping these pics don't do it justice and that it looks a alot better in person. I'm reaching for a car fax tomorrow...
    He has the money to paint custom/unique color but not to fix electric issue and bad clutch ....somethings smells funny and it's not the Mexican food I ate last night.
    2007 GT500 with a few go fast parts
    PICS & Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    ...... GT500 is the most over-rated car ever made

Does this have to be too good to be true?... augh... Calling him tomorrow with tons of questions. I'll post... Thanks for helping me think this through etc everyone.
    03' Cobra