Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    I've heard good things about this place,

http://www.bvrpc.org/

If you can find a member to get you in.
    I can vouch for this place. Nice outdoor and indoor ranges. I don't know how far the outdoor range was, but it looked like at least 300 yards.
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Quote Originally Posted by u1arunit View Post
    There is a nice place in WV not more than 25 minutes away from my place. It's laid back, open to the public, and far enough out in the sticks that a lot of people don't know about it. You can use exploding targets and other stuff usually not allowed on ranges but the only bad part is it's only out to 100 yards.

I also have a Pa range permit and use it for the Pa range in Wexford game lands. They just put in a separate handgun range as well. It's nice but pretty busy most times. Gotta follow the rules there as there is a Range-master on hand or nearby most times.
    If I remember right, you have access to the game land ranges if you have a hunting license too. I tried that once a couple years ago and every bench was taken. (This was right after they implemented the requirement to have a license or range permit.)
    --> Tony <--

2013 Audi S4

Had a buddy get a $185 fine this fall at a state game lands range. I guess they have a 5 shot limit on handguns and he fired 6 rounds out of his pocket .380. Range master was counting and would not cut him any slack.

Quote Originally Posted by u1arunit View Post
    I also have a Pa range permit and use it for the Pa range in Wexford game lands. They just put in a separate handgun range as well. It's nice but pretty busy most times. Gotta follow the rules there as there is a Range-master on hand or nearby most times.

Quote Originally Posted by travj31 View Post
    Had a buddy get a $185 fine this fall at a state game lands range. I guess they have a 5 shot limit on handguns and he fired 6 rounds out of his pocket .380. Range master was counting and would not cut him any slack.
    Quote Originally Posted by PA Game Commission
    (c) Exceptions for a handgun range. At a Commission range specifically designated as a handgun range, it is permitted for an individual to load and discharge a handgun containing a maximum of six rounds of single projectile ammunition at any one time. Other rules and regulations pertaining to shooting ranges under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction shall be in effect.
    Wow, that's crazy, I didn't even know they had these kinds of restrictions.
    --> Tony <--

2013 Audi S4

He must of fired 7 then, all I know is it was 1 over and he still got nailed.

Last time I was at the State game lands in Wexford there were some.... guys there with 30 round magazines in their Glock 19's with no concept of clearing the range to check paper. This was probably 2009. Never went back.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by TBone7281 View Post
    If I remember right, you have access to the game land ranges if you have a hunting license too. I tried that once a couple years ago and every bench was taken. (This was right after they implemented the requirement to have a license or range permit.)
    Yes it's pretty busy unless you secure your spot early. I had originally thought that I would be able to target shoot on the game land property. Found out this is not the case and it must be on a state run range.

As far as I know it is 3 in rifle and 6 in handgun at a time.
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

He must of fired 7 then, all I know is it was 1 over and he still got nailed.
    Even my carry gun holds 7+1 rounds with the smaller magazine. Certainly an easy thing to run into if you aren't aware.
    --> Tony <--

2013 Audi S4

03 Whippled Vert Blackcobraconv's Avatar
    There is a club beside Bradys Run Park, Beaver County. Half hour from Airport. I think membership is cheap. I shot indoors there years ago. Pretty sure there is indoor and outdoor still. My son in law is a member, I will get some details if your interested.

Same place I linked above I believe.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcobraconv View Post
    There is a club beside Bradys Run Park, Beaver County. Half hour from Airport. I think membership is cheap. I shot indoors there years ago. Pretty sure there is indoor and outdoor still. My son in law is a member, I will get some details if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Same place I linked above I believe.
    Yes same place. I toured the place but did not join yet. Kinda a little bit too far and having a free place to shoot has been fine at least for now.
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06