Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: GTR's taking over!

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    I don't think u will get booted.

Great air good prep close to home and cheap....
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

It's been a while since I've posted let alone updated this thread. So here's what's happening:

The car is at Opeka Bodyshop to get painted pink and lips put on the front of it...lol JK. It's getting the rear bumper fixed as a ****ing asshat backed into me a while ago and I was more concerned with racing than looks. However, that got old every time I opened the garage as saw that blemish, so that's getting fixed. I recommend Opeka, they are really easy to deal with and have great customer service. They fixed one of my other cars for free as long as I did a fly by! lol (It wasn't a lot of work at all)

Next the car is getting loaded on the trailer and heading back out to Buschur Racing. I'm having the tune touched up, cage added, billet front diff installed, and going to try one more time for the 8 second pass on 93 octane before I say "**** it" and turning the car up...finally.

Once turned up I'd like to go after the Alpha 12 record which I believe is an 8.1. Then it's either onto bigger turbos and billet stuff or being happy with low 8's and try something else.

Hope everyone is great and your winter projects are coming along! Spring can't get here fast enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAudia View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted let alone updated this thread. So here's what's happening:

The car is at Opeka Bodyshop to get painted pink and lips put on the front of it...lol JK. It's getting the rear bumper fixed as a ****ing asshat backed into me a while ago and I was more concerned with racing than looks. However, that got old every time I opened the garage as saw that blemish, so that's getting fixed. I recommend Opeka, they are really easy to deal with and have great customer service. They fixed one of my other cars for free as long as I did a fly by! lol (It wasn't a lot of work at all)

Next the car is getting loaded on the trailer and heading back out to Buschur Racing. I'm having the tune touched up, cage added, billet front diff installed, and going to try one more time for the 8 second pass on 93 octane before I say "**** it" and turning the car up...finally.

Once turned up I'd like to go after the Alpha 12 record which I believe is an 8.1. Then it's either onto bigger turbos and billet stuff or being happy with low 8's and try something else.

Hope everyone is great and your winter projects are coming along! Spring can't get here fast enough!!
    Good to hear Nick! For being a mild winter it still sucked! :P
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Awesome. Good luck on the < 8.1 record!
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

Dave's new billet diff case looks really really nice.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    About time you turn it up. Sheesh.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

It's been a while since I posted. I've been crazy with work and family and haven't had much time to race. The car finally made it's way back to Buschur for some much needed upgrades and some corn fuel. I'm putting the "8's on 93 Octane" on hold so I'm more competitive at the Shootout.

The car made 1058 whp/818 ft lbs of torque at only 34 psi of boost on E77 fuel. These numbers are on Buschur's Mustang AWD 500SE dyno.

Current Specs:

BR built 4.1 liter
    BR Stage 3 ported head
    272 cams,
    BR-BFIC intercooler,
    Alpha Carbon Fiber intake manifold,
    Alpha turbo kit with a custom set of Xona Rotor XR7865 turbos
    BR 3"x3"x3.5" mid pipe into custom BR 4" catback
    Ivey Promax trans
    DSS rear axles
    BR upgraded billet front diff
    BR upgraded front driveshaft.
    FIC 2150's
    Fore Innovation triple pump with complete fuel line upgrade

I'll be competing in the GTR Street 32 Class at The Shootout in a few weeks and we fully expect to see some low-low 8 second passes from the car. Lots more left in the car.

Rather than stressing the ETS on the dyno (we dyno in AWD, always) I'll save the extra boost and timing for the track once we see how we get this much power down track. I actually replaced the ETS again just to be sure it was holding power. This is a wear part on these cars. I had a loose one and nearly put it into the wall because the car want to behave like a RWD.

For reference, this would be about 1195 whp on a Dynojet and 924 ft lbs.

The turbos see 20 psi at 4500 rpm. The peak boost was 33.47 psi and on a 5th gear pull the intake air temps using BR's largest air to air intercooler, the BFIC were DOWN to 111 (start at 115) degrees at the end of the pull.

Injector duty cycle was only 71.61 peak, so we have a lot of room left on this simple 6 injector set up.

Also the WGDC was set at a flat 60% where it held a flat 33.47 psi of boost.

Only 34 psi...yowza!!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

What a beast! Once you're able to put the power to the ground how much more does the car have left?
    03 Cobra 10th Anniversary
    70 Nova SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dickbag 5.h0 View Post
    What a beast! Once you're able to put the power to the ground how much more does the car have left?
    I'd guesstimate another ~200 WHP. I run a full slick in the back and a DR up front. Now with the billet front diff I'll be able to leave a little harder getting into the 1.2 short times (hopefully). Best 60ft to date is a 1.33.

Truly amazing what those cars are capable of. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAudia View Post
    I'd guesstimate another ~200 WHP. I run a full slick in the back and a DR up front. Now with the billet front diff I'll be able to leave a little harder getting into the 1.2 short times (hopefully). Best 60ft to date is a 1.33.
    At full power and with good traction, do you think it's capable of dipping into the 7's?

I've seen a few of these cars at the track, none built like yours, they are absolutely amazing.
    03 Cobra 10th Anniversary
    70 Nova SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dickbag 5.h0 View Post
    At full power and with good traction, do you think it's capable of dipping into the 7's?

I've seen a few of these cars at the track, none built like yours, they are absolutely amazing.
    Thanks, man!

I hate to keyboard race or speculate but I do have a goal to be in the 7's with a 35R framed turbo. Sadly, I'm going to have to lose some creature comforts to do this (aka weight). I may strip it down for some all out passes then turn back down afterwards to be able to enjoy it on the street.

We had some issues getting the car off the line and down the track. After we found a coupler being off an upper IC pipe and changed the spark plugs we finally were able to get it off the line. Unfortunately, and we believe it to be the MAP sensors, the car shut off at the ~1000 ft. mark. I was still able to manage my PB even though it didn't carry through the full length of the track. This car absolutely rips! I'm going to say this, and will probably be told its BS, but I believe this car has a 7 sec pass in it as it sits. The car was on 31 psi for this pass and there's quiet a bit of power left. Speculating the 1/8 MPH and time it "may have" been an 8.3 pass on this run. At only 30 psi, that's not too shabby! lol Kudos too Buschur Racing for building an ****ing animal!

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure "rips" is an adequate term. Holy shneikeys!

...and a big LOL at "only" 31 psi!!

Minus the rain the Shootout appeared to go well.

Lotta nice machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    I'm not sure "rips" is an adequate term. Holy shneikeys!

...and a big LOL at "only" 31 psi!!

Thank you. It's all relative when it comes to boost. There was a guy there running 75 psi, making 2200WHP+, trapping 200+. So my measly 30 pales in comparison. lol

Quote Originally Posted by thedak View Post
    Minus the rain the Shootout appeared to go well.

Lotta nice machinery.
    Were you there, bud? And if you were, and didn't say hello = pissed MrAudia. lol

This 100% my favorite time and event of the year.

I kept the car there for some IC changes and to hopefully understand why it was shutting down at 1000ft mark. I still have stock MAP sensors so hopefully it was just overloading them. Swapping them out are very easy. Also, I put the billet diff to work. I did a dry AWD launch every time before I made a hit. So far (knocking on wood) so good. :)

No was just watching via people's IG, FB and Forums.

It's been a LONG time, almost a year since I last posted, but this car is now for sale. I just don't have the time to race and drive it like I used to. Thanks for all the feedback and LOL's.

Anyone interested please email me at nicaudia @ gmail . com

Once it's replacement comes I'll post up another thread. I did pick up a T-Type WE4 that I'll be tooling around in soon. Have to get my Jollies somehow!