Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Corvette Z06 Dyno Tune

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5ws6 View Post
    http://www.rpmtransmission.mobi/differentials.html

here is a link to the damn page.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1585...-post1639.html

Sorry to be a bit of a wise ass but I know my vette parts. ... no, I'm not sorry.. I'm envious, I'd love to have a c6z.

that's a link to the guy who is fastest bolt ons z06 running an RPM 4:10's rear end.
    wow that's a badass vette

Quote Originally Posted by Cam99 View Post
    wow that's a badass vette
    That it is... looks retarded with big and littles though

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    That it is... looks retarded with big and littles though
    Not to me it doesn't

Must agree with Speed Racer on that one.

So they make it.. it's stronger than a C6z diff case you just don't want to spend the money...

you don't just "insert hick voice" toss dem geerz in like an ole mufftang. the rear ends have to be professional setup it even takes the pros 4-5 tries on the bench to get them right.

the bottom line is "nobody makes gears for my car" is bullshit. also an upgraded LSD will be needed if you plan to do much drag racing at the 600 rwhp power level. and if you want to add a 200 shot. you might as well get a dedicated drag car to drag race because your going to blow the clutch, rear end or trans in the c6z now if it's a few passes here and there, that's one thing, but if your chasing a time slip that's another.

Speedracer, do you ahve flashbacks every time you see a yellow C6z of that poor guy that about died on route 50?

If by "they make gears for the C6Z" you mean "you can take a different rearend and have custom machining done to it to work with the Z after a few thousand dollars" then I guess I agree with you.....they do make gears for it....lol

Either way the car is a street car that wears many different hats...I cruise it on the streets with my son, take it to the drags, take it to autocross, take it to cruis -ins and I think it does each of these pretty well so im not going to sacrifice its tameness on the street for a few tenths in the 1/4 or anything else.

Car should go bottom 10's without a ton of work, probably gonna need a good bit of seat time to pull off a 9.....time will tell!
    Corvette Z06

Growing up.............Not everyone does it!

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Fn fast car right there. Sounds great too.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5ws6 View Post
    Must agree with Speed Racer on that one.
    I was going to go further in detail about that "look" but Ill reserve my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecw6
    Speedracer, do you ahve flashbacks every time you see a yellow C6z of that poor guy that about died on route 50?
    I do... Levi wasn't even leaning on him that hard, I'm sure he needed a change of unergutchies

Not to me it doesn't
    Because retard?

563199_10152154270595250_1296505730_n.jpg

You guys arent fans of the big & little look on the Vettes? I'll admit im not a fan of the look of the one posted in the video above but with certain wheels it looks good like the one I posted above.
    Corvette Z06

Growing up.............Not everyone does it!

Eh... only slightly better
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gmkillr View Post
    563199_10152154270595250_1296505730_n.jpg

You guys arent fans of the big & little look on the Vettes? I'll admit im not a fan of the look of the one posted in the video above but with certain wheels it looks good like the one I posted above.
    They dont believe that cars that have good handling should also be enjoyed in a quarter mile drag race, because somehow thats a waste of the car. Bat shit crazy if you ask me

That's crazy...a vette is built for the turns but can make a lot of noise at the strip as well...we change tires for every aspect of driving...I'm getting a terminator and will enjoy it on strip,roadcourse,and the street...

They dont believe that cars that have good handling should also be enjoyed in a quarter mile drag race, because somehow thats a waste of the car. Bat shit crazy if you ask me
    I completely understand having them on at the drag strip (driving to and from also) but driving around all the time on them all the time... and my opinion on how they look hasn't changed.

Not bigs/littles but still silly, mainly because its a 28" tire (swapping to a 26 this year)

2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Steve had huge rear tires like that on his C5... he can chime in on how bad the handling was

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Steve had huge rear tires like that on his C5... he can chime in on how bad the handling was
    Oh it's not good. I drove to the Waynesburg FLD's on them once... hated it. After that I figured out how to stuff all this shit in the hatch.

Should be a bit easier this year with the smaller tires.

I hate hauling that much crap around... So I just deal with the sucky handling when I decide to go drag racing. I about crashed on Rt30 trying to keep up with my friends GTR last fall.

would you pick up e.t. if you went to a 26??

Quote Originally Posted by angel50 View Post
    would you pick up e.t. if you went to a 26??
    Depends. I ran an 11.92 on my 28's last year followed by a 11.88 the next pass on a borrowed set of 26's. The 26's were Z06 fitment and too big for what I need they were 3xx wide, I think 305. I am going to run a 275/40/17 this year. They should be a bit better due to less mass.

The 28's bought me enough gear that I didn't have to hit 4th at the end of the track, I can do it on the 26's as well but then I'm pulling to damn near 7k just to avoid that shift. I will play around with it at a track rental at Quaker in June and see what nets me the best ET's... either letting it shift to 4th or winding out 3rd.

I haven't been to Quaker since 1999 in my 93 gt...nice track...you might as well just tub your vette...lol