Thread: Seat Re-upholstery

Seat Re-upholstery

Didn't know what forum to put this in, but has anyone ever had a seat reupholstered?
    I have a set of corbeau CR1's, but the drivers side has a hole in the cover (bought them like that) and the covers themselves are kind of rough.

How much would it be to get them reupholstered? I know corbeau sells the covers for the seats, but they're something along the lines of like $200 a piece, which is ridiculous.

Just a little 500 whp V6

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    It will cost twice that to have someone make a cover and re-cover it. $200 sounds like a deal if it comes in the color you want.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    200 is a good price if u do it yourself.
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

hmmm. I didn't think covering a seat would be that expensive.
    I looked corbeau covers are $120 a piece for cloth, $200 for microsuede. That is a piece. Idk how hard they are to change, I know the front section is just kind of velcro'd on.

Just a little 500 whp V6

I'm sure there is a YouTube how-to vid out there.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

I can't seem to find anything on anyone that has done it.

Just a little 500 whp V6

If the manufacturer sells covers they should at least be able to provide you with detailed instructions.

You'd be surprised. Lol.
    I actually can't find the replacement covers on their website anymore, I wonder if they stopped selling them....

Just a little 500 whp V6

I'd give them a call.

Yeah I spoke to them, they said they still sell them, and don't have instructions or anything but can tell you how to do it.
    Said they recommend having an upholstery shop do it though.

Just a little 500 whp V6

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar
    Then Google how to reupholster seats and start to learn.

Where there is a will there is a way.
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

I replaced the seat heaters in my parents car before. It involved removing the leather covers and reinstalling them. It wasn't bad once I had the right tools. Make sure you get good hog rings and hog ring pliers that are spring loaded. Junk piers make the job agonizing. I youtubed how to do it and followed the video. I'd definitely do it myself.

I have done a few sets over the years. Like has been mentioned good hog ring pliers make the job easier. I used straight and 45 degree pliers. The 45 degree pliers make some of the rings easier to get to. I think the biggest pain about the job is removing all the old hog rings.

Yeah I watched a video from late model resto of them doing the TMI seat re-upholstery. Doesn't look too bad. The corbeaus should be easier since like I said the front section is velcro and peels away (I'm assuming so you can install seat heaters and the lumbar support bladder you can buy). Looks like I will have to get some hog ring pliers. Harbor freight here we go!

Now the real question is, cloth or microsuede? I've never sat in the microsuede ones.

Just a little 500 whp V6

I've replaced the worn foam on factory driver seats before. It's not bad at all. Just take your time. I even used regular snap-on pliers. Haha.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    I've replaced the worn foam on factory driver seats before. It's not bad at all. Just take your time. I even used regular snap-on pliers. Haha.
    I wanted to blow my lid until I got the good set of hog ring pliers lol. I couldn't imagine doing it with regular pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeygrits View Post
    I wanted to blow my lid until I got the good set of hog ring pliers lol. I couldn't imagine doing it with regular pliers.
    Haha. I was just foolin around in the garage one day in the middle of winter. Figured I'd give it a shot. It wasn't that bad. But, I will say that the proper tools for the job would have made it much easier.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

I went and ordered some new black microsuede covers. I'll give changing them a shot when I get the car back out in the spring. Thanks guys !

Just a little 500 whp V6