Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN: SCS Members

Sonofabish and I talked about this on the bus today, we decided we would throw in $0.25/e to the cause.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    I think it would be worth a look for the domain and dropping the size of the bandwidth due to low traffic, but hard to take on the risk knowing the state of forums anymore.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Formerly 2011 GB/CS & CST 03 03 OW SVT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Sonofabish and I talked about this on the bus today, we decided we would throw in $0.25/e to the cause.
    You always have such nice things to say. Haha.
    Last edited by 03 OW SVT; 12-10-2014 at 04:24 AM.
    17 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi
    16 Comp O GT Performance Pack
    03 Oxford white Cobra (Gone but not forgotten)

Stocker Chevrolet Subaru mr4teth's Avatar
    Put me down as a donator .. ($50 or more if everyone else steps up!!)
    2007 GT500 with a few go fast parts
    PICS & Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    ...... GT500 is the most over-rated car ever made

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Mike,

If Dec 31 comes and goes and the site is not sold, would you ever receive any money?

Meaning, if it doesn't sell, maybe you would be willing to turn it over to the members?
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

So in other words, directly proportionate to the worth of your posts.
    -JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    So in other words, directly proportionate to the worth of your posts.
    Pretty much. If posts have a monetary value now then why pay on top of that? ... so I'm double contributing.

Pretty much. If posts have a monetary value now then why pay on top of that? ... so I'm double contributing.

true true
    -JOHN

Modular Ford Performance Wolfpack Speed's Avatar
    I purchased this forum because I have a lot of friends and customers on here and figured it was the least I could do to show my appreciation for all the business and support I have received over the years. I looked at it like this, if it keeps the forum around for a few more years or longer, great! If not, well, at least I tried and hopefully some will recognize and appreciate that.

$2500.00 for the forum
    $259.00 for the vBulletin license
    $500.00 for outside services
    $1000.00 for t-shirts & stickers

...and then some. Since then, 2 members have clicked the "Donate" tab to help out, KeystoneJohnny & 1320goat, and if I collected $150.00 in merchandise sales I'm lucky. The icing on the cake for me was the lack of interest I received over the last year when I reached out to so many of you looking for members to help run the forum and organize, promote and execute the missing events & activites we have desperately needed.

So my question to all of you is this, where was all this support and interest for SCS over the last 2 years???

I have invested all the time and money into SCS that I am willing to, I'm done. I do not have the time or interest to contribute to forums, let alone own, maintain or grow one at this point. The real problem isn't the lack of advertising, server fee etc., it's a lack of interest and support from our members. I think it's great that a small number of you appreciate the forum and want to see it stick around, my suggestion to those who do is to find a way to purchase the forum from me ASAP.

Mike
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

Quote Originally Posted by Steel City View Post
    I purchased this forum because I have a lot of friends and customers on here and figured it was the least I could do to show my appreciation for all the business and support I have received over the years.... $2500.00 for the forum

...and then some.

So my question to all of you is this, where was all this support and interest for SCS over the last 2 years???

I have invested all the time and money into SCS that I am willing to, I'm done.

Mike
    Where was my support an interest in the past? Well, as you said above, you purchased it to show appreciation to lots of your friends and customers. I'm not a frequent flyer here, but I check in a few times a week. I've never seen you mention before that the site was such a burden or a financial drag. How much many you made was none of my business. Last week you spoke up that it wasn't working for you. When you did, I responded and so did many others. Lots of folks clearly do appreciate you and the website, but I"m not sure that a week ago anybody was thinking of buying a forum. Now that you've explained how miserable it is, I'm not sure anybody will (but kudos to you for offering a fair description of the work and expense involved.) Nevertheless, there's a swell of support here that's offering a path forward. I hope you're remembered as the guy that was the caretaker for SCS before it evolved into something else and not the guy that let it die.

I think that while it is great that people want to keep the site alive, and I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on here, it is a bit unrealistic to try to keep a website alive that only has 40 or so active members.

Just a little 500 whp V6

I started a facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1519659448296434
    Another option for everyone would be for us to move to another forum that has a regional forum like this. I know a few members here are members over there.
    http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/northeast/
    Just trying to throw out some ideas because it doesn't look like this is going anywhere and we only have a few weeks. If the forum is shutdown all of the content on here is lost forever correct?

I purchased this forum because I have a lot of friends and customers on here and figured it was the least I could do to show my appreciation for all the business and support I have received over the years. I looked at it like this, if it keeps the forum around for a few more years or longer, great! If not, well, at least I tried and hopefully some will recognize and appreciate that.

$2500.00 for the forum

...and then some. Since then, 2 members have clicked the "Donate" tab to help out, KeystoneJohnny & 1320goat, and if I collected $150.00 in merchandise sales I'm lucky. The icing on the cake for me was the lack of interest I received over the last year when I reached out to so many of you looking for members to help run the forum and organize, promote and execute the missing events & activites we have desperately needed.

I have invested all the time and money into SCS that I am willing to, I'm done. I do not have the time or interest to contribute to forums, let alone own, maintain or grow one at this point. The real problem isn't the lack of advertising, server fee etc., it's a lack of interest and support from our members. I think it's great that a small number of you appreciate the forum and want to see it stick around, my suggestion to those who do is to find a way to purchase the forum from me ASAP.

Mike

So it didn't make the money you expected and you can't get advertisers to pay you correct?

sorry but how I see it is you put very little effort into promoting this site.....some shirts and stickers is a joke. You asked for help and several people spoke up including myself yet you didn't follow through with any offers. You own a shop yet no posts of your builds just pics of customer cars with very little info if any.....hell you post more on FB. So other than buying it and throwing some money into shirts and stickers(ms hires don't cost much to get made), what have you done to promote it?
    XXX RWHP
    XXX RWTQ

But only if I let Kenne scream at ya. LOL

Modular Ford Performance Wolfpack Speed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no1sirbutler View Post
    So it didn't make the money you expected and you can't get advertisers to pay you correct?

sorry but how I see it is you put very little effort into promoting this site.....some shirts and stickers is a joke. You asked for help and several people spoke up including myself yet you didn't follow through with any offers. You own a shop yet no posts of your builds just pics of customer cars with very little info if any.....hell you post more on FB. So other than buying it and throwing some money into shirts and stickers(ms hires don't cost much to get made), what have you done to promote it?
    Hands down the most ignorant post in this thread, enough said.
    Wolfpack Speed, Inc.
    4290 Campbells Run Rd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205
    (412) 279-4902

Hands down the most ignorant post in this thread, enough said.
    Sounds like I hit a nerve
    XXX RWHP
    XXX RWTQ

But only if I let Kenne scream at ya. LOL

Shit I'm out of popcorn. Off to the dollar general.

Shit I'm out of popcorn. Off to the dollar general.
    cheap bastard

Mike, I think most of us appreciate you saving the site and buying it off Lou. I wish now that we could of had a heads up earlier to try to save it again. I get you want out, I don't blame you. I've seen your shop in the summer with cars lined up to get work done.

Im sad to see the site go, I really have. I wish I could have done something to help out. I don't know jack about running a site.
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Hope the site stays up....
    Last edited by Maxpowers; 12-11-2014 at 12:40 AM.

'70 F100
    '13 Focus ST3 - the DD
    '12 FZ1
    '11 GT500

Is anyone even in talks with Mike or even remotely interested?
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L