Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Joke V

NEWB
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Rex View Post
    NEVERMIND - picked up the info on FB. 2013 A6 with Recaros.

Thoughts on the seats???

Not an expert, but with looking at the wheels, seems to be the base model (which is the way I would go). IMHO, if it doesn't make it go - stop - or turn...its not needed. Track pack? Or just Brembos?.....curious. I have my sights set on a base Race Red, 6 spd manual, Track Pack and Recaros - MSRP $35,185....my company is a corporate partner - so I can get an x-plan pin.
    NEVERMIND x2 - LOL!

Automatics can't get the Track Pack....I guess I figured it out. I'd still like to know Mike's thoughts on the seats.

Modular Ford Performance Wolfpack Speed's Avatar
    Hate to be a newb...but is this a 2013....or 2012? If it is a 2013....any options like the Recaros or Track Pack? Thinking about unloading my 2006 and getting a 2013.
    NEVERMIND - picked up the info on FB. 2013 A6 with Recaros.

Thoughts on the seats???

Not an expert, but with looking at the wheels, seems to be the base model (which is the way I would go). IMHO, if it doesn't make it go - stop - or turn...its not needed. Track pack? Or just Brembos?.....curious. I have my sights set on a base Race Red, 6 spd manual, Track Pack and Recaros - MSRP $35,185....my company is a corporate partner - so I can get an x-plan pin.
    NEVERMIND x2 - LOL!

Automatics can't get the Track Pack....I guess I figured it out. I'd still like to know Mike's thoughts on the seats.
    Car is a 2013 base model with Recaro sport cloth bucket racing seats, A6, spoiler delete and all weather floor mats. I really like the Recaro's but don't expect them to last/look great for too long, just my opinion. If I could do it all over again, I would still order the Recaro's. You are more than welcome to stop by the shop and check them out for your self
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Mike - what's the issue with the Recaros? Don't you think the cloth will hold up / look new for too long? I like the look of the leather Recaros in the Premium GT - that's the way I hope to go when the time comes.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

NEWB
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Mike - what's the issue with the Recaros? Don't you think the cloth will hold up / look new for too long? I like the look of the leather Recaros in the Premium GT - that's the way I hope to go when the time comes.
    Thanks for the offer Mike - I'll try and get out there soon. My work schedule makes it rough Mon-Fri, but I'll see what I can do.

BTW - I'm the dude that you installed the MGW shifter - driveshaft - and 4.10s....and the DS was configured backwards. Black '06 GT.

Peace!

Yeah, just dont seem like they are built for the long haul but I could be totally wrong.

Thanks for the offer Mike - I'll try and get out there soon. My work schedule makes it rough Mon-Fri, but I'll see what I can do.

BTW - I'm the dude that you installed the MGW shifter - driveshaft - and 4.10s....and the DS was configured backwards. Black '06 GT.

Peace!
    I remember now! I am usually here Tuesday - Saturday...
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

made 3 more pulls today, only difference is the rear tires are my mt et street radials, picked up a little bit of torque! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

Built, Cammed, CCW'd SVT NateSVT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack Speed View Post
    Yeah, just dont seem like they are built for the long haul but I could be totally wrong.
    Hopefully they last longer than the Recaro seats in Evo 8s (2003-2005), most of the ones I've seen are pretty worn out. They have probably improved since then though.

2004 SVT Cobra - sold
    2000 Yamaha R1
    2006 Yamaha R1 - Raven

10.89 @ 127.6 1.61 60' with a ported Eaton

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    ^^^ Aside from the bolster wear, looks like it just needs a bath.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

sweet ride! thought i saw it at bella luna parking lot a week ago?
    2001 Mustang Bullitt #1481
    Novi1000 Supercharged
    SLP Longtubes
    SLP High Flow Cats
    SLP Stainless Exhaust
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    Jon Lund Tune @ Wolfpack Speed
    343rwhp/355rwtq

Nothing clever to say.... jaa55's Avatar
    wow, I love this car.

trade for a grabber blue?
    03 Torch Red Anni. Ed. Cobra

11 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered SOLD

01 cobra: traded

93 LX Modular 4v swap
    Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by keithd View Post
    sweet ride! thought i saw it at bella luna parking lot a week ago?
    That was me!

Quote Originally Posted by jaa55 View Post
    wow, I love this car.

trade for a grabber blue?
    No thanks! (I do love Grabber Blue though) LOL
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

So after making a few stock hits on the new mt et street radials, I loaded a tune and made an initial hit. Right at the end of the pull the tire started to come apart, ultimately ripping my fender well liner out, denting the inner fender well, pulled the side skirt partially off and broke the mounting hardware, little bit of damage to the rear bumper cover and mud flap.

It looks like I can repair the car without having to do any paint work and there will be no visible damage. I am relieved about that but still a shitty situation. The tires are new but the manufactured date stamp on them is the 45th week of 2010. I talked to the place I bought them from, the distributor they purchase them from and Mickey Thompson. The distributor and the manufacturer told me to go pound salt. No warranty on competition tires and they are not to be used on the dyno. These are merely excuses from them not to do anything about it and to be honest with you all, thats just how this industry works, like it or not. I have made thousands of hits on my dyno, many with drag radials, slicks etc. The no dyno excuse really cracked me up and the shop I purchased the tires from totally agrees and they are refunding my money on the tires. I still have to eat the rest but it was nice of them to work with me! Glad it happend on the dyno and not the street or even worse, the track. Brand new tires, I literally bolted them on while the car was on the dyno, unbelievable!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

Might as well mini tub it while you're that far into it...

2004 Black GT
    2009 Black Jeep SRT8
    2013 Race Red Boss 302
    2003 Black SVT Cobra (11k miles, E85, 2.3 whipple, 22psi, 700+ RWHP) FOR SALE!
    2009 White 6.4 F250 SOLD
    2008 Black TL-S SOLD
    2006 Black R1 Raven SOLD
    2002 Black SVT Lightning SOLD
    2003 Red Mustang SOLD

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    Mike go on yb asap! This just happened to another guy

Sorry to hear about this Mike, what was their "no dyno" reasoning? Heat? Do the rollers even get hot during pulls!??
    2008 Mustang GT (SOLD)

2012 Black on Black Mustang GT Premium, MT82, 3.73, HID's, rear view camera, Brembo, Steeda, Lethal Performance, Flowmaster, SCT, Ford Racing Parts, Manley, ARP, Boss302, Mickey Thompson, Racestar Industries, BMR, M&H Racemaster, Pirelli, Energy Suspension, Stifflers, The DriveShaft Shop, Auto Meter, SOS, Raptor Performance, CFM. 11.89@118.30 w/1.75 60' 415.06/397.53 SAE/5

Man that sucks Mike! Glad no one got hurt! Well physically anyway.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by TooFast98Cobra View Post
    Mike go on yb asap! This just happened to another guy
    Link???
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

Thanks guys, I will get her fixed up! Really would like to make it to the track soon...
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Wow - that is some scary sh!t...

Sorry this happened, but glad to hear nobody standing around got hit with anything flying off.

Is that why a lot of dynos seem to be installed so the car faces a wall rather than the garage door opening? I always wondered about that.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Is that why a lot of dynos seem to be installed so the car faces a wall rather than the garage door opening? I always wondered about that.
    Not at all, just no good way for me to do an above ground setup and still have the exhaust going out the door with the way my shop is laid out. Issues on the dyno are extremely rare if you know what you are doing, thats what straps and wheel chocks are for! Nothing violent happened, just a helpless feeling when you hear stuff getting chewed up and cant do a thing about it besides apply the dyno brake and wait for everything to stop!!!
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902