Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: prp opening

Quote Originally Posted by THE BIG KOALA View Post
    Hey Cam I saw you when you were leaving. How did you run? Your car sounds awesome by the way.
    I had a real hard time trying to find the happy medium of keeping the car in the higher revs when launching to keep the cam happy which broke traction and wheelhopped, and launching to low of rpm to not spin and lugging the car terribly until the revs came up. Stock pirelli's didn't help at all. ran 12.9@ 114 and 12.7@ 114 both with 2.2 60's. I left after the rain came, but was hoping to get a few runs in to get used to the car. For the first time out I'm okay with it, but I can't wait to do it again with some drag radials. I saw your car and bobs capri, but didn't see anybody. Saw Dennis as I was leaving too! How did you do?

11.63@117 was my best run. Still not quite 60 footing like I need it to but its not too bad
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

Quote Originally Posted by Slow01GT View Post
    11.63@117 was my best run. Still not quite 60 footing like I need it to but its not too bad
    I saw the black GTO in the staging lanes and didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize it was yours. Strong runs! I wouldn't put alot of concern on the 60' yesterday it was pretty slimy as you would expect opening day.

Was mostly self absorbed yesterday, but did see the GTO run once, watch Tom make a pass ... had no idea you was there Cam until joe said you was. I made a stroll through the staging lanes early then never got back over there.

Now we know why it rained, Cam came :D
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Yeah i'm not too concerned. Ran a little better than last year at prp and the weather was worse yesterday so the car still picked up. Got some more stuff to install and come back next month
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

Quote Originally Posted by Martin0660 View Post
    Was mostly self absorbed yesterday, but did see the GTO run once, watch Tom make a pass ... had no idea you was there Cam until joe said you was. I made a stroll through the staging lanes early then never got back over there.

Now we know why it rained, Cam came :D
    I f-ed it up for everyone again this opening weekend! LOL. They announced yesterday that it got rained out the first three weeks of last year and that was the three weeks I tried to go. Once the car was getting modded and out of commission the weather was fine! I should hold prp hostage and tell them I will go there every week and bring rain unless they pay me big$$

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    ! I should hold prp hostage and tell them I will go there every week and bring rain unless they pay me big$$
    Hell, I need one good test before I comit to going to the NMRA race at MIR, what would it cost to keep you away

It's not you Cam, it's just the weather here sucks ;)
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

I am hoping to get the car out next week now that a few rounds of cars went done the track. Unfortunately the weather looks terrible for next Saturday already . I need some runs on the new setup before points start.

'89 Mustang GT
    '04.5 Duramax

Jones Race Car Trailers
    www.jonesrv.com

I was pretty pump't ta get into the 100mph club my first pass and then crack into the 13s my second pass in my first passes ever in my uncles bone stock automatic Challenger!!
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

Quote Originally Posted by AdamantiumSilvr View Post
    I was pretty pump't ta get into the 100mph club my first pass and then crack into the 13s my second pass in my first passes ever in my uncles bone stock automatic Challenger!!
    You bring it out for the next one?

'89 Mustang GT
    '04.5 Duramax

Jones Race Car Trailers
    www.jonesrv.com

Ahh...

...um not sure!? Its really up to my uncle. At first he just wanted me to get a feel for it at last years BeaveRun Flashlight Drags I raced. Then he wanted to see how it ran and what #er's it did in the quarter. Pretty much so I could dial it in a bit to race it at the PRP Curt George memorial race this year. But it seems like I maybe racing it a bit more than I think in the future!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balaska347 View Post
    You bring it out for the next one?
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    I had a real hard time trying to find the happy medium of keeping the car in the higher revs when launching to keep the cam happy which broke traction and wheelhopped, and launching to low of rpm to not spin and lugging the car terribly until the revs came up. Stock pirelli's didn't help at all. ran 12.9@ 114 and 12.7@ 114 both with 2.2 60's. I left after the rain came, but was hoping to get a few runs in to get used to the car. For the first time out I'm okay with it, but I can't wait to do it again with some drag radials. I saw your car and bobs capri, but didn't see anybody. Saw Dennis as I was leaving too! How did you do?

I would be dancing in the streets to run 12's.Kristin's cobra needs a load of work done,(clutch gears)and It is going to spend the t/a money again.I can't goto saturday tnt's,I started a new job and work Saturdays now.

Decent runs in the challenger, congrats, i was up there in the bright white auto challenger ran a best of 13.51 at 102.7 was happy with that considering the weight and the 3.06 gear.
    real name-Shawn

Awe...

...true that, thanx!! Congrats on ur times too. I'll have to catch up with ya the next time. Whats all done to urs!?
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso92 View Post
    Decent runs in the challenger, congrats, i was up there in the bright white auto challenger ran a best of 13.51 at 102.7 was happy with that considering the weight and the 3.06 gear.
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

Here's opening day pics Chuck took. There's a pic of me in their against a blue s10! http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/chucktcutlass/2012%20racing/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

Quote Originally Posted by AdamantiumSilvr View Post
    ...true that, thanx!! Congrats on ur times too. I'll have to catch up with ya the next time. Whats all done to urs!?
    SRT intake tube with drop in k-n filter, diablo predator 93 octane tune, deleted the rear resonators.
    real name-Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by reklaw ws6 View Post

I would be dancing in the streets to run 12's.Kristin's cobra needs a load of work done,(clutch gears)and It is going to spend the t/a money again.I can't goto saturday tnt's,I started a new job and work Saturdays now.
    Damn Ford's! There's only a couple more saturday ones, so hopefully see you at a thursday one. It will be at least two weeks till I can go again. Must have better tires for the next one

Good to be out and seeing some cars til I get my heap back together. If you're in the album Brent posted, feel free to save.

Did you all see the PRP site, drag racing page?

Thanks for coming to our opening day Test N Tune. Unfortunately our day was shortened by the weather, so to provide you the best experience possible, we are going to extend the next Test N Tune until 7pm so you can get plenty of runs down the track.
    Join us for a full day of Test N Tune action this Saturday April 21. Gates open at 9am. TNT starts at 11 and will continue for 8 full hours.
    See you there.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

And, like Balaska said, weather is looking iffy for this weekend. So I already traded emails with track manager Jamie Tedesco. He said if rain affects the 21st, then the 28th will have the extended hours.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    very cool
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.