Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WRX daily

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    Pretty much every person I have met with a newer STi that tracks or autocrosses it has had the cracked ringland thing, and some of them were stock.
    Alot of the 08's had issues with this. My buddies 08 sti blew up like 4 motors over a year and a half span, ended up it had a 2.5 rs fuel pump in it.... from factory.

Nice pick up frank! Lol if something really dumb happens and you have questions definitely call up the moore performance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone7281 View Post
    Man, those are both sweet cars. With the VF39, the Saabaru is definitely faster than my car. Which isn't exactly blisteringly fast, but it's quick enough for a DD in the snow. My brother had basically the same mods I did when he sold his 9-2x and it was pretty much even with me. (Which makes sense since it's the same drivetrain underneath.) Steve had some issues with his Saabaru which is one reason he got rid of it, but it seems like this one had a much easier life.

The STI looks good too, but I'm not familiar with how stout the internals/block of the STI are. He upgraded the turbo and is pushing 20psi. Hopefully he has a good tune!

I like road trips though. :D
    I'll let you know man. I need something more fun to daily. This huge truck just isn't doing it for me. I like having a truck, but I don't wanna drive it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    Pretty much every person I have met with a newer STi that tracks or autocrosses it has had the cracked ringland thing, and some of them were stock.
    Yep, that's the major issue with the STI's. I'm curious what the stock internals would hold if you went in and properly gapped the rings. Typically a ring land will fail because the rings aren't gapped properly and expand too far sticking on the cylinder walls. Personally I'm thinking that if I run E85 that will help to cool the cylinder and hopefully keep the rings from expanding too much. Might just be wishful thinking though. You seen or heard of any failing while running E85?
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

With all this subaru talk, a friend of mine is selling a conpletely built ej207, right price it could come with a twin scroll 20g setup. It made 350 something on a relatively conservative tune. Internals are good for close to 500 wheel... just saying. If you guys dont know what an ej207 is, its the jdm sti motor, revs to just under 9k

Nice suby's are all around. I second the person who mentioned Moore Performance. I know the owner personally for years and is a great guy. My wrx has spun it's second motor but hasn't been stock for a long time. I'm upgrading to a 2.5 right now and are contemplating the forged pistons. I'd hate to do it and have ring land issues-it's an 08 sti block.
    Last edited by PDLTURBO; 01-19-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    04 WRX #50 STX

+3 to Moore Performance. Really nice guys and they know what they're doing.

Just a little 500 whp V6