Thread: Finding a nice fox body.

Finding a nice fox body.

Is it possible to find a fox body, five liter, 5 speed for $4000. Been looking and some look like a pack of dogs lived in them and chewed up the interior pieces then after the animal control officer killed the dogs someone took the car to a demo derby.

Zoom50
    Quote Originally Posted by jclose11 View Post
    Is it possible to find a fox body, five liter, 5 speed for $4000. Been looking and some look like a pack of dogs lived in them and chewed up the interior pieces then after the animal control officer killed the dogs someone took the car to a demo derby.
    I searched for about a year and finally found a nice fox in Akron with a horrific paint job. It had a 306 crate with <4k miles on it and some decent mods. It is amazing how nice some of these look online and then when you drive hours to go see it with cash in hand it is a POS. You should be able to find a nice fox with good bones, decent interior, and good motor for that price. I would sacrifice on the paint job and save to get that done at a later date (that is what I did). Here is a search engine that searches all Craigslist ads within X miles from your zip. This is easier than switching between akron, Morgantown, Pittsburgh, etc.. http://www.searchtempest.com/

I'd go South. There's no reasonable cure for rust and any Fox-body aside from a garage queen could have rust issues if it's been a Pittsburgh car since new. Bad paint can be painted, and bad engines replaced, but rust is rust.

It takes much less time and money to go South and get a car than it does to fix rust.

Oh, my '85 came from Charlotte, NC.

i have one pm sent
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

I can say that I looked like what felt like an eternity locally and found nothing. I didn't go to far south - just a bit past Baltimore. What a difference in condition of vehicles down there. Maybe I just lucked out - not sure but found a 93 that I didn't even need to put pb blaster on the bolts to get the seat bolts out. Price-wise - that's up for discussion.

I looked for a coupe for a couple years and ended up finding one local for 5k. Nice paint & interior and stock motor w/cam and 3:55's. Almost all comparable coupes I looked at were 8K -12K. Patience is definitely a virtue when looking for a Fox, and especially a coupe.

I'm surprised the car in the pic above lasted as long as it did on Craigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom50 View Post
    Oh my eyes.... another example of "just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD"
    I'd normally say kill it with fire, but the body looks pretty good.
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

Zoom50
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraII View Post
    Oh my eyes.... another example of "just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD"
    I'd normally say kill it with fire, but the body looks pretty good.
    Was that ever cool? What a waste!

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Holy F'n crap - WTF was that guy thinking?!?!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands