Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN: SCS Members

And for those of you who don't know I put this site back together in 2006 when the server plug got pulled on Lou with no backup.
    Then a few years later Lou was given a few days notice that he was losing space on the old modular fords server. I moved the site to my old server keeping the lights on until Mike took over two years ago.
    2016 Mustang GT

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I didn't know that Jeff. Sending you a very late "Thank you!"
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Modular Ford Performance Wolfpack Speed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    I didn't know that Jeff. Sending you a very late "Thank you!"
    Jeff is a good dude, he did a good job and helped me out a bunch! He also knows what the fastest color is!
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Sounds like it would be a good idea to knock down the server to keep costs such that the site could be fully or partially group funded.
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Jeff took me for my first ride in a Fox-5.0. Sideways on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts...good time!!! The rest is history!! Another late "Thanks!!" Jeff!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

I really hope we all can come together and keep this forum alive!! It along with FB and youtube are really some of the only sites I go on. I'm down to donate some loot too! I have met n made some great friends on here and purchased ALOT of my Stangs parts from here!
    My full name is Brent Bubash on Facebook so whoever wants to, can friend me. I am a Admin/Co-Founder of Allsquad a Secret group that my one great friend helped start up for the heck of it. He didn't care if it was me, my dad, uncle and him when we first started it. Now we've grown and also have a Open ALLSQUAD Classifieds group to keep For Sale and Trade stuff off the Main wall. We also just recently had a member start up a Allsquad Erie Chapter too. Again hopefully we all can keep in touch and keep the local and International underground forum Car Scene alive and thrivin!!
    Last edited by AdamantiumSilvr; 12-09-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

Quote Originally Posted by burntire View Post
    $1620.00 per year. Seriously?
    I admin a vbulletin site with over 1400 members and over 600 users login per day and we do not pay anywhere near that with servint.
    This site does not have the traffic to justify the Ultimate VPS cost. This site will run fine on the $55 plan as long as the server is optimized for vbulletin.
    Downgrade the server and I will gladly help get it optimized.
    So if this is true it sounds like we've got enough people to keep this thing afloat for at least another year. At $55/month we'd only need $660/year. At last count in this thread we had 23 people willing to donate at least $25. You can add me and a couple more to the list and we'd have the $660 we need. What can we do to make this happen in the next few weeks?

I'm similar to what a lot of people in this thread stated, I get on the site almost every day, and usually multiple times per day during the week but I don't post all that much. I'd really hate to see it go and I'd be willing to help however I can to keep it around
    Last edited by Stangman701; 12-09-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

If we're able to keep things afloat in the short term by a few of us kicking in a little $, how about giving this a shot... We have 1400+ "members". If 25% of them are remotely active that's about 350 members. At $5 a year that's more than enough to keep things going. Even if only 10% of the 1400 stick around that's enough to cover the downgraded hosting fee. New folks could get a 30 day trial for free and then join for the $5 per year. Just brainstorming here. I know it is easy for me to sit back and throw out ideas...I don't know how it all works behind the scenes. Just trying to help. Seems like several of us are willing to contribute to keep things afloat in the short term...so it stands to reason that many more would be willing to pay a very small membership fee.

Let's keep the dialogue going here guys - it can't hurt!

4 guys said 50 bux. so we should be very close.....

Put me down for 50

I've already donated to the site. I'm sure a few others have as well. If you guys figure out a plan I may donate again, but at the moment I'm pretty neutral on the situation.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    Jeff took me for my first ride in a Fox-5.0. Sideways on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts...good time!!! The rest is history!! Another late "Thanks!!" Jeff!
    Are you saying I was burning tire?
    2016 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Steel City View Post
    Jeff is a good dude, he did a good job and helped me out a bunch! He also knows what the fastest color is!
    Just keep the site and downgrade the server. There are donation scripts that can change usergroups to something like SCS Supporter etc. Looks like you have the donations to keep the lights on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Mustang GT

Just a thought.............maybe Mike wants out of the website business. I modded for a long time on a very active message board and it just got to be a bother. Maybe it's for sale because he does not want to own it anymore, regardless of its cost.

Again.............just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Modular Ford Performance Wolfpack Speed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    Just a thought.............maybe Mike wants out of the website business. I modded for a long time on a very active message board and it just got to be a bother. Maybe it's for sale because he does not want to own it anymore, regardless of its cost.

Again.............just a thought.
    You are 100% correct! Bingo, we have a winner!!!!

Sorry, don't have time to elaborate or comment on the other posts right now....
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

Yeah I assumed that was made clear many pages ago
    Dennis
    2006 GTO
    Gone but not forgotten

2015 SHO
    Mostly stock

2014 Cruze
    Living the MPG life

We just need someone who is able to take over. I think there is enough guys with money in here that could take care of the cost. I'd be willing to go up to $100 if others match that.
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Quote Originally Posted by 95V6 View Post
    We just need someone who is able to take over. I think there is enough guys with money in here that could take care of the cost. I'd be willing to go up to $100 if others match that.
    No Mike has the site for sale. Not sure what the price is?
    2016 Mustang GT

Yes, he sells the site. We take over financially but someone or others need to run it. I know nothing about running a forum. I'd just be a silent investor. lol
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Price I saw posted here was $2500. And after reading this, I'm guessing that no sponsors signed up again the SCS account is empty......if that is true I don't see this site being worth the asking price
    XXX RWHP
    XXX RWTQ

But only if I let Kenne scream at ya. LOL