Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Daily

My New Daily

Decided to switch up my daily a couple months ago when I got a new job. I had been rolling around in a 2013 FX4 F150. It was a nice ride and I needed a truck for my last job where I had to go in and out of a lot of rough oil & gas job sites. With my current job I'll only need to do that a few times a year and so I decided to sell the truck and pick up an SUV and an STI with the money I got selling my truck. I grabbed an 04 Lincoln Aviator for pretty cheap and had enough cash left over to pick up this 08 STI.

So far I love it. It's got a built motor, slightly larger than stock turbo, turbo back exhaust, CAI, and a few other bolt on's. It was built by a seemingly reputable shop in NJ. The car came with over $21K in receipts for parts and labor. It put down 377AWHP on 93. I'm thinking about getting it tuned on E85 this summer. If anyone has any suggestions on who to use to tune it, let me know. I've heard of TPG Tuning and Moore Performance locally, but I don't know if there's a go-to guy or shop somewhere else in the country that could do a remote tune for me. Kind of like the Jon Lund of Subaru's

And my first official ricer mod... tinted tails.

2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Cool car. Cant beat them for a daily in this climate. Will we see it at the track this year?

I like it. Yeah you taking it to the track?
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll be taking it out to have some fun. Not sure where. Beaver Run, auto cross, PRP, FLD's, all of the above? PRP will be the most likely place. Just curious to see what it'll do there. I'm thinking low 12's, maybe high 11's?
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

I'd say low 12's depending on weight. I'm up for lining my daily up with your daily at PRP this year.
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

my brother has one and goes to moore performance

nice pickup of vehicles
    Current Stable
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    1993 Red Cobra

Previous Stable
    2012 White Mustang-Traded
    2004 Competition Orange Terminator - Sold
    2003 Black Cobra-Traded
    1998 Black Cobra-Traded
    1991 White 5.0 Conv-Sold
    1986 Purple 5.0 Trunk-Sold to Psycho 5.0

https://www.facebook.com/steelcitymusclecars

https://www.facebook.com/cruisin.cranberry

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    What do those puppies run stock? Stock HP = ?
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    I do like these cars...mostly becuase they are wagons that I can put deer in or haul refrigerators....through a field of mud.

Looks good in white Ray.
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    I'd say low 12's depending on weight. I'm up for lining my daily up with your daily at PRP this year.
    I'd be up for that. Hopefully my manual shifting abilities have returned by then. Been driving an auto every day for way too long!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT SVT View Post
    my brother has one and goes to moore performance

nice pickup of vehicles
    They're pretty close, so I may swing by their shop one day.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    What do those puppies run stock? Stock HP = ?
    Stock flywheel hp is 305 I believe. I think that translated to around 240 ish at the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    I do like these cars...mostly becuase they are wagons that I can put deer in or haul refrigerators....through a field of mud.

Looks good in white Ray.
    This thing is definitely a tank. Went up my friends steep icy driveway on summer tires with no trouble. They have limited slip diffs front and rear stock so all 4 wheels are actually getting power
    2015 Charger Hellcat

85 GT

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Nice car...keep a close eye on the oil levels. They are know to use oil and it seems hit or miss on it when they are built
    XXX RWHP
    XXX RWTQ

But only if I let Kenne scream at ya. LOL

Good friend of mine had a 13 sti. Anytime we were in that thing he got more looks and attention than if it were an exotic. Bunch of questions too.

Stocker Chevrolet Subaru mr4teth's Avatar
    Cool car congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2007 GT500 with a few go fast parts
    PICS & Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
    ...... GT500 is the most over-rated car ever made

Love it... Kudos on it. Nice daily D.D.
    Life is a Journey, enjoy each moment. Don't take life to seriously, none of us make it out alive anyway.

Toys:

1993 Cobra #1118 Black/Black Cloth 45k
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 4x4 C.C.
    1997 SeaRay 190RS MERC. S.S. prop./Hydrafoil
    2005 Honda Aquatrax R-12x & F-12x Turbo's
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    2005 Ford Mustang GT/Roush Stage1 Package **FOR SALE ASAP**

Congrats! I am sure a few on here know my opinion on my 05 STI I had. I think mine was a lemon or a Friday build. LOL I hope by now they have made corrections but like was mentioned earlier, keep and eye on the oil and trans fluid. Subaru will try anything to get out of warranty work if you have any left and even make you wait weeks for a regional rep to stop buy and look everything over before giving a green light for the work.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    Congrats! I am sure a few on here know my opinion on my 05 STI I had. I think mine was a lemon or a Friday build. LOL I hope by now they have made corrections but like was mentioned earlier, keep and eye on the oil and trans fluid. Subaru will try anything to get out of warranty work if you have any left and even make you wait weeks for a regional rep to stop buy and look everything over before giving a green light for the work.
    Mine is pretty much as out of warranty as they come, lol. It's only got about 5000 miles on the freshly built motor though. It sounded like the previous owner ran into a similar shitty situation with Subaru. Had an oil change done at the dealership and they left the drain plug loose or out completely which trashed the motor in short time and they refused to stand behind it. Kind of works out well for me though because now I have a built motor that I don't have to worry about breaking a ring land on.

I actually almost bought an STI on ebay that had a lemon report on the car fax. Said it was for "wind noise" which I was pretty skeptical of, but the same guy had owned it for 80,000 miles since it was deemed a lemon so I figured it couldn't be too bad off at this point. Went for really cheap for an 08, $17,100 but I really wanted to wait until my truck sold to buy one so I let it go

Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Good friend of mine had a 13 sti. Anytime we were in that thing he got more looks and attention than if it were an exotic. Bunch of questions too.
    I was getting attention and questions like 10 minutes after I bought it, lol. I flew out to Philly to meet the guy to buy it and before I left town some guy in a business suit was asking me about it at a stop light. I thought it would blend in more than that, but I guess not.
    2015 Charger Hellcat

85 GT

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Sounds like you may have lucked out. I was like the first owner and got the crap end of the stick. lol I picked mine up with 5k on the clock but I was the first owner. I think the dealership that had it prior to me must have beat the crap out of the transmission because that is where most of my issues where. Its a shame because it was more of how the dealership and Subaru treated me then the issues themselves. It was so bad that I will never own another one. When I had mine the dealership wanted $350 per brake rotor. I put the cheapest set I could find on it and traded it in for my Cobra with only 43k on it. It was the only car I ever got rid of before having it paid off.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Moore Performance does great work. They use Innovative Tuning in New York for tuning. Look them up, Innovative has some of the fastest competition Subarus in the country.
    The best former Rodeheaver's Hot Rod employee ever.

15gt
    Premium - Performance Pack - Recaros

94gt
    410w - faceplated t56 - s478 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by cwh19 View Post
    Moore Performance does great work. They use Innovative Tuning in New York for tuning. Look them up, Innovative has some of the fastest competition Subarus in the country.
    Cool, I heard they use other people to do the tuning and was wondering who that was. Thanks for the info!
    2015 Charger Hellcat

85 GT

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Nice snag Ray!! I bet that thing scoots!!
    -Frank-
    1983 TurboCoupe-- T3, 3" exhaust, front mount, 8.8, LA3, cam -- 13.44@98mph
    1973 F250 highboy-- 300/np435/np205 60f/60r 38's
    1986 GT-- HCI
    2011 WRX
    1999 B2500 7.5/9 drop

Nice pick! Sounds like it should be able to get out of its own way!

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    That sounds like a problem specific to a dealership, not necessarily to Subaru. Any warranty work I ever had done was through Kunkles in Delmont (plus some recall work by Cochran in Monroeville) and I never had any trouble whatsoever. Whatever was wrong was fixed. I think the biggest thing they did on my WRX was get into the transmission to replace some gears and synchros, but really they just opened up and said "yup, it needs fixed" and did the work.

I know all too well about oil though. Hopefully the new motor will be less thirsty than a factory Subaru block.
    --> Tony <--

2013 Audi S4