Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I traded my 2007 LS2 Corvette in for a 2013 LS3 Corvette!

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Trim level? lol

Are they zr1 side skirts made to fit a narrow body car?
    If these are for a narrow body car, I look forward to seeing how they look... I want to get some of them as well... I think they'd still fit fine with my widebody rear, but def need narrowbody ones bc of the front of my car... Plus I wanna know if they hang down further than bottom of the car... I can't afford to go any lower!
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

I think the car is a 1LT package and the ZR1 stuff is being custom made for me from an exsisting ZR1 kit and modified to fit my car.

We need to get a GM/Corvette section for the board with all of the GM guys on here now....lol
    Corvette Z06

Growing up.............Not everyone does it!

What'd they give for your ls2? Just sold my 06 GT and looking to move into a c6 myself. No Ls3 monies though :(

VORTECH V3Si | INTERCOOLED | LONGTUBES | X PIPE | EIBACH | CORSA | MGW | SCT | LUND | 442/403

Quote Originally Posted by RSbeast View Post
    What'd they give for your ls2? Just sold my 06 GT and looking to move into a c6 myself. No Ls3 monies though :(
    Right now you can get into a Vette pretty cheap because of winter.....the older LS2's...(2005 or so) with 50K+ miles can be had for low $20's.

You should have no problem getting an 06-07 LS2 with lower miles 30-40K for $25-26K

Mine was a 07 with 21K on it with a few small mods when I traded it in and they gave me more than what I posted above.....
    Corvette Z06

If you owned a previous corvette you could get a 2012 for $35k after all incentives... they are blowing them out.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I agree with the above... if you're interested, look around on CorvetteForum... there are some guys there that are only dreaming, but others that are reasonable... you can get some really nice cars for a really good price....

The other thing i like about that forum, is that most of the guys on there will modify their car, anywhere from mild to wild... so you can get already modified cars for maybe only slightly more than a stock one... and if all you're looking to do is bolt-ons, maybe even for the same price as a stock one...
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari

Just practically STOLE a new daily today; but even so it's going to cut into my fun budget. Torn on a c5z or a c6. Love the coupes but I bought a miata awhile back so I got my fix there

VORTECH V3Si | INTERCOOLED | LONGTUBES | X PIPE | EIBACH | CORSA | MGW | SCT | LUND | 442/403

Just practically STOLE a new daily today; but even so it's going to cut into my fun budget. Torn on a c5z or a c6. Love the coupes but I bought a miata awhile back so I got my fix there
    easy decision IMHO....

the interior fit and finish on the C6 is sooooooooo much better - and the performance of even a LS2 C6 ('05-'07) will be just as good as that of a C5Z... a few mods and its not even close....

C5Z's are awesome cars... but the C6 is the new generation and is better in every way... And the worst part is that some guys still think their C5's are worth big money......
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari

What did you get?
    Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    easy decision IMHO....

the interior fit and finish on the C6 is sooooooooo much better - and the performance of even a LS2 C6 ('05-'07) will be just as good as that of a C5Z... a few mods and its not even close....

C5Z's are awesome cars... but the C6 is the new generation and is better in every way... And the worst part is that some guys still think their C5's are worth big money......
    I agree, the interior of the C6 is miles ahead of the C5's.....Hell for that matter my 2013 interior has quite a few nice added touches over my 2007...lol
    Corvette Z06

.........but I bought a miata awhile back so I got my fix there
    Really?? No one is going to comment on this??
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    Really?? No one is going to comment on this??
    i really thought about it but chose not to
    6.4 litre fox and its all ford

Jeers all around lol. I freaking LOVE my miata. Straightline, no but give me some twistys and a warm day with the top down I'll drive it every time over my Mustang...actually I did and I sold it so...heh. Cheap simple fun.

As for DD, someone I knew was going to trade an SRT4 into the dealer for 3k because it wouldnt shift. I gave him $3800 and bled the clutch. Chock full of mods.
    Just need to off the old DD now. Ive always had turbo cars and for the $ I couldnt say no.

For the next play toy; I want a vette. Ive never driven a c6, but multiple c5s as I was going to get one in the past. My plan was to wait until the c7 drops then strike; but anymore I like having fun without having $25-30k tied up. Got new 5.0 $ for my 3v but the mustangs just aren't the same when it comes to a driver's car. I'm all about lightweight, rwd, irs and massive brakes. Oh, and open air. A coupe MIGHT put the miata up for sale but not a z06.

Jeers all around lol. I freaking LOVE my miata. Straightline, no but give me some twistys and a warm day with the top down I'll drive it every time over my Mustang...actually I did and I sold it so...heh. Cheap simple fun.

As for DD, someone I knew was going to trade an SRT4 into the dealer for 3k because it wouldnt shift. I gave him $3800 and bled the clutch. Chock full of mods.
    Just need to off the old DD now. Ive always had turbo cars and for the $ I couldnt say no.

For the next play toy; I want a vette. Ive never driven a c6, but multiple c5s as I was going to get one in the past. My plan was to wait until the c7 drops then strike; but anymore I like having fun without having $25-30k tied up. Got new 5.0 $ for my 3v but the mustangs just aren't the same when it comes to a driver's car. I'm all about lightweight, rwd, irs and massive brakes. Oh, and open air. A coupe MIGHT put the miata up for sale but not a z06.
    when the C7's hit the C6's will definitely drop in price.... initially, there will be a decent flood of the market, but once the 2015's are released, and GM has fixed whatever issues they have in the 2014, the flood gates will open... C6's will be dirt cheap....

Though, if you like verts - in NYC (if its not flooded) there's a Black '05 vert, loaded with Nav and all, 60K miles, listed at $23K.... great price if you ask me...
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    Though, if you like verts - in NYC (if its not flooded) there's a Black '05 vert, loaded with Nav and all, 60K miles, listed at $23K.... great price if you ask me...
    Or buy it next summer with a "professionally detailed interior and many new parts" for $18K.....but be sure to check the carfax!
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

That is cheap. Id much perfer a coupe than a vert if a car is available with a removable roof. Still a SMOKIN deal as vert vettes pull $$

That is cheap. Id much perfer a coupe than a vert if a car is available with a removable roof. Still a SMOKIN deal as vert vettes pull $$
    Yes, verts are usually pretty pricey... I prefer coupes as well (as you might guess) and they can be gotten for a steal all over the place
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari

I ordered up some ZR1 front sway bars & Z06 rear sway bars, that seems to be the hot ticket in the Vette world so I got them on the way. I may order some Z06 shocks soon....still debating!
    Corvette Z06

do the z06 shocks run more than konis?
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

Z06 shocks are pretty cheap....$250+ shipping

Not sure what the konis run but I'm sure there a good bit more.
    Corvette Z06