Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four Eye Foxbody Guys 1979-1986 Mustangs

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT View Post
    I'm looking forward towards pressing the right
    hand pedal down soon.
    Nice looking four eye!

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donstang86 View Post
    Very Nice. The 17" Pony wheels looks good on her!

indeed!
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Before the new shoes....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Hey, I know that car!

Ron, thanks for the idea to put 17" Ponys on it... They still look "proper" and work much better than the old 10-holes!

My 158,000 mile wonder just got new carpeting and the stereo now has HD, Bluetooth, and Sirius which is quite an update from the 1985 cassette deck.

New dash pad, seatbelt sleeves, and some other little trim pieces have really freshened it up. I still have to physically mount the radio, reinstall the console and seats, and mount the amp in subwoofer laying in the trunk, but it's only a few hours away.

It it really needs to go drag racing for old times sake!

I already scheduled vacation days for the first two track days. See ya there Greg?!?! I want to see that GT in the 13 sec 100 mph club!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

Wonder what it would take to get it to run a 12.88?

Quote Originally Posted by gpfarrell View Post
    Wonder what it would take to get it to run a 12.88?
    Put Joe Yakich behind the wheel! :-)

Mine is an 85 gt transplanted here from California about a year ago. Work in progress, street/strip car. So far all street. It's not yet race ready.

351w based 408 stroker, 10:1 compression, victor Jr heads and intake, custom comp hydraulic roller 248/254 @ .050, .609/.609. Fitech efi.

T5(has to go....building a 4r70w to replace it)

8.8 with strange 35 spline spool and axles and 3.73's.

Playing with the GT. Decided to put the 2 1/2 Cervini cowl hood on her. I had to trim on the inside to clear the strut tower brace!
    Last edited by Donstang86; 09-30-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Looks good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What's up with the motor Don? She ready?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000GT View Post
    Looks good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Not bad for a 30 year old Pony lol!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    What's up with the motor Don? She ready?
    The motor is still in wraps. Cash allocated a few other directions right now. Hoping a get a bonus in October so I can get the ball rolling. She has sat long enough. My buddy who will do the engine has a roller 351 that I may be able to talk him out of...maybe lol! But right now the plan is to use the 302 with Aluminum heads and a GT 40 tubular. Nice old school cruiser!

I hear ya buddy - you're moving faster than my Toro project so don't sweat it!

Just picked her up last Saturday, 1985 lX 5 Speed, Has Eibach sway bars front and back, Shorty headers unequal length, off road h-pipe, Flowmaster cat back,Small Cam build sheet says 1 size over stock whatever that means no specs listed , Not going to do much till my 1990 Lx is done. I did not need this car but the underneath and strut towers and hatch are super clean. Car is clean, needs gone over mechanically and needs paint and needs a good interior scrubbing. Engine was rebuilt 24k miles ago bye a machine shop in WV and has some bolt ons on her already. The wife is mad I was trying to sell my 90 lx and now I picked this up lol.
    1985 mustang.jpg
    Last edited by jclose11; 05-15-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: year.

Quote Originally Posted by jclose11 View Post
    Just picked her up last week, Not going to do much till my 1990 Lx is done. I did not need this car but the underneath and strut towers and hatch are super clean. Car is clean, needs gone over mechanically and needs paint and needs a good interior scrubbing. Engine was rebuilt 24k miles ago bye a machine shop in WV and has some bolt ons on her already. The wife is mad I was trying to sell my 90 lx and now I picked this up lol.
    1985 mustang.jpg
    Nice!! 85 or 86? Stick or auto? What bolt ons?

Listed above, Nothing great in the Bolt ons just your normal stuff .

Oops - that’s what I get for trying to read on my phone... or maybe you edited afterwards.

Did the ‘85 GT come with the 7.5” rear? I thought the 8.8” didn’t come until ‘86?
    Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 05-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.

I believe its a 7.5" rear..

Quote Originally Posted by Donstang86 View Post
    Playing with the GT. Decided to put the 2 1/2 Cervini cowl hood on her. I had to trim on the inside to clear the strut tower brace!
    I found a twin which I called Mini-Me. It sold for $3000 with a ton of new parts. Great buy. Thought I would share another white 86 GT with you all! My GT has the (UGH) Red Hood....