Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 09+ CTS-V Questions

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Here's a low-mileage and very serious 2005 CTS-V on ebay located in Ohio... Will probably go for half of the cost of a new one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...item3ccac543f7

And a nice 2009 with a starting bid of $38k...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...item20cb6f8a6a

These cars really are sharp in silver...
    Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 09-18-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    I'm not saying the MM is anywhere equal to a CTS-V - just offered a suggestion that a MM would be a good alternative to a CTS-V. No doubt, the CTS-V is a great car with nearly supercar performance. But we're talking about a vehicle that will be a daily driver. That much horsepower in cold / wet / snowy conditions will make things dicey at best. MMs / Crown Vics are tanks in the snow. When you have kids you have to think about safety more than anything.

In 5 years the CTS-V will be worth 1/2 of what it stickered for new. A nice MM might lose 10% from its current value. In this case it doesn't much matter because AJ plans to keep the car long-term. But if he'd tire of it after 5 years he has to be prepared to take it on the chin.

Since when is 13.1 @ 105 mph "barely breaking" into the 13's?

The V will be getting snows for sure in the winter months. I don't know what it weighs, but I believe the sedan is in the 4,300-4,400 lb. mark. Should be ok in the snow with the right tires and not driving like a tool when the roads are bad out.

There are already 2012's with under 10K miles going for mid 50's and they stickered in the mid 70's. I definitely feel bad for the people spending close to MSRP and then getting a 20K hit within a few months. One reason that buying a slightly used well taken care of car is the only way to buy!

I'm honestly STUCK on the color...I like the Black Diamond the best, but I could also do Black Raven, Opulent Blue, Crystal Red, and even Silver(with black wheels of course) if the right deal comes along. Still kinda hard to find these in the 6 speed Manual. Not a fan of the white though...
    Last edited by BLKNYLW; 09-21-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Well tomorrow is the day that I finally pick up my long awaited dream car!

I ended up getting a 2011 CTS-V Sedan...Black Raven exterior, black interior, RECARO's, NAV, Pano Moonroof, Sapelle Wood Trim, Polished Wheels and NO license plate holes in the front(so hard to find anymore).

Oh and it's the 6 Speed Manual!!! Drove an auto and HATED it...

Will post up some pics over the weekend.

How about picking up a nice 2003-04 Mercury Marauder and putting a Trilogy supercharger on it? It won't break the bank, handles awesome, and has room for kids and a huge trunk. My buddy ( gpfarrell on here ) has one of the 328 in Pearl Blue Metallic and it is an awesome car. Low 13's on street tires @ 32psi with 3 car seats in the back.

You'd have less than $25k tied up in it, and the MMs hold their value pretty nicely.

Check out MercuryMarauder.net - there are always a few for sale.
    Ron,

Thanks for the kind words. I have to agree that the two cars aren't comparable in most people's minds. That's what makes my car so much fun... even most Ford Guys don't realize what an Eaton can do for a 4-door Mercury.

Trilogy no longer offers their Maruader kit, but very clean boosted cars occasionally change hands in the mid-to-high teens. I've never had any interest in making my 13.1 car any faster. To hit the 12.2-12.4 range of a CTS-V though, I'd need a smaller pulley, 4.10s, and drag radials. Oh, and a place to park the old Porsche I bought with the money I would have saved over the CTS-V.

But, if my wife said I could only have one car, I'd probably get a CTS-V... if I could find a 6-speed wagon!

BLKNYLW, Good luck with your enviable new ride!

I am jealous. Perfect dd.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

Very cool. I may have one myself in a year or two.
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

It's been about 5 months since I sold the 5.0 and i'm def. ready for the feeling of power again! I probably won't even be able to sleep tonight because all I will be doing is dreaming of the car all night long. Hopefully it fully lives up to my expectations. My wife is putting me on a 3 month MOD suspension so that will be another long wait!

Like I said AJ... "MOD suspension" can be interpreted two COMPLETELY different ways!!!

So go buy some lowering springs and struts!!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Lowering springs MAYBE...the front end on this thing is extremely low as it is. Struts no way!!! It has Magnetic Ride Suspension...I'm def. not messing with that!

Hahaha -you're not sleeping!! Guess what...I'm not either. I hit the road at 9am...up to Jerry Taylor Ford in Grove City...to place my order.

Sweet dreams!

Hahaha -you're not sleeping!! Guess what...I'm not either. I hit the road at 9am...up to Jerry Taylor Ford in Grove City...to place my order.

Sweet dreams!
    Congrats!
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

C'mon AJ...

Pics of this beast plz. Need more motivation to pick one up
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

Well here it is! It's dirty, I know...it will get cleaned up ASAP!!

BEFORE

AFTER

That's more like it AJ! Sweeeeeet!

Car is absolutely a blast to drive. The manual tranny is awesome as well! I can't even imagine the car any faster than it already is, but it will become even more of a beast in the spring!

How is the traction?

Pretty good the past couple days because it hasn't been that cold...I can't hit first or second too hard since the tires break loose really fast, but once it's warmer i'm sure it will hook alot better. The pull just feels ridiculously fast. Very happy so far!

Did you get to compare the recaros vs the regular seats? Just curious if I should hold out for the recaros if/when I'm in the market for a V.
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman701 View Post
    Did you get to compare the recaros vs the regular seats? Just curious if I should hold out for the recaros if/when I'm in the market for a V.

My mom actually had an 09 CTS4 with the regular seats and while they were nice, they just aren't enough support for the V in my opinion. They weren't bolstered enough or deep enough. The Recaro's are really nice and completely worth the extra premium you pay for them. The only reason that I wouldn't get them is if you're a really big guy...then i'd get the regular seats. Hope that helps!