Thread: Homemade Fleece Mustang Blankets

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar

Homemade Fleece Mustang Blankets

Hi folks

My daughter made me a really nice 2-layer blanket last week. I thought some other folks might want one. The fabric was all bought at JoAnn Fabrics. Sometimes they have some really good sales. The Mustang print was originally $14.99 per yard but it was 40% off and we had a coupon for another 20% off of that. The blue layer was really reasonable - I think it was $8.99 per yard. Anyway - the blanket she made me was about 48" wide by 92" long. We have about $40 in the fabric. Would anyone be interested in one this size for say $60? Hannah said she needs some spending money and each blanket takes her a few hours to make. The 2 layers are tied together by straps cut around the perimeter. Other sizes could be made - the only limiting factor is the finished width at about 48".

Anyway, here are some pics. I really like this print! It is licensed by Ford...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 03-03-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Pm'd
    Life is a Journey, enjoy each moment. Don't take life to seriously, none of us make it out alive anyway.

Toys:

1993 Cobra #1118 Black/Black Cloth 45k
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 4x4 C.C.
    1997 SeaRay 190RS MERC. S.S. prop./Hydrafoil
    2005 Honda Aquatrax R-12x & F-12x Turbo's
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    2005 Ford Mustang GT/Roush Stage1 Package **FOR SALE ASAP**

PM returned.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

That is awesome, all the way around!!
    ChuckT
    Sponsored by
    Wholesale Transmission - New Kensington
    Millerstown Pic A Part

Hey thanks Chuck. When we saw the fabric at the store I said "I gotta have that!" It looks even better in person.

Hannah has also made two really nice blankets for friends of ours who are fighting breast cancer. The store had 2 different prints with the pink ribbon on them, so we bought them and she made a blanket from each. Those have the pink ribbon print on one side and the back of the blanket is a nice matching solid pink. Our one friend ( actually the mother of my friend ) is undergoing a mastectomy this morning. When my friend surprised her Mom with the blanket over the weekend she was so touched she nearly cried...and she's a tough cookie so that's saying something! I'll see if I can find a photo of that blanket. If anyone would want one of those, I'm sure Hannah would love to make more of them!
    Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 03-04-2015 at 09:43 AM.

PM sent

I couldn't find a photo of the first breast cancer blanket, but I did find the fabric Hannah is going to use for the second one...( I thought she finished it already but I was mistaken ).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by roush08 View Post
    PM sent
    PM returned - thanks Roush!

Wow Ron.....hard to find a young adult who understands the process of working and earning money let alone a young child! Thats awesome. Is there any fox bodies on that print?

Thanks John. Like most families we have gone thru some really rough times together, but Hannah is a very giving and generous person, so when she came up with this idea I figured it could be a great learning tool. She is really excited that some people are interested in the blankets!

From my photos I don't see any fox bodies or Mustang II's. I will spread out the blanket and look when I get home from work and let you know.

Looks great! Great parenting Ron!
    Sam

07 V6 Vista Blue, CAI, Fang Chin Spoiler, GT Rockers, Painted Mirror Covers, Billit Grill, FR500's & Nitto 555's, Shaker Intake

That's really cool!

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Wow Ron.....hard to find a young adult who understands the process of working and earning money let alone a young child! Thats awesome. Is there any fox bodies on that print?

THIS!!! Good job Ron.
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Awesome! Sounds like you got some great kids!

Thanks fellas! It isn't easy getting them to want to work, but it sure helps when you can find a way to make it fun!

Ron has a sweat shop in his basement. Can they make me some nikes?
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

Met up with Keystone Johnny at the track event to deliver his Mustang blanket. Great to finally meet you John! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks so much for taking one. Every little bit of money in Hannah's truck fund helps! She turns 16 next April.

If anyone else is interested in a blanket just let me know. Thanks!!