Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio controlled toys.

That's neat!! Is it an actual plane or a simulator?
    As I recall, you're a pilot, right? For a big airline I think?
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    That's neat!! Is it an actual plane or a simulator?
    As I recall, you're a pilot, right? For a big airline I think?
    Real deal. Airbus 321.
    2016 Mustang GT

72 here in Phoenix
    2016 Mustang GT

I have a few toys and also use to race electric RC10t and the gas RC10GT. Was big into R/C pulling trucks and was sponsored so I had to stop racing at the time.

Now I just build some crazy crap to have fun. Have a losi LST with full titanium hopups, flex teck arms, castle creation brushless motor and the list goes on. Only issue with it is that it busts diff cups almost everytime I have it out.

Second crazy build is a twin .21 engine dominator truck with LST suspension and ofna titan wheels. Its a bit custom to say the least. That thing is a freak! I had some one tell me it was the only scale moster truck that ran like a real one. It will back flip without moving a foot if you smash the throttle.

Didn't you get a few from me Glenn? Many years ago.
    I would be pretty nervous with a $10k plane too!! I watched a few crash on the auction hunter shows! Disaster!

Yes I did. We had a blast with the one truck.

Quote Originally Posted by burntire View Post
    72 here in Phoenix
    You suck. ;)
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Quote Originally Posted by u1arunit View Post
    You suck. ;)
    I was thinking the same thing when I read that as I was shivering in my office.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when I read that as I was shivering in my office.
    ...:D...
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Here's my 5b. Took the wing off the back. Left my company phone, a Samsung, for size comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12

The trains...on the platform is an old Lionel set. Two steamers. One is real old and the other is newer. Old one is great, newer one is pretty shitty.
    The oval track, it's a brand new diesel locomotive. "Santa" brought it for my Lil man. Its made by rail king and runs on the Lionel type track. Radio controlled.
    "Santa" didn't spring for the big fancy radio remote. Just the one that comes with it. Very realistic. Smokes like crazy, talks to dispatch, horns, sounds. Its amazing. Just way too much money!!! Even with my discount.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12

The trains...on the platform is an old Lionel set. Two steamers. One is real old and the other is newer. Old one is great, newer one is pretty shitty.
    The oval track, it's a brand new diesel locomotive. "Santa" brought it for my Lil man. Its made by rail king and runs on the Lionel type track. Radio controlled.
    "Santa" didn't spring for the big fancy radio remote. Just the one that comes with it. Very realistic. Smokes like crazy, talks to dispatch, horns, sounds. Its amazing. Just way too much money!!! Even with my discount.
    My dad is hardcore into model railroading. He makes a lot of his buildings. He has a lot of MTH trains. All of the trains on his layout run off of one remote. He's doesn't run the old Lionel units too much anymore. Just displays them. He still has the first Lionel he got when he was a kid. Here's his setup so far. It's always a work in progress.

Pretty cool toys! I would be afraid to fly them because I would not want to crash them!

Quote Originally Posted by u1arunit View Post
    You suck. ;)
    Well white out 0 degrees with 30kt winds in Minneapolis yesterday. Just got to Palm Beach. 65 now.
    2016 Mustang GT

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Terry - your Dad's setup is amazing!!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeygrits View Post
    My dad is hardcore into model railroading. He makes a lot of his buildings. He has a lot of MTH trains. All of the trains on his layout run off of one remote. He's doesn't run the old Lionel units too much anymore. Just displays them. He still has the first Lionel he got when he was a kid. Here's his setup so far. It's always a work in progress.

That's awesome!! Mine is the MTH also. I almost got the CSX locomotive set but went for the BNSF instead. I refused the NS mainly because my crazy ex wife works for that company!! Haha. I'm probably going to do the same thing...as in not run the Lionel much and use the MTH rail king more.
    Your dad has that huge remote box, doesn't he?
    The realism and our get from these is completely amazing!
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12

I like how your dad has the dead locomotive for push/pull also. It might be large enough next year for me to justify getting one like that.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12

Speaking of trains, I want to get a good setup for Christmas time. What should I be looking for? My grand father had a very nice metal setup and I wish I could remember the make.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

That's awesome!! Mine is the MTH also. I almost got the CSX locomotive set but went for the BNSF instead. I refused the NS mainly because my crazy ex wife works for that company!! Haha. I'm probably going to do the same thing...as in not run the Lionel much and use the MTH rail king more.
    Your dad has that huge remote box, doesn't he?
    The realism and our get from these is completely amazing!
    He has a handheld remote with a screen on it. Not sure. I was mistaken too. The top steam engine runs separate from the rest. I like how he made the balast along the track. I think he mixed it with diluted elmers glue to keep it in place. He also has debris like old ties laying along the track. I'll get some more pics when I go up there again. I think he has a zombie hord attacking a police car right now on there haha.
    Also if you like steam engines this is a good watch. You can ride this train from Cumberland MD to Frostburg MD and back. It even has a working turntable in Frostburg.
    Last edited by Monkeygrits; 01-10-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    Speaking of trains, I want to get a good setup for Christmas time. What should I be looking for? My grand father had a very nice metal setup and I wish I could remember the make.
    Ollies around my area had NASCAR Lionel sets very reasonable. They came with everything. Even if you don't like racing you could paint them the way you want them.

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeygrits View Post
    He has a handheld remote with a screen on it. Not sure. I was mistaken too. The top steam engine runs separate from the rest. I like how he made the balast along the track. I think he mixed it with diluted elmers glue to keep it in place. He also has debris like old ties laying along the track. I'll get some more pics when I go up there again. I think he has a zombie hord attacking a police car right now on there haha.
    Also if you like steam engines this is a good watch. You can ride this train from Cumberland MD to Frostburg MD and back. It even has a working turntable in Frostburg.
    Myself, wife and kids took a ride on that baby. We did it in the winter also . Watched them turn the engine around on the turn table also . I have pics some where .