Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Eye Foxbody Guys 1979-1986 Mustangs

Four Eye Foxbody Guys 1979-1986 Mustangs

Curious how many 1979-1986 four eye foxbody guys are on here. Post a picture of your ride so we can see who has what on here.

I'll start.
    1986 Mustang GT purchased from Warren Wooten Ford in Cocoa Florida.
    Modifications:
    Stock 302 with 1.6 Roller Rocker Arms and a ported/polished 1993 Upper intake. BBK 65 MM spacer and Throttle body
    Dynomax 2 1/2" exhaust with BBK catted H Pipe
    Ford Stainless Steel 1 5/8" shorty headers
    March Underdrive Pullies
    Kenne Bell Ram Air
    Ken Brown subframes, Gload brace and strut tower brace
    Five Lug four wheel disc conversion with Cobra Red calipers, stainless steel brake lines, cross drilled/ slotted Rotors, Moser 31 spline axles with a Ford Explorer 31 spline Carrier, Ford Motor Sport rear girdle, Steeda Weightjacker lower control arms, 94 Mustang Spindles with 1993 Mustang V-8 K member (wider than the 79-86 V-8 K Member)
    Bulitt Mustang coil Springs with Koni struts (front) and Air shocks on the back
    17"x9" Cobra R wheels with Nitto NT555 tires.
    Hurst Shifter
    Ford Motorsport Aluminum Drive Shaft
    Cervini 1 1/2" Mach One hood

Not the fastest but its a nice clean 29 year old cruiser with the original paint (except the hood)

Future plans:
    I have a warmed up 302 shortblock with a good strong cam (Thanks Ron) and GT40 Yates Aluminum Heads (Thanks Vince). Going with a GT40 Tubular intake, 1.6 Roller Rockers. Thinking of removing the Catted H pipe and going with long tube headers. I would love a T56 in her but that may be years away. I have a Cervini 2 1/2 Cowl hood. Frustrated it hits my strut tower brace. Looking at a HO Trends Fiberglass hood.

Like I said she is just a cruiser. Never will be the fastest but I dig driving it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have an 81 that ive had since I was 15 years old. Its been through a couple transformations. I built it in 1997 the first time. Im sure many of you guys have seen it. It was in the readers rides in MMFF december 2001. then I painted it silver, then red. It has had a 289ci motor that went 13.79 i built myself when I was 17 years old, then in 2001 i built a 460 that would go 10.50s and 9s on spray, then i built a 501 that would go 9.80s on pump gas. Then I added a couple 74mm turbos from a semi truck and it went 8.50s@169. I still have it and love it.
    2015 A6 Mustang GT that so far has gone 9.48@147 but still the fastest prochargerd S550 in the world aside from Tim Essick's!
    www.Rodeheavershotrod.com

I have a maroon 86 Mustang GT. this is my second 86 Mustang. Both had nitrous, but this one is faster. I started with the motor that was in it when I purchased it. It was a 40 over rebuild with crap Pistons. A little nitrous and too much rpms later and a ring seized in a piston. I then began my build which took six long years to "complete". It now has a 327 stroker in a Ford racing Boss block with procomp aluminum heads and a custom grind nitrous cam from Bullet. It makes 355 To the tires on the motor on Rodeheavers dyno. I'm currently hitting it with a 175 shot, but want to add a little more with a second stage. I'm in that process right now. I try to make it to all the Flashlight Drags and will be at the track rental with it.

Here it is when I first got it
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430767015.656660.jpg

And now
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430767055.053706.jpg
    2014 Mustang GT m6 - 12.97@111
    All stock down to the tires
    12.53 on slicks. Stock. No tune.

1986 Mustang 5 speed - 12.10@110 off the sauce
    11.05 on Nitrous babying a hurt t-5

327 stroker BOSS block with junk Pro Comp heads
    355hp n/a
    520hp on nitrous

All Nitrous parts are gone. Turbo on the way

Tuned by Tim @ Rodeheavers Hotrod & Dyno Shop

My BBF powered 82
    Love me some four-eye!
    020114002800x533_zpsbbebc6d8.jpg

Different shots of my 86's

Black Bess, over 169k miles. I was leaving at 4900 rpm last Friday.
    Lil' Blackie, also a Rodeheaver hot rod

Black Bess : n/a 347 T56 magnum,426 hp/ 427 tq
    Best time at Keystone 11.68, best speed 122.95 mph (right lane)
    Built, tuned & made possible by Tim Rodeheaver
    Rodeheaver's Hot Rod Shop
    15 W. Cross Ave.
    Masontown Pa. 15461
    724-737-5088
    www.RodeheaversHotRod.com

This one doesn't run

I've had it for a while too.
    Lil' Blackie, also a Rodeheaver hot rod

Black Bess : n/a 347 T56 magnum,426 hp/ 427 tq
    Best time at Keystone 11.68, best speed 122.95 mph (right lane)
    Built, tuned & made possible by Tim Rodeheaver
    Rodeheaver's Hot Rod Shop
    15 W. Cross Ave.
    Masontown Pa. 15461
    724-737-5088
    www.RodeheaversHotRod.com

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    ^^^^ wasn't that one for sale a few years ago? Nice ride!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Yellow is faster!
    85 coupe, coyote swap with all the good stuff.

this past weekend at MIR:

right after paint:
    Jason

Just a little stock coyote that runs low 10s!

Four-eyed Fox? Just bought it 20 years ago. Found it in Charlotte, NC before the internet made car shopping easy... I went to Barnes & Noble on Tuesdays when they received the Sunday newspapers fro Atlanta, Charlotte, D.C., etc. Old School! 4-barrel carb and 5-speed stick.

158,000 miles... mostly original paint! Same engine since we threw a Summit catalog at it in 1998. Edelbrock carb, intake, and aluminum heads. E-cam. Balanced and spins smooth to seven grand. In '98 you could go Corvette hunting with 325hp. Today, it can still trash a '98 Vette!

'87+ front rotors with Lincoln Mk VII calipers, Turbo Coupe rear with 3.55s and discs too. Subframe connectors, lowered about an inch...Eibachs I think, but it's been awhile!

i've had it to St. Louis, Virginia Beach, Raleigh, Quaker City, Nelson's Ledges, Beaverun (been a few years), FLD's at Zelie (been a few years!) and it's the car I drove the night we got engaged 16 years ago.

Occasionally cold A/C.

Fairly crude, borderline obnoxious, always fun, and dead reliable.

image.jpg

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    What's great about Greg's car is that it gets used and enjoyed as much as any 30 year old car out there.

My '66 was in the middle of its long initial resto-mod when I was invited to go for a lunch hour test ride in Greg's '85 GT ragtop. At the time all Greg's go-fast goodies were pretty fresh and Greg was more than willing to demonstrate exactly how well they were doing their job! Needless to say, that ride was just what the doctor ordered, as it jump started my enthusiasm for my own build, which had stalled a little bit due to getting married and buying a house. Thanks for the boost Greg! I know you'll keep racking up the miles and smiles in the GT!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

A lot of you know my Capri ... 84 RS Turbo car, relentless on it.

Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    This thread is full of win.....
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Nice cars fellas!

Nice rides. Lots of four eyed love.
    98 Mustang GT
    P1sc, 4:10's, PI Intake, alum. Dr. Shaft, Eibach Springs, Steeda Tri Ax, Bassani X Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back

83dropboy.jpg

Bought this back in Nov 1989 - lots of good memories, more to come, had it out Saturday

1983 GLX convertible, 1992 high mileage roller block, GT-40 irons, B303, 1.7 rollers, torker II, Edelbrock 600(1406), T-5, 3.27 8.8 rear, 100 shot, 380RWHP/430RWTQ = best ETA 12.8 @ 104

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    Need me some 86 !

Its nice to see that some guys still have old four eyed fox bodies. Sometimes you feel dated with an older Pony but they will always be special to me!

NiiiiiCE!!!! We have a NMRA Coyote Stock racer on here!! Some awesome rides in here! If I were to get a Fox body it'd be a '82 the year I was born, also because I wear glasses! lol
    Bu-2000-bash
    ALLSQUAD
    Steel City Muscle Cars
    CarCruises
    Flashlight Drags
    NMRA
    UMTR
    Modded Mustangs
    NHSCC

Yellow is faster!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamantiumSilvr View Post
    NiiiiiCE!!!! We have a NMRA Coyote Stock racer on here!! Some awesome rides in here! If I were to get a Fox body it'd be a '82 the year I was born, also because I wear glasses! lol
    Yeah not from the burgh anymore but recently moved back to pa. My parents still live in Latrobe.
    Jason

Just a little stock coyote that runs low 10s!

Quote Originally Posted by Donstang86 View Post
    Curious how many 1979-1986 four eye foxbody guys are on here. Post a picture of your ride so we can see who has what on here.

I'll start.
    1986 Mustang GT purchased from Warren Wooten Ford in Cocoa Florida.
    Modifications:
    Stock 302 with 1.6 Roller Rocker Arms and a ported/polished 1993 Upper intake. BBK 65 MM spacer and Throttle body
    Dynomax 2 1/2" exhaust with BBK catted H Pipe
    Ford Stainless Steel 1 5/8" shorty headers
    March Underdrive Pullies
    Kenne Bell Ram Air
    Ken Brown subframes, Gload brace and strut tower brace
    Five Lug four wheel disc conversion with Cobra Red calipers, stainless steel brake lines, cross drilled/ slotted Rotors, Moser 31 spline axles with a Ford Explorer 31 spline Carrier, Ford Motor Sport rear girdle, Steeda Weightjacker lower control arms, 94 Mustang Spindles with 1993 Mustang V-8 K member (wider than the 79-86 V-8 K Member)
    Bulitt Mustang coil Springs with Koni struts (front) and Air shocks on the back
    17"x9" Cobra R wheels with Nitto NT555 tires.
    Hurst Shifter
    Ford Motorsport Aluminum Drive Shaft
    Cervini 1 1/2" Mach One hood

Not the fastest but its a nice clean 29 year old cruiser with the original paint (except the hood)

Future plans:
    I have a warmed up 302 shortblock with a good strong cam (Thanks Ron) and GT40 Yates Aluminum Heads (Thanks Vince). Going with a GT40 Tubular intake, 1.6 Roller Rockers. Thinking of removing the Catted H pipe and going with long tube headers. I would love a T56 in her but that may be years away. I have a Cervini 2 1/2 Cowl hood. Frustrated it hits my strut tower brace. Looking at a HO Trends Fiberglass hood.

Like I said she is just a cruiser. Never will be the fastest but I dig driving it.

Future hood...coming shortly now that I am back to work!