Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford to discontinue V8 motors in Mustang, F-150 after 2017, will run 4-Cylinder and V

Quote Originally Posted by u1arunit View Post
    I remember how many butt hurt hot rod owners there were back then after getting smoked by a family car. Haha
    AZ was awesome at the track. Lots of shit talking trailer queens came to the track. I drove 25 miles. Let some air out of the tires. Pulled into the slick lane. Listed to some shit talking then ran10.05@134.5 all night long. Shit talking still continued about all the motor work I had done on the stock unopened long block. Sucks to be a slow and own a trailer.
    2016 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by burntire View Post
    AZ was awesome at the track. Lots of shit talking trailer queens came to the track. I drove 25 miles. Let some air out of the tires. Pulled into the slick lane. Listed to some shit talking then ran10.05@134.5 all night long. Shit talking still continued about all the motor work I had done on the stock unopened long block. Sucks to be a slow and own a trailer.
    Haha Nice Jeff..!!
    Mark
    LeMans Blue Z06

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    Silly EPA.

That would be a death blow for Ford... I just don't see the customer base being supportive of this.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated View Post
    I just don't see the customer base being supportive of this.
    Sadly this is the truth, Too many ignorant red blooded 'muricans to embrace change and progress in engineering. They just want their big cube inefficient V8's cause Murica damnit.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Sadly this is the truth, Too many ignorant red blooded 'muricans to embrace change and progress in engineering. They just want their big cube inefficient V8's cause Murica damnit.
    Says big cube V8 driver...

And modern V8's are more effecient than they ever have been, read: 6-700hp supercharged cars that get 25-30mpg highway, so I wouldn't say that we don't embrace progress in engineering. But it's impossible to ignore what the people want, which is bigger and better and faster and stronger. Because America.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    Regardless of technology in 8 cylinder or 4 cylinder platforms, you WILL buy the technology but not because the auto manufacturers are "forcing" you to. It is because the liberal, tree-hugging, gov't funded EPA and their complete BS agenda will force you to buy it.

CAFE stds aren't developed by automakers!!!!
    Good point. The EPA is the one that made ford choke the crap out of my 6.7 powerstroke and made it so I have to use exhaust fluid. Talk about flushing money down the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated View Post
    Says big cube V8 driver...

And modern V8's are more effecient than they ever have been, read: 6-700hp supercharged cars that get 25-30mpg highway, so I wouldn't say that we don't embrace progress in engineering. But it's impossible to ignore what the people want, which is bigger and better and faster and stronger. Because America.
    Right.. and if a TT V6 or a small cube TT V8 that revved to 9 or 10k were offered in a Corvette I wouldn't hesitate buying one, I don't care what the motor is as long as the performance is there. Look at what Nissan has done with a TT V6 in a 4000lb vehicle.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

There are a few articles that just surfaced saying FORD said that the V-8 "discontinue" is false information. I forgot to grab the link, however I'm sure they will end up on here soon.
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    -Recaros, Torsen #0054
    -Ford Boss Springs, BMR Upper/Lower Control Arms, Panhard Bar
    -LED Interior Lights, 15% Tint, Carbon Fiber this and that.
    -JLT, Lund nGauge
    2016 Ford Focus ST - Kona Blue - DD
    -ST3, Recaros, Nav, Roof etc
    -Springs, Tint, Mountune Intake

1983 Black GT Hatch 5.0 - Sold
    2011 Sterling Gray GT - Sold
    2010 Candy Red Metallic GT - Sold
    2004 Competition Orange Mach 1 - Sold
    2000 Silver GT - Sold
    1969 Candy Apple Red Mustang Coupe - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    There are a few articles that just surfaced saying FORD said that the V-8 "discontinue" is false information. I forgot to grab the link, however I'm sure they will end up on here soon.
    Look at post #13 in this very thread.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    Look at post #13 in this very thread.
    I'm a little hungover, I guess I missed that one :P
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    -Recaros, Torsen #0054
    -Ford Boss Springs, BMR Upper/Lower Control Arms, Panhard Bar
    -LED Interior Lights, 15% Tint, Carbon Fiber this and that.
    -JLT, Lund nGauge
    2016 Ford Focus ST - Kona Blue - DD
    -ST3, Recaros, Nav, Roof etc
    -Springs, Tint, Mountune Intake

1983 Black GT Hatch 5.0 - Sold
    2011 Sterling Gray GT - Sold
    2010 Candy Red Metallic GT - Sold
    2004 Competition Orange Mach 1 - Sold
    2000 Silver GT - Sold
    1969 Candy Apple Red Mustang Coupe - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    Good point. The EPA is the one that made ford choke the crap out of my 6.7 powerstroke and made it so I have to use exhaust fluid. Talk about flushing money down the crapper.
    I remember when a friend of mine had a ford dump and did some excavation for me. We went to dump dirt and he showed me how he had to add whatever it is you do. I was shocked. Like the cost of the truck and diesel wasn't enough...?