Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side by sides

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhatch View Post
    That's a pretty distinct number!
    Ill be more fair since you want a more compelling argument.

1) Not all side-by-sides are $20k. That is about top of the market and brand new.
    2) Have you ever been in a Jeep offroad? Even the 4.0 is extremely underpowered for offroad. Sure it will crawl up a hill but how extreme are you going to get in a jeep? You willing to roll your $5-7k jeep over on a challenging hill?
    3) The jeep is great for cruising through the woods which is sssssoooooooo much fun (sarcasm). You can rip through trails on a side-by-side. They are more nimble and much quicker.
    4) The side-by-side is made to be beat up a little. Some may argue this but the jeep is made for the road only.
    5) Its hard to fit through trails in a jeep. Ever see a group of jeeps and side-by-sides on offroad ride together? Me either.....but wait 5 min and the jeeps will be there.
    6) If you crash a side-by-side most of the time you just flip it back over and its fine.
    7) Used rhino's, 800rzr's, ext can be had for less than any decent used jeep.

Sounds like I hate jeeps but I actually love them. I love them because I love riding to town with the top and doors off. As far as taking them offroad, I personally would rather run through the trails and climb hills on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    That's why I have 2 quads. Raptor 700 and a raptor 660.
    yea I bought a side-by-side and it just wasnt for me. Nothing is more fun than a sport quad offroad.

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
    Ill be more fair since you want a more compelling argument.

1) Not all side-by-sides are $20k. That is about top of the market and brand new.
    2) Have you ever been in a Jeep offroad? Even the 4.0 is extremely underpowered for offroad. Sure it will crawl up a hill but how extreme are you going to get in a jeep? You willing to roll your $5-7k jeep over on a challenging hill?
    3) The jeep is great for cruising through the woods which is sssssoooooooo much fun (sarcasm). You can rip through trails on a side-by-side. They are more nimble and much quicker.
    4) The side-by-side is made to be beat up a little. Some may argue this but the jeep is made for the road only.
    5) Its hard to fit through trails in a jeep. Ever see a group of jeeps and side-by-sides on offroad ride together? Me either.....but wait 5 min and the jeeps will be there.
    6) If you crash a side-by-side most of the time you just flip it back over and its fine.
    7) Used rhino's, 800rzr's, ext can be had for less than any decent used jeep.

Sounds like I hate jeeps but I actually love them. I love them because I love riding to town with the top and doors off. As far as taking them offroad, I personally would rather run through the trails and climb hills on foot.

And the real kicker is:

If you want to rip around the woods a regular brand new sport quad will do it for 6-7k....and it will be more nimble, faster, and with better brakes than the 20k rzr.

So it's not fair to compare the side by side to a jeep....just like it's not totally fair to compare it to a quad.

The only thing the rzr has is comfortable seating for two....if that is a requirement to play in the woods...then it has it's place. Otherwise you're overspending for a sub-performer. It's kinda like owning a mopar. (ouch)
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    And the real kicker is:

If you want to rip around the woods a regular brand new sport quad will do it for 6-7k....and it will be more nimble, faster, and with better brakes than the 20k rzr.

So it's not fair to compare the side by side to a jeep....just like it's not totally fair to compare it to a quad.

The only thing the rzr has is comfortable seating for two....if that is a requirement to play in the woods...then it has it's place. Otherwise you're overspending for a sub-performer. It's kinda like owning a mopar. (ouch)
    Sure its fair. All are capable of going off road and you can buy any of the above for $5k. Its fair but one just doesnt make sense. I would love to hear an argument about how a jeep is as fun than the other two. I understand that many people enjoy a rzr over a sport quad due to being comfortable and a good mix of fun/cruising buggy.

I think most of it is the ****tards that grab a cooler of Budweiser and load up the side by side. Go out in the woods and get hammered. Its easier in the rzr than in a Jeep. I dunno.
    I do know that I see more and more beer cans whenever I do get out in the woods.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
    yea I bought a side-by-side and it just wasnt for me. Nothing is more fun than a sport quad offroad.
    Absolutely. Quads much more fun. Plus, if it gets too hairy, you can jump off. Not jumping off a side by side.
    Rob
    1 Monte SS. White.

Banned dates
    11/27/08
    4/25/11
    3/28/12
    12/1/12
    There are more but that's all that was logged!!!

Because it is their money and they want a side by side?