Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: autocross 4-26

Yeah, I should have used second to be smoother on my inputs as first is just a spin fest... but I had fun wrestling with it out there.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Yeah, I should have used second to be smoother on my inputs as first is just a spin fest... but I had fun wrestling with it out there.
    looked and sounded good though. I still want to come out soon and give it a go. didn't even know they had an event yesterday. could have sworn it was every 2 weeks like cars and coffee is.
    324whp/258wtq AAM Competition Tuned | Fast Intentions Custom Straight Pipe setup | UpRev Tuning | Akuma Motorsports Intakes | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/fpenvy

Quote Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
    looked and sounded good though. I still want to come out soon and give it a go. didn't even know they had an event yesterday. could have sworn it was every 2 weeks like cars and coffee is.
    Next week is Mother's Day..

I have always found just leaving in second to be faster (couple exceptions, Honda S2000 being one) especially in a torque monster like a c6. Does the auto hold second if you ask?
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

autocross 4-26

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
    I have always found just leaving in second to be faster (couple exceptions, Honda S2000 being one) especially in a torque monster like a c6. Does the auto hold second if you ask?
    Yep I can put it in 6th at 50mph and put the pedal to the floor and it won't shift... It never shifts for you even banging off the limiter for 10 seconds (ask me how I know) unless you're in too high of a gear when stopping. Did my first run completely in second with a friend riding shotgun who won STR in his Miata... I asked him if he thought 2nd or 1st and he said if I wasn't hitting the limiter he'd stay in first.... Guess I didn't think his Miata makes a lot less power. I see a lot of opportunity in my video where I could have been on gas if I were in second vs first. Sucks when you see all your mistakes next day and can't get another crack at it. lol. Still had a blast.

Planning on going to the one on Memorial Day weekend.
    Last edited by SK360; 05-04-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Even in my slow 3 valve going back into first always turns into a drift session. I have thought about putting 4.10s into my car just to help me be higher in the power band in 2nd.

Yep I can put it in 6th at 50mph and put the pedal to the floor and it won't shift... It never shifts for you even banging off the limiter for 10 seconds (ask me how I know) unless you're in too high of a gear when stopping. Did my first run completely in second with a friend riding shotgun who won STR in his Miata... I asked him if he thought 2nd or 1st and he said if I wasn't hitting the limiter he'd stay in first.... Guess I didn't think his Miata makes a lot less power. I see a lot of opportunity in my video where I could have been on gas if I were in second vs first. Sucks when you see all your mistakes next day and can't get another crack at it. lol. Still had a blast.

Planning on going to the one on Memorial Day weekend.
    Yes, much easier to modulate the throttle in 2nd, plenty of torque even down around 2K IMO.

MineralGT I would be more concerned with having enough gear to go ~65 in second. I ran into the limiter at 76mph in 2nd multiple times last week.

Even the gutless Lotus Elise I drove last year didn't require a shift down to first, most of the time I just don't find it necessary.
    Last edited by Mark Aubele; 05-04-2015 at 09:15 PM.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

Next week is Mother's Day..
    Nice. I'll see what's going on maybe I can make that one.
    324whp/258wtq AAM Competition Tuned | Fast Intentions Custom Straight Pipe setup | UpRev Tuning | Akuma Motorsports Intakes | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler

Yep I can put it in 6th at 50mph and put the pedal to the floor and it won't shift... It never shifts for you even banging off the limiter for 10 seconds (ask me how I know) unless you're in too high of a gear when stopping.
    Mine does the same. It won't shift up for you but will downshift to not stall.

Lol if I ever got my car moving that fast I wouldnt care lol