Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 09+ CTS-V Questions

09+ CTS-V Questions

I wanted to know if anyone on here has an 09+ CTS-V or knows someone who has one? I'm going to be getting one as my new vehicle and I wasn't sure if any local places do work on them. Thanks!

2 friends have them.

One has a 2012 V Sedan and another just picked up a 2011 V Wagon. Both use Bowser for service. Not sure what you mean "work". If you mean performance work then I would let Jeff @ 1st-try work on it, he knows the LS better then most in the area.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Bowser on 51 in Pleasant Hills? I was talking about performance work...I'd do an upper pulley swap and wanted to know a trustworthy person for install in the area.

What and where would 1st be?

02 MG GT
    98 SVT Contour SF/MNB #2059
    93 Civic Hatch

Rob

Thanks!

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blknylw View Post
    i wanted to know if anyone on here has an 09+ cts-v or knows someone who has one? I'm going to be getting one as my new vehicle and i wasn't sure if any local places do work on them. Thanks!
    huh??
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    huh??
    Surprised?

The wife said I can no longer have 2 cars anymore, and I will not buy a 2013 GT500 and drive it in the snow. Just doesn't make sense, and the SHO doesn't come in a manual so CTS-V sedan it is. Best of both worlds being very versatile because I can roadcourse, drag, and daily drive with it. Plus it will fit some nice Recaro baby seats in the back :)

Going back to a GM is going to be weird for sure. Maybe she'll let me a get a Shelby in a few years if i'm lucky!

How about picking up a nice 2003-04 Mercury Marauder and putting a Trilogy supercharger on it? It won't break the bank, handles awesome, and has room for kids and a huge trunk. My buddy ( gpfarrell on here ) has one of the 328 in Pearl Blue Metallic and it is an awesome car. Low 13's on street tires @ 32psi with 3 car seats in the back.

You'd have less than $25k tied up in it, and the MMs hold their value pretty nicely.

Check out MercuryMarauder.net - there are always a few for sale.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Who the F cross shops a CTS-V with a Mercury Marauder? Not even in the same galaxy.

Seriously! C'mon Ron! I want something a little bit newer than an 03-04.

Sorry man - I figured dropping $20k or less on a car that won't depreciate much more instead of $50k+ on a new Caddy that will depreciate 40%+ in the next 4 years would save you cash in the short term and make it way easier to get into a Shelby 5 years down the road once your family has grown.

Make sure baby gear ( stroller, car-seat, etc ) will fit in a CTS-V before you pull the trigger. When the kids are under 20lbs they have to face rearward and those car seats take up a lot more room than you might think when they face that direction. Your front passenger may be up into the dashboard to have enough room in the back for the car seat.
    Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 09-18-2012 at 10:27 AM.

I appreciate the advice though! Just not my thing...

I plan on keeping the V for the long haul so depreciation isn't really a worry for me plus they hold value better than any other new Caddy.

Ehh we can use my wifes SUV for the kids in the beginning. I nice Recaro baby seat in the back will be a must have though. The back of the V is actually pretty roomy and the trunk is pretty decent sized too.

the CTS-V's are very roomy. It ain't a mustang.

Buying cars worrying about depreciation is silly.

Umm a mercury is NO WHERE NEAR a cts-v.. The cts-v is almost supercar status and barely breaking 13s with a blower? Cts-v with bolt-ons and ported snout with break into 10s and be worth ALOT more than any mercury... Your silly paxton lol

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    2 friends have them.

One has a 2012 V Sedan and another just picked up a 2011 V Wagon. Both use Bowser for service. Not sure what you mean "work". If you mean performance work then I would let Jeff @ 1st-try work on it, he knows the LS better then most in the area.
    What are the names of your friends? I might know them. I work at bowser caddy. We occasionally do performance work on V's

Quote Originally Posted by 97LaserRed View Post
    What are the names of your friends? I might know them. I work at bowser caddy. We occasionally do performance work on V's
    Well I'm quite sure you would know Vince R.

And my friend Chris P just bought a V wagon... it should be there for a TPMS fix today actually.

Last edited by SK360; 09-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    Umm a mercury is NO WHERE NEAR a cts-v.. The cts-v is almost supercar status and barely breaking 13s with a blower? Cts-v with bolt-ons and ported snout with break into 10s and be worth ALOT more than any mercury... Your silly paxton lol
    I'm not saying the MM is anywhere equal to a CTS-V - just offered a suggestion that a MM would be a good alternative to a CTS-V. No doubt, the CTS-V is a great car with nearly supercar performance. But we're talking about a vehicle that will be a daily driver. That much horsepower in cold / wet / snowy conditions will make things dicey at best. MMs / Crown Vics are tanks in the snow. When you have kids you have to think about safety more than anything.

In 5 years the CTS-V will be worth 1/2 of what it stickered for new. A nice MM might lose 10% from its current value. In this case it doesn't much matter because AJ plans to keep the car long-term. But if he'd tire of it after 5 years he has to be prepared to take it on the chin.

Since when is 13.1 @ 105 mph "barely breaking" into the 13's?

CTS-V's can already be had for almost 1/2 of new. Buying new is dumb :D

It is a heavy vehicle with advanced traction and stability controls, a good set of snow tires and it will be a god damned tank. My G8 GT was.

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Well I'm quite sure you would know Vince R.

And my friend Chris P just bought a V wagon... it should be there for a TPMS fix today actually.

o ya I know Vince. Lol. I miss seeing his sts-v. He got a good deal on his cts-v. Had a waterleak in the roof... 4 headliners were put in that car. GM bought it back and fixed it right instead of having a "waterleak guy" fix it lol.. he has a bad ass GTO also. He let me beat that one up and do a flyby for him haha. Everytime he comes in I get way off track b.s.ing with him.

Vince is a great guy. His GTO is a great sleeper. I installed the gauges for him (still haven't gotten together to finish the boost gauge install)

He found me the G8 at bowser I owned before the corvette and sent me up to Ron Mitko to buy it.