Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette Z06 Dyno Tune

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    That's quite a beast you have there...

Yeah.........I know.........."That's what she said!!!"
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    That's quite a beast you have there...

Yeah.........I know.........."That's what she said!!!"
    High five!

Enjoy rob, even stopping short those are nice numbers

And stock #'s compared to now.....116 rwhp improvement!

Corvette Z06

Growing up.............Not everyone does it!

Very nice! I'll bet that thing is a handful on the street.

nice numbers rob , will you need more fuel pump too ?
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

congrats!

I'd love to see how it stacks up against your brother's car.......................
    2015 Corvette Z06
    - Shark Grey / Kalahari
    - bolt-ons, tune, lots of carbon fiber (642/671 rwhp/tq)

Not Bad for 367 SAE RWHP Pure Stock's Avatar
    What MPH range do you expect out of it now at say PRP on a "decent day" D/A wise for that track?
    2011 Mustang GT, MT-82, 3.73's :

BONE STOCK 12.223@115.18

Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Very nice! I'll bet that thing is a handful on the street.
    Yeah I was out crusing in it today and it is an absolute handful on the street! Even at 65-70mph if I hammer it, it will get all over the place! Its a blast to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahloh95 View Post
    nice numbers rob , will you need more fuel pump too ?
    Were gonna wire up the fuel pump to get more voltage to increase the pressure some just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    congrats!

I'd love to see how it stacks up against your brother's car.......................
    If he would have left it modded as it was last year it would have been a pretty good race but he just completely re-did the whole car, engine, turbos, fuel system, trans, clutch, etc... as he blew it up at the end of last year and the engine needed re-done so he re-did everything....it should be making 900+ HP at the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Stock View Post
    What MPH range do you expect out of it now at say PRP on a "decent day" D/A wise for that track?
    Im not really sure, Im guessing it will go 137-139 and maybe on perfect days with really good DA it may eclipse 140.

The goal for the car is 9 sec. e.t. and 140 trap.....Its probably gonna take a tone of work, testing, and a boatload of passes to get it there but i'll keep pressing till I get it there. Once I hit those goals I may throw a 150-200 shot on it and go for broke but thats atleast a year away....just gonna focus on dialing in the current combo.
    Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by gmkillr View Post
    Im not really sure, Im guessing it will go 137-139 and maybe on perfect days with really good DA it may eclipse 140.

The goal for the car is 9 sec. e.t. and 140 trap.....Its probably gonna take a tone of work, testing, and a boatload of passes to get it there but i'll keep pressing till I get it there. Once I hit those goals I may throw a 150-200 shot on it and go for broke but thats atleast a year away....just gonna focus on dialing in the current combo.
    See some quicker N/A combos swap out the 3.42's for 4.10's.

BONE STOCK 12.223@115.18

Do the Z's have upgraded half shafts? That seems like serious power to push thru an IRS on a street car.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Lots of power for 427ci.
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

See some quicker N/A combos swap out the 3.42's for 4.10's.
    They don't make gears for the Z06's so you have to swap out the Z06 rear for a base Vette rear and have it machined to fit the Z06 trans, etc which end up being a $4k+ ordeal just to get gears or believe me I would of had a set of gears awhile ago if it was as easy as just buying gears and installing them. Another downfall to swapping to a base Vette rear-end to do gears is that the case is much weaker than the Z06 case so your losing out there....

I for one cant believe that not one gear manufacturer didn't step up to the plate and make at-least 2-3 seats of gears for the Z06. I bet they would sell like hotcakes!

Do the Z's have upgraded half shafts? That seems like serious power to push thru an IRS on a street car.
    No the half-shafts are the same on all Corvettes but I broke one last year and upgraded both of them. I "should" be good to go now but I didnt buy too strong of half-shafts cause if they don't give then either the rear-end or trans is gonna have to give out and they are both very expensive to fix and very time consuming. Half-shafts are pretty cheap and I can swap both of them out in about an hour. Id much rather have them as my "fuse" per say.
    Corvette Z06

Sounds like a good plan there. Right now, the "fuse" in my '66 is the T-5...

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    Lots of power for 427ci.
    Yeah im hoping to squeeze a little more out of her once I get enough injector in the car and do a little wiring upgrade to the fuel pump.

Should be able to eclipse damn close to 600 rwhp.
    Corvette Z06

Corvette Z06

Sounds amazing - no sleeper there!!

Nice numbers for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by gmkillr View Post
    I for one cant believe that not one gear manufacturer didn't step up to the plate and make at-least 2-3 seats of gears for the Z06. I bet they would sell like hotcakes!
    I'm just amazed by this. Simply did not know ... is it based off some euro housing or something that makes it unique?

Right now, the "fuse" in my '66 is the T-5...
    Eh, I light the fuse every time I pull into the beams ... Hoping the new upgrades make it longer.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Quote Originally Posted by Martin0660 View Post
    Eh, I light the fuse every time I pull into the beams ... Hoping the new upgrades make it longer.
    Less static pressure and a higher coefficient of friction does wonders for longevity. And so do off idle launches, i mean, I'm just sayin.
    Last edited by Pure Stock; 03-10-2014 at 01:32 AM.

BONE STOCK 12.223@115.18

Less static pressure and a higher coefficient of friction does wonders for longevity. And so do off idle launches, i mean, I'm just sayin.
    It's coming down to that sooner than later .... the problem is, then you got yourself a racecar ;) I'll leave the off idle stuff for Troy, his shit lasts forever in the garage ....
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Sounds amazing - no sleeper there!!
    LOl....very true but I think I gave up the sleeper option the day I bought it......Bright yellow Z06......Hahahahaa

Nice numbers for sure!

I'm just amazed by this. Simply did not know ... is it based off some euro housing or something that makes it unique?

Thanks Bob! Im not really sure why nobody makes gears for it? Ive searched thru the Vette forums and cant find any real solid info on why they dont.

It's coming down to that sooner than later .... the problem is, then you got yourself a racecar ;) I'll leave the off idle stuff for Troy, his shit lasts forever in the garage ....
    I bet Troys 95 GT would be much slower going down the track today with a 5" layer of dust and cobwebs on it!
    Corvette Z06