Thread: what to look for

Post what to look for

Okay, I got most parts for a build I been planning on for a while now. I have always loved the bullet car from back in the day and always wanted to do a pro touring car. And once this new coyote motor came out I really started calculating. Ended up getting a coyote motor and a t-56 so now on to the next stage. Finding a nice car. I am going to start looking for rollers but if nothing I'm going to probably break some people's hearts and buy a nice running one and rip it apart to put in the coyote/6spd.My question. What are the main things to look for? Special areas that usually need most attention? Where are the areas prone to rot? Anything else I should consider?Also where is a good place to find nice parts? Cj pony parts?

CJ's is awesome....give Bill a call. I'm sure he can help answer any questions
    XXX RWHP
    XXX RWTQ

But only if I let Kenne scream at ya. LOL

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I share the love for the early Bullitt look. Floors, quarter panels, torque boxes, front and rear frame rail extensions are the areas you want to be solid. Definitely start with a solid car and if it was previously repaired, make sure it was well done. It is well worth the extra money you will pay. Global West makes great suspension parts and I highly recommend their subframe connectors. Also - check out vintage-mustang.com for lots of advice and folks who have done all this before.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

So this is back on the table as most the big money is already spent on the camaro and only got a few grand left to spend on it so I was thinking of getting started on this project. I am going to be starting from scratch as I sold the drivetrain I had for an investment property. So thinking of a 60s fast back with maybe a teeny swap in it.

Where good place to find some nice start cars besides Craig's list?

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Did you mean Termy swap? I hate autocorrect...

Here's a roller that has had a lot of work done already...rust repair & panel replacement...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4808653079.html
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Colorado is a good place to find cars, especially around Denver. Things don't rust there. Cruise CL there and you'll see what I mean!

I always have a similar plan in the back of my mind too. Would love to have maybe a 65-69 pro touring mustang. Came across this chassis this week which would be bad ass under an old school mustang... http://www.schwartzperformance.com/1...is-full-frame/. Our you could just buy this one that's already done... http://m.ebay.com/itm/141525422159?_mwBanner=1. Personally I would change some of the aesthetics but overall a sweet car
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

I have actually already looked at a few protouring cars already done and while they are nice and mostly worth the money I don't think I wanna go that route. I really think I wanna do this one myself. There was always something I didn't like about each of the cars and for the money I didn't wanna buy something then have to 're do it so might as well do it the way I like. as I have looked at Dodge, GM and Ford cars

Some things I know I DO NOT want.
    - Gms
    - auto
    - 4 doors
    - truck
    - heavy

I know mustangs alil more than mopar even though I own two mopars so that's why I'm leaning towards a mustang.

That's definitely a nice full setup ready to go. My package came in around 25k which isn't too bad for a put your body on and go setup, but again I think I wanna do it in stages. Maybe a 5 year plan to keep me preoccupied

This is something I would like mine to be modeled off of. It's not flashy but it grabs your attention

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    Here is my 65 . My dad brought it home when I was 12 . We recently restored it . I want to repaint it black soon.

Pic coming

needs some new wheels also, gotta get rid of the old schools on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yea I love that color.

good lookin' ride toofast... if you want to dump those cragars when you change wheels, let me know. i have a friend who was looking for a set a while back.

Thanks . I bet those wheels are 20 + years old and have under 5k on them lol