Thread: 04 GMC envoy fuel system

04 GMC envoy fuel system

OMG the wife's Envoy is driving me crazy. I fix one thing and another goes.

I come home from work on Thursday walked into the garage and get blasted with gas fumes. Looked under the Envoy and saw fuel covering the tank.

So today I dropped the tank to find that the 90* fittings off the fuel hat are rusted bad and the return side has a small hole in it. GREAT!! The fuel pumps works great but the hat and retainer ring are rusted to hell. I tried to get the quick release fitting off with no luck. I finally gave up and broke both 90* off the fuel hat so I could get to the quick releases easier. After some time I got the plastic clips out but they where still not giving up. I managed to pull so hard that the Orings from the quick release where still on the fuel hat nipple. So now where am I? Can I get the new seals for in those quick release connectors or do I need to dish out the cash for 2 new GM fuel lines with the connectors on both ends.
    Last edited by RUTHLESS; 03-09-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Looks like summit sells new quick connects that may get me out of this mess.

Just need to figure out the sizes that I need.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-800-080

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-800-116

local part store sells those, but need the installer tool typically to get the ends on the line. I haven't tried using repair couplers yet as I make complete lines for ls swap/retrofits

Quote Originally Posted by LS3GTO View Post
    "Sir, do you like getting killed by LSx powered vehicles ?"
    Quote Originally Posted by dannythekid View Post
    You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a car with a LS motor in it (Especially at 1st-Try!).
    /twocents

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    It really sucks when you have to bust your ass keeping an older DD on the road. We loved our 2001 EB Explorer but I got tired of it kicking me in the head with repairs. Axle seals, filler neck, steering rack, exhaust, wheel bearings, tranny...
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

1987 Fiero GT
    Precision 6466, L67, 4T80e, MS3Pro

I ordered an oem fuel pump since I have more trust in them then ones from china, I played that game before with a truck. Just need to get back out to the garage and figure out what size the feed and return lines are so I can get new fittings ordered.

I just found out she only has 3 more payments left on it so I told her to enjoy her time with it because it has to go. Think I will list it for $4000. I am shooting a little high and hope for the best to get down payment money for her new dd. Some one will get a nice ride for the price, new fuel pump and filter, sparkplugs, belt, air filter, thermostat, transfer case fluid changed(fixed the awd thump). All this has under 500 miles on it. Power steering pump was replaced last year along with all new brakes and tires. Also had the pump for the air ride replaced a few years back and a servo for the climate control. Other then that its been issue free.

Tom,
    I would love to get her that but I would have to sell all the toys. lol