Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Any 2011+ powerstroke 6.7?

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    Any fuel mileage or picture updates?
    You wouldn't ask for so many updates if you woulda came to the track. The Cad would have puked another diff and you'd have something to do! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    You wouldn't ask for so many updates if you woulda came to the track. The Cad would have puked another diff and you'd have something to do! ;)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I have plenty to do...just thankfully not on that GM product.
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

MPGs went up to 23 with the stock wheels and tires but when the 35 inch tires went on it pulled it back down to 20-21 ish. However if I drive like an ass I can get it down to 17mpg while blowing the tires off in performance mode.

With my current mods I can run the fuel rails dry and was told to get a bigger pump but I am done moding the truck. Time to get the Cobra back on the road.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    I'm glad I didn't drive a modded diesel before I bought my truck...
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Impressive for a truck that size. Any new pics?
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Sorry no pics.

No clue how diesel guys get 23 mpg unless the truck is falling off a cliff. '07 cummins, deleted '12 cummins, never got close to 23, maybe 19 unloaded on hwy driving like a grandpa. My '15 Cummins 6 speed manual with 3.42s only is getting 14.5 (city/hwy mix) driving it as slowly as I can without killing someone.

So you go like 650+ miles between fill ups?
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

I can normally only get 22 to 23gal in the 26gal tank when the gauge starts driving me crazy. My driving is 98% highway and slightly over 85 miles round trip.
    I have my low boost fueling turned way down on the minimax and it helped.

However I could drive like a freak nut on stock tires and get over 19. It took sticking to the speed limit and not boosting over 10psi to get the 23mpg. Yes my speedo is on and I have hand calculated the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    No clue how diesel guys get 23 mpg unless the truck is falling off a cliff. '07 cummins, deleted '12 cummins, never got close to 23, maybe 19 unloaded on hwy driving like a grandpa. My '15 Cummins 6 speed manual with 3.42s only is getting 14.5 (city/hwy mix) driving it as slowly as I can without killing someone.

So you go like 650+ miles between fill ups?
    Same here. 19 highway and 15 combined are the best I can muster from both my '06 and '11.

I have some pics on my phone of 21.4 and 21.7 when stock. Not sure why 23mpg is so unbelievable when deleted and tuned.

Grabbed a pic on my way to work. I reset the mpg meter on my way out the driveway, most of the trip was 70mph just cruising (checked with GPS). When I parked at work it dropped to 20.6mpg.
    20151029_070632.jpg

What did it say before you reset it though? My truck will read over 20 while cruising down the highway but by the time I exit, sit at some lights, etc., it drops down to a more reasonable 15-17 depending on how long I am off the highway.
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

That thing in my truck is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    What did it say before you reset it though? My truck will read over 20 while cruising down the highway but by the time I exit, sit at some lights, etc., it drops down to a more reasonable 15-17 depending on how long I am off the highway.
    It only dropped to 20.6 when parked and that is after driving to Pittsburgh and then Oakland. Like I said before with the tune I can get as low as 17 if I hammer, I turned the low boost fuel the entire way up for a week and billowed black smoke, that killed the MPGs they dropped to 15. I drove from North of Pittsburgh to Cam's gun shop and pulled over 20MPGs. What kills it is if I take the wife shopping for the day...It hates little short drives from store to store.

What tuner and tunes are you running? Sounds like your tune could use some tweaking depending on what you use the truck for.

Quote Originally Posted by pwtmxracing View Post
    That thing in my truck is full of shit.
    That sucks. Mine is very close to being dead on. Heck the gal used is dead nuts on too.

This was my 11 powerstroke on a trip from Fairmont WV to home in Belle Vernon. The truck went into regeneration on the way down so I reset the trip on the drive home to see what it would do. Truck was all stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The screen above is what people should use to show mpg they are getting. The instant screen can be manipulated to say whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    It only dropped to 20.6 when parked and that is after driving to Pittsburgh and then Oakland. Like I said before with the tune I can get as low as 17 if I hammer, I turned the low boost fuel the entire way up for a week and billowed black smoke, that killed the MPGs they dropped to 15. I drove from North of Pittsburgh to Cam's gun shop and pulled over 20MPGs. What kills it is if I take the wife shopping for the day...It hates little short drives from store to store.

What tuner and tunes are you running? Sounds like your tune could use some tweaking depending on what you use the truck for.
    That is the point I am trying to make. If I reset my mpg thingy on my way to work, of course it will say 19-21ish when I pull into the parking lot. But it says 14.8 right now because that is a much more accurate representation of what I actually get, with sitting on rt.30, short trips around town, idling, etc. I would imagine your truck as well as most would give similar results in true mixed driving. If I really baby it it settles around 16. I always shift around 2200, cruise around 1800-1900 rpm, and rarely go wide open.

This truck is bone stock, '15 Cummins 2500 crew cab, 4x4, 6 speed manual. My '12 was deleted and I had a Smarty Jr. on the truck with a 60hp tune, that truck got almost identical mpg (same exact truck just different year).

Truck also gets about 15 towing about 6000 lbs, so obviously my figures include a fair amount of city driving, since you drive on the highway primarily you would naturally do better than mine.
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

Quote Originally Posted by cam303 View Post
    The screen above is what people should use to show mpg they are getting. The instant screen can be manipulated to say whatever you want.
    If you reset both screens at the same time after filling up they match up 100%. They are both marked as avg mpg.