Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: price check 1994 cobra

all it takes is a tune to have them running the way they should the computer is holding that whole car back
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

Dead Sea Racing Crew phillysrt4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    Unfortunately a new Sonata would likely lay waste to the Cobra 9 times out of ten.
    To be fair though, a new sonata is 2x the price

I keep hearing that I can get a nice 94 or 95 cobra for 6,000 if it has a few miles on it. I can't find one. If it's 6,000 or under it looks like some kid in high school owned it.
    Or the miles are over 100,000. Every Time I find one that is all stock it seams like the price close to what he wants for this one.
    It's really hard to find one that is like new and still has the stock exhaust and air intake and stuff like that. I'm looking for a stock driver.
    If you guys know of a good deal some where let me know Thanks

My opinion.
    1. Miles mean nothing because we all know that in the first year or two it will have all parts rebuilt or replaced with bigger/better.
    2. Too much money, that car is about as slow as molasses going up a tree in January. ...see number 1. Replace stuff to bring it up to a fun level.
    3. You can get a decent car for closer to 2500-5000 and make it what you want. ..again, refer to number 1.
    4. It will never ever gain value. You will be putting money in it to make it fun...Welp, you guessed it...see number 1 again.
    5. Unless your an older individual who really wants a car to just leave alone and not touch it, well, its up to you as what you want. But for most of us, we date back to number 1.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

Please take In mind that was my opinion and not a smart assed reply. A normal GT can be turned onto a cobra for next to nothing. I would take that fox you have and dump a couple grand in to it and have a serious screamer!!
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12

Wick.....OldFox is an older gentleman but I have met him a couple times and that fox he had had a bid blower and carb setup along with a roll bar. Never saw him leave withou a smoke show. I seriously doubt he leaves it stock......or he better not lol
    XXX RWHP
    XXX RWTQ

But only if I let Kenne scream at ya. LOL

Wick, I don't think you are a smart ass your just looking at it differently than me. I was going to buy a new car for a daily driver but I can buy an older Cobra that is very close to new for a lot less and have driver that should last for years.
    1. Miles are everything. Every mile that is on the car is one less mile I will get to run out of it.
    2. To much money,,, See above number 1
    3. Buy a cheaper one and make what you want.. I want a stock driver. And building one can get expensive. See number 2
    4. never gain value,, How much will I loose when I drive a new one off the lot?
    Probably more than I'm paying for this one. Priced a new Gt or Cobra Jet?
    5. Yes OK I'm getting old but I prefer to think of it as well seasoned
    Some of us get old and then some of us just get aged
    6. Put a little money in the fox and make it a screamer? See below I got it covered

At $12,000 for new or nearly new Cobra would be like buying a new car for $200 a month for 5 years
    How much are payments on new Cobra Jet or a base GT? Or 2 1/2 years for $400 month
    The car you see below has been ran year round (yes I have had to put chains on it to get up the mountain) And taken it out of state and back all the time -- about 300 miles to Summit made the trip many times 21.4 MPG 70-75 mph with the A/C this is the daily driver I'm replacing. I'm ready for a all stock driver

Last edited by oldfox; 05-13-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfox View Post
    Wick, I don't think you are a smart ass your just looking at it differently than me. I was going to buy a new car for a daily driver but I can buy an older Cobra that is very close to new for a lot less and have driver that should last for years.
    1. Miles are everything. Every mile that is on the car is one less mile I will get to run out of it.
    2. To much money,,, See above number 1
    3. Buy a cheaper one and make what you want.. I want a stock driver. And building one can get expensive. See number 2
    4. never gain value,, How much will I loose when I drive a new one off the lot?
    Probably more than I'm paying for this one. Priced a new Gt or Cobra Jet?
    5. Yes OK I'm getting old but I prefer to think of it as well seasoned
    Some of us get old and then some of us just get aged
    6. Put a little money in the fox and make it a screamer? See below I got it covered

At $12,000 for new or nearly new Cobra would be like buying a new car for $200 a month for 5 years
    How much are payments on new Cobra Jet or a base GT? Or 2 1/2 years for $400 month
    The car you see below has been ran year round (yes I have had to put chains on it to get up the mountain) And taken it out of state and back all the time -- about 300 miles to Summit made the trip many times 21.4 MPG 70-75 mph with the A/C this is the daily driver I'm replacing. I'm ready for a all stock driver

Well, I see you have covered number 1 in an interesting manner. I like it!!

You have made some good points for yourself here. Almost sounds as if you have talked yourself into buying it. Its what each person wants. Like you said, it was just my view on it.

Soooo, when you picking it up?
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12

Quote Originally Posted by no1sirbutler View Post
    Wick.....OldFox is an older gentleman but I have met him a couple times and that fox he had had a bid blower and carb setup along with a roll bar. Never saw him leave withou a smoke show. I seriously doubt he leaves it stock......or he better not lol
    Haha!! I realize that now. Wasn't sure. I vaguely remember him doing that car last year or something.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Basically, you could buy this car for $12k...or maybe $10k...and put 80k more miles on it. And if you take good care of it you'll still get around $6k out of it when you decide to sell. So at the end of the day, you're getting a lot of use out of the car and not taking much of a depreciation hit on it.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I guess you are right sounds like I have talked myself into buying the car but usually any time you drop that much cash all at once there is a hesitation and you need to reassure yourself. Want to know the stupid part about wanting a 94 or 95 cobra?
    I love the rear spoiler . I was behind one in 94 or 95 and it didn't have a SVT emblem on the rear. I kept thinking "what kind of Ford is that?" I passed the car just to see what it was as I did I thought "Damn that's a nice car" Didn't take me long to figure out what year it was. That was years ago and I have wanted one ever since. Now I just may buy one. Going to see the guy on Tuesday.
    I like the look of an all stock one. I think Ford got it right that time, Even the wheels

PaxtonShelby,
    Your right $200 a month for 5 years, Then with 100,000 Mi sell it for $6000 to put down on the next daily driver. (unless they go back up) that would leave me at $100 month.
    That deal is going to be hard to beat.
    Last edited by oldfox; 05-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Great put some pics up I think it's a good idea now that you have explained your logic
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

cruisin for a bruisin geps91stang's Avatar
    Is this car located on rt 119 in connellsville at a dealership cause I seen a red 94 around here for that price not sure on mileage though

No,, This has a private owner

Last edited by oldfox; 05-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Very nice! I always liked thoes wheels.

That's so freakin nice. Don't drive it in the winter :(

VORTECH V3Si | INTERCOOLED | LONGTUBES | X PIPE | EIBACH | CORSA | MGW | SCT | LUND | 442/403

that is a real nice car. I don't think that price is unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000GT View Post
    that is a real nice car. I don't think that price is unreasonable.
    I agree. It doesn't take much to have them run well either.
    -Paul

1995 GT 'vert
    Best times on old 302 combo:
    12.03 at 112.5mph NA
    Best time with 9:1 compression NA dart block 331 setup:
    11.50 at 121mph
    Dyno'd: 415rwhp/410rwtq

2004 Z16 commemorative edition Z06
    100% stock: 11.9 at 118mph

Looks like its got 95riosnake potential!
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Quote Originally Posted by yeahloh95 View Post
    all it takes is a tune to have them running the way they should the computer is holding that whole car back
    @yeahloh95 ... It only took me 11+ years to see your post #21 here- http://www.steelcitymusclecars.com/f...t=cobra+wheels -Tell me more about this, would a tune help a bone stock 94 Cobra? I bought one of these 5+ years ago now. Love the car, but it is s-l-o-w. Still with the 3:08's, gonna leave it that way because of the 1st gear ratio at 3:35. I did read that the timing gets pulled back when changing gears, can this be overcome? What else to be gained? Who could I take it to that knows their way around the 94 car as far as a tune? Not sure you'll see this post, if I don't hear back I'll send you a PM. Thanks. Anyone else to chime in?
    Bone stock Rio Red 1994 Mustang Cobra