Thread: Question on Saleen Service

Question on Saleen Service

Hey guys

I just bought a 2004 Saleen SC vert with 15K miles. The car is in awesome condition. It came with a different pulley, fuel pump and Pypes xpipe. I want to put the car back to stock condition, with the exception of the fuel pump. I have all of the original parts. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Pittsburgh area that specializes in Saleens? I think the car was also re-tuned with an SCT Tuner so if it was changed I need to have it switched back to the Saleen tune as well.

Thanks

Sean

I am not really familiar with the saleens but there shouldn't be any reason to be specialized in Saleens to work on them. They should just be a 4.6 motor with a saleen supercharger, tune, cai and couple other things. But you would want somebody that is familar with mustangs, mod motors and SCT software....our site sponser/administrator Mike from Wolfpack is a great guy. Give him a shout. He is located right outside of Pittsburgh.
    http://www.fquick.com/celeste

1989 Mustang GT 663 RWHP
    MM&FF May 2010 Cover/Feature Car AND 5.0 Magazine Oct. 2011 Feature Car
    1991 Strawberry Notch
    2003 Cobra White with Parchment inserts (1 of 170)
    1992 Calypso LX
    2008 Roush Blackjack #30 of 100

MM&FF Article
    http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co..._gt/index.html
    5.0 Article
    http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...ble/index.html

x2 on Mike, great guy
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    -Recaros, Torsen #0054
    -Ford Boss Springs, BMR Upper/Lower Control Arms, Panhard Bar
    -LED Interior Lights, 15% Tint, Carbon Fiber this and that.
    -JLT, Lund nGauge
    2016 Ford Focus ST - Kona Blue - DD
    -ST3, Recaros, Nav, Roof etc
    -Springs, Tint, Mountune Intake

1983 Black GT Hatch 5.0 - Sold
    2011 Sterling Gray GT - Sold
    2010 Candy Red Metallic GT - Sold
    2004 Competition Orange Mach 1 - Sold
    2000 Silver GT - Sold
    1969 Candy Apple Red Mustang Coupe - Sold

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Agreed that Mike runs a great shop. In case you don't already know, he also owns and runs this website. I'm not sure why you would want the original Saleen tune in the car unless you are having drivability issues with the current tune. I have heard that JDM Engineering specializes in tuning Saleens, but I have not dealt with them in the past.

Mustangs are the feature car at this year's Pgh Vintage Grand Prix ( July 20 & 21 in Schenley Park ). We already have several Saleens registered, including the first ( serial # 001 ) 2013 S351 that is owned by friends - and Big time Saleen enthusiasts - of mine. Come on down to the PVGP. I promise you will have a great time.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Thanks for all of the info. I am going to be out of town during the show-poor vacation planning

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Agreed that Mike runs a great shop. In case you don't already know, he also owns and runs this website. I'm not sure why you would want the original Saleen tune in the car unless you are having drivability issues with the current tune. I have heard that JDM Engineering specializes in tuning Saleens, but I have not dealt with them in the past.

Mustangs are the feature car at this year's Pgh Vintage Grand Prix ( July 20 & 21 in Schenley Park ). We already have several Saleens registered, including the first ( serial # 001 ) 2013 S351 that is owned by friends - and Big time Saleen enthusiasts - of mine. Come on down to the PVGP. I promise you will have a great time.

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    OOOO let me know if you wanna trade for a Terminator...
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

I'll let you know if I come across anyone as I'm looking for someone knowledgeable also.
    00-775 S/C Saleen mats 200mph speedo wheel option speedster SLP headers and full exhaust Accufab 65mm TB CAI K&N Sequential turn signals Custom Saleen trunk lid panel

13.47 @ 102.5 with 1.88 60' street tires

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    My friends are Saleen gurus. They are actually very close to Steve Saleen and his family. They know just about everything about Saleens, and they're good people. If you come to the PVGP this year they will be there. If you can't make it and still want to get in touch with them send me your contact info and I will have them contact you.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    I want an S281 S/C vert like it ain't no thang!
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Pictures of the Saleen!
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

X57261 Get with Mike @ Wolfpack Speed and he will get you taken car of.
    Corvette Z06

Growing up.............Not everyone does it!