Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 90 tbird sc upgrades

my 90 tbird sc upgrades

i posted when there was snow on the ground.. and i was gonig to post up about it and all, just didnt get to it..

well the c4 with the 3k convertor out of my dads old racecar went in.. drove it around, started noticing oil under it, so i thought i had a leak somewhere so i was like ok, well i was looking looking looking, started to see oil under the hood, well she had blow by, and i knew it was gonig out the door, so id just drive it and drive it.. and on maybeeee 4 cyls at the most, it went 15.20 at 86 mph.. after that, she finally cashed in.. well i cant let it go without staying stock! so to support my blower, did a .570/.579 lift .. 218/224dur. along with a 110lsa.. the guy i got my cam from, dalke.. aka Super Coupe Unlimited, he tunes a lot of stuff, he was in the latest MM&FF magazine getting props from the 4 eyes notch cause he tuned it... so on, i told him i want it agressive, along with a mean idle.. well this cam certainly has a wild idle, and nice power.. enough to murder the tires in 1st, get some in second, with a 3k converter! well thats basically all with the motor for now.. so i was looknig on sccoa (super coupe forum) my dad came across a cxracing intercooler.. messaged him, next day i sent him the money, then it was onto me.. so long with 2 3/4 tubing, etc etc. well im in the process of putting the custom fmic together and all.. the ic is 31x12x3 with 3 inch inlets, but i went with 2 3/4 because i thought 3 in. was overkill. so here i am now waiting for the rain to stop so i can finish this thing

well heres quite a few pictures of this car.

trannie tine!

the camera guy was waiting for me with his camera up, so my instincts told me to smoke em, so i did!

1.95 60 foot

outside with my dads '86 in the back ground.

new motor! seen a old bbf at the alum bank car show... that made my mind up on my motor color.

new cam specs!

after getting it blew up.. put the new one together in 2 weeks, my goal was to hve it at the ford cruise in at delgrossos.. well thursday rolled around we just started on pulling the old motor, got the new one in a 2 friday morning.. my dad was nice enough to take friday off to get a head start on it.. got it all together, too late to start, so saturday rolled on.. got it ready to start, no gas in it......... put gas in it, wham! fired like a champ. let er idle for awhile with a little revs, took it home, wased it, went to the show!

i edited this picture.. desktop picture.

then it went to altoona cruise in labor day weekend!

sitting beside my dads car and a guys SBC s10 from bellwood

then here came the intercooler

started the front mount project.. this isnt a kit.. a magnum powers kit is 1200.. worth the bucks but i dont have it.

welded the bottom tube so we didnt have problems and 20 couplers there.

somewhat done.

minus the new motor(didnt expect it to let go that fast) im getting done what i wanted.. this winter, im doing a stang bolt pattern swap.. would like to do cobra brakes on the front, along with cobra r's or somesort of wheels.. ive tripped over these sve drift wheels, you can get them in black and i think theyd look awesome on my car.. and being lowered. i am still deciding on a magnum powers mpx but i may settle for a inlet.. 85mm tb, and i want to find a prom or somesort of maf meter thatll go with the throttle body and get away from c&l. maybe some meth. and do a battery relocation along the lines.

I love these cars.
    The best former Rodeheaver's Hot Rod employee ever.

15gt
    Premium - Performance Pack - Recaros

94gt
    410w - faceplated t56 - s478 - Gone

Looks good I've been debating about picking up a 1995 but IDK. Your car looks good though. What all did you do to the motor. It's nice to see something a little different.
    Life is a Journey, enjoy each moment. Don't take life to seriously, none of us make it out alive anyway.

Toys:

1993 Cobra #1118 Black/Black Cloth 45k
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 4x4 C.C.
    1997 SeaRay 190RS MERC. S.S. prop./Hydrafoil
    2005 Honda Aquatrax R-12x & F-12x Turbo's
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    2005 Ford Mustang GT/Roush Stage1 Package **FOR SALE ASAP**

keep up the good work zach!

Quote Originally Posted by cwh19 View Post
    I love these cars.
    this car is an absolute blast.. i love this thing

Quote Originally Posted by fordmanforever View Post
    Looks good I've been debating about picking up a 1995 but IDK. Your car looks good though. What all did you do to the motor. It's nice to see something a little different.
    thanks.. if it wasnt for the body molding itd be real nice. the motor is stock on the bottom end, but new bearings, their pretty stout and im not gonn make any crazy hp just yet. the cam.. well you see the specs in a picture, the heads.. they were ported by my dad, then they have bigger valves.. the valves are the biggest i could go without cutting seats.the blower is ported. its over driven 5% thats basically all really.

Quote Originally Posted by AltoonaRacer View Post
    keep up the good work zach!
    thanks! trying my best. hopefully the rain stops today so i can finish this crate.

Think I saw your car at the Target cruise in Altoona last month. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Nothing clever to say.... jaa55's Avatar
    sweet

I love all the cars on this platform...cool to see someone taking interest in one
    03 Torch Red Anni. Ed. Cobra

11 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered SOLD

01 cobra: traded

93 LX Modular 4v swap
    Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake SOLD

Didn't know you were on here Zach- IC project looks awesome! Car should be a beast when it's done. It was plenty torquey before.

I love those cars.
    2005 Mustang GT

11.2 @ 123

Quote Originally Posted by SAC81 View Post
    Didn't know you were on here Zach- IC project looks awesome! Car should be a beast when it's done. It was plenty torquey before.

I love those cars.
    yeah im on here... it was nice meeting oyu at the gtp meet and seeing your GT! hope you liked this car when oyu went for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jaa55 View Post
    sweet

I love all the cars on this platform...cool to see someone taking interest in one
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    Think I saw your car at the Target cruise in Altoona last month. Very nice.
    thanks a lot! i always have this car out. im too proud of it. it came a long way i think.
    Last edited by ZachCaswell; 10-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    Looks good, just like my old one! Wish I had the money and patience to have it around still!
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Quote Originally Posted by dannythekid View Post
    Looks good, just like my old one! Wish I had the money and patience to have it around still!
    yeah im finding out building cars takes a good bit of money

David Dalke is a great tuner and builder. He tunes alot of stuff for me. He knows his SC.

Hey neighbor! LOL! Every time I see your car I make the comment that I always loved and wanted a SC! My cousin had a SC3.8 XR7 cougar that was a lot of fun. Good luck with the rest of the build!
    -Paul

1995 GT 'vert
    Best times on old 302 combo:
    12.03 at 112.5mph NA
    Best time with 9:1 compression NA dart block 331 setup:
    11.50 at 121mph
    Dyno'd: 415rwhp/410rwtq

2004 Z16 commemorative edition Z06
    100% stock: 11.9 at 118mph

Saw your car at our DelGrosso's show. Very nice work. I'm hoping the rain stops sometime soon myself.

Tim
    Last edited by CobraII351; 10-03-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    76 Mustang Cobra II: 351W, Ported D0OE heads,69 Shelby alum. intake, Motorsport A332 cam, Wide ratio AOD, TCI Street Fighter conv., 9" 3L50 REAR, SSM subframe connectors, Granada front brake upgrade

sweet ride man. makes me wish to body wasnt so bad on mine
    99 cobra, rio/tan. silver 2000 R wheels,tons of kenny brown suspension stuff, engine from a 2004 aviator, 3.73 gears, flowtech long tubes and x pipe,3inch catback, dynomax bullets, bbk cold air, b&m pro ripper,

91 supercoupe, rest in peace

Ive had two SC's so i have a soft spot for em...my last one was a 90 5spd with a ported upper plenum and blower,few other bolt ons,pulley and a 50 shot of spray and an unknown cam...i was told it was a ford motorposrt they only offered for like 8 months back in the early 90's but had no way to confirm it. never took it to the track cuz it wheel hopped like crazy but it was a great highway racer lol. Yours should be SICK when done...havent seen one with a c4 swap before, how was that...PITA?
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara hard top..frickin loaded!
    2010 Gt 5spd....WIFE's car.

Quote Originally Posted by FineLineMtrSprt View Post
    Ive had two SC's so i have a soft spot for em...my last one was a 90 5spd with a ported upper plenum and blower,few other bolt ons,pulley and a 50 shot of spray and an unknown cam...i was told it was a ford motorposrt they only offered for like 8 months back in the early 90's but had no way to confirm it. never took it to the track cuz it wheel hopped like crazy but it was a great highway racer lol. Yours should be SICK when done...havent seen one with a c4 swap before, how was that...PITA?

ok.... redo..

to me? not really.. to my dad? mostlikely.. i cant lie about that one.. the worse part was building the trannie.. putting it in was a job. its a direct bolt up.. the rear main is a windsor rear pattern so..
    Last edited by ZachCaswell; 10-03-2011 at 09:04 PM.

he meant pain in the ass. hah Zach. like this car for sum reason. can't wait to go racing again next year fun times hah!
    hmmm what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by CobraII351 View Post
    Saw your car at our DelGrosso's show. Very nice work. I'm hoping the rain stops sometime soon myself.

Tim
    thanks! we started it at 11 flawlessly.. i wanted to take it last year but it didnt go well. it was kinda dirty but it looked well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercanary View Post
    Hey neighbor! LOL! Every time I see your car I make the comment that I always loved and wanted a SC! My cousin had a SC3.8 XR7 cougar that was a lot of fun. Good luck with the rest of the build!
    haha i just seen one tonight go through reightown! it had the stickers at the same spot as my sc'd xr7 donar car. thanks for the good luck.. this cars actually came out better then i hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenotch View Post
    he meant pain in the ass. hah Zach. like this car for sum reason. can't wait to go racing again next year fun times hah!
    lmao i got it now!