Thread: Another Camera Thread

Another Camera Thread

With our honeymoon close approaching, my fiance's grandmother had saved up some money and gave it to us to buy a new camera... We both have older cameras (mine is a 5MP Cannon from prob 4 or 5 years ago), but mostly only use our phones right now (HTC Evo 4G)....

So, we picked up a Nikon CoolPix L120....
    http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...LPIX-L120.html

14.1 MegaPixel
    21x Optical Zoom

Seems to have spectacular reviews, both from people who have bought it and websites who have reviewed it...

I think we got a great deal on it too... it was $260 on the BestBuy website, so the store matched the website price... then, we had a 10% coupon from when they made a mistake with something else we recently purchased, so we got it for $235

What do you guys think??? I don't know squat about camera's other than the basics (MP, Zoom, etc)... just enough to make me dangerous
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

Samsung HZ30W 12.0MP Digital Camera with 15X Optical Zoom.

http://www.buyhappier.com/samsung-hz...FUHr7QodolZtHA

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po437y8ltvw"]YouTube - Hill of Doom A.MP4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7w7bbUaix8"]YouTube - A-Star getting new Air condition and some paint work.[/ame]
    Last edited by map351; 05-11-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    289 slabside cobra
    6S1941

40 Ford Sedan Delivery < For Sale

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    Seems like a decent camera that will give you the features of an SLR without the price.

However, I'm more of a fan of a smaller camera that I can toss in my pocket, and use a bigger camera for better pictures etc.

A couple months ago I picked up a Coolpix S6100 and I love it for a small P&S camera. I am a fan of Nikon cameras so I think you will be happy with it.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Quote Originally Posted by dannythekid View Post
    Seems like a decent camera that will give you the features of an SLR without the price.

However, I'm more of a fan of a smaller camera that I can toss in my pocket, and use a bigger camera for better pictures etc.

A couple months ago I picked up a Coolpix S6100 and I love it for a small P&S camera. I am a fan of Nikon cameras so I think you will be happy with it.
    Yea, see my fiance was most interested in a smaller one, mainly because she wants something she can fit into a very small purse... however, when she has her small purse, she can use her Lumix, which is fairly decent, something like 8MP or whatever.. so, size wasn't really a major concern... we want something that will give us great quality pictures for our honeymoon and ongoing into the future - we don't use a camera a ton, so a super small portable isn't a MUST....

Although, I think the main thing that led me toward this camera versus a small one that you can put in your pocket is the zoom... anythign under $200 or $250 in a small package had a 8X or less zoom... i think the optical zoom on this camera was a huge selling point for me
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

Lol, that's exactly the same camera I started another thread about. Still haven't decided anything, but it seems like great set up to me as well. It was of interest to.me because I can get it free with flyer miles :)

Post some feedback once you have some time with it.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

My daughter bought one an olympus 12mp and takes really nice pictures, I normally would buy a Canon but I like this one too.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1498

I am also a photograher... www.ronshortphoto.com

I really can't be of much help outside the DSLR world but a big thing to look for is ISO performance. It basically means the cameras ablity to deal with low or poor lighting.

Keep in mind though that a camera can list a 6400 iso but the images may or may not be acceptable. On my DLSR I rarely use anything above 2500 but it goes out to 6400...

If you have any questions just give me a call and I will help you anyway I can...
    These days megapixels are no longer the important issue...