Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terminated's 03 Cobra Thread

Will Work For Car Parts Terminated's Avatar

Terminated's 03 Cobra Thread

Figure I would start a thread for the progress on my car since, now that it's PIF, it's time to get it to where I see it in my head. Little background info:

03 Cobra Coupe in Dark Shadow Gray (1 of 851)
    3rd Owner, 1st 2 were in Houston and San Antonio, respectively.
    76k miles (purchased in 2011 with 62k)

Came with:

Steeda FLSFCs
    MGW orange shifter
    Some generic CAI Elbow
    Strut brace
    Steeda (Borla) Catback

So far I have done:

New headlights
    Front and rear bumpers repaired and repainted by Ryan Hoffman 89BlackGT (??)
    10th Anniversary SVT wheels

Over the course of the past 4 yrs and 14k miles, it's started to develop some leaks (oil cooler, axle seals) so I have it apart to start doing some replacement and maintenance:

Current Look April 2015:

Billetflow IRS Brace:

Clean and polish the catback (not full polish, just new-looking) and Steeda (Magnaflow) X Pipe:

IRS is coming out for new Diff Bushings from Maximum Motorsports and Axle Bearings and Seals.

Winter plans are H&R Sport springs, MM CC Plates, Bumpsteer Kit, SS Brake Lines and Powdercoated calipers.

Will keep this updated as I go.

Dan
    Dan -- 2003 Cobra DSG Coupe #6009

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

Where's the watermelon fit into the mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    Where's the watermelon fit into the mods?
    Gotta stay hydrated and fed!

If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it. IG: @donuttrump

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Congrats on the PIF Danny!! I've always liked your car!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Car looks good dan.

Love it!
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

Good looking car man. Good luck with the refresh.
    2015 Charger Hellcat
    2.4" upper pulley, ID1300 injectors, BAP, E85 tune, Cat Delete Pipes, One Piece Drive Shaft, Diff Brace, 305/35/20 555R's for the street and 305/45/18 MT ET Street R's for the track. 9.97@142 Best ET

85 GT
    Heads and Cam plus other bolt ons

73 F250
    Lifted, 35's, 460 4spd

Real name = Ray

Looks good
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

I would skip the polly bushings for the IRS and get the solid replacements that MM sells. I was worried about road noise but I didn't pick up any. The advantage with the solid that you can adjust the pinion angle and they keep the center section from moving at all.

If you have any questions feel free to Pm me. I have been all over my car over the years and can give pointers to what works to a certain power level and what doesn't.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Hi! I'M DAKS #1 BITCH! TooFast98Cobra's Avatar
    Love it Dan ! Let's just get some springs on her . Been meaning to hit you up on a detail job soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    I would skip the polly bushings for the IRS and get the solid replacements that MM sells. I was worried about road noise but I didn't pick up any. The advantage with the solid that you can adjust the pinion angle and they keep the center section from moving at all.

If you have any questions feel free to Pm me. I have been all over my car over the years and can give pointers to what works to a certain power level and what doesn't.
    What does the full tilt kit consist of ? Is it all poly stuff ?

Just a little 500 whp V6

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post

Already got the poly stuff on the way. My reasoning was the car PROBABLY won't see much more of a power increase any time soon and I really baby the car but, if the time comes, I will upgrade to solid from MM or the Full Tilt Boogie stuff. Just couldn't really justify the cost effectiveness considering it's lived 13 years with rubber bushings at 400hp

Quote Originally Posted by TooFast98Cobra View Post
    Love it Dan ! Let's just get some springs on her . Been meaning to hit you up on a detail job soon.
    Thanks, yeah I got the springs, just gotta order all the supporting stuff and then it'll all go together. No heat or lights in garage yet so winter work usually doesn't happen and I gotta do it in spring/summer, and Im itching to drive it.

And yeah I have been petty open on weekends for detailing so shoot me a PM if you wanna talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
    What does the full tilt kit consist of ? Is it all poly stuff ?
    Not sure its been years since I have used these parts and I am sure both shops now offer the same parts. I went with MM for the solid diff housing bushings, toelink bars and then used full tilt for the bushings in the IRS cradle. My entire front end is MM and still is to this day. That setup was good for over 600rwhp. However the turbo kit was to much for those parts at over 750rwhp and the rear tires toed in like crazy on the dyno. At this point we yanked the IRS and put a built SRA in so the car would track straight under full throttle. I couldn't believe how disconnected the IRS felt under the rear end but I was asking a bunch from the factory setup design for 400rwhp.
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Progress has been slow to say the least, mainly due to 75% busy and 20% lazy... but there is progress:

IRS is back in with mount and fresh seals, bearings and sauce (thanks Jeff @ 1st Try)

Getting the exhaust all cleaned up. I love the look of natural stainless so it won't be polished, just cleaned up and sealed. Tips were chromed and kinda rough so I'm gonna scuff and polish those:

Finally got it all buttoned up and cruising. Billetflow brace and Maximum IRS bushing kit really stiffened up the rear and eliminated the ITS clunk I had going on. Thanks to af_one for the X-pipe, it bolted up easier than the stock one! Also to Jeff @ 1st Try to always hooking up clean work at a reasonable price on the diff.

https://youtu.be/kqaT8SJkP00
    Last edited by Terminated; 08-25-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Finally got some more progress here:

Poly control arm bushings and Steeda x2 balljoints, MM bumpsteer kit, H&R Sport spring kit:

Much better:

Stainless brake lines and a flush when the weather warms back up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Holy CPR Batman - brought this one back from the dead!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Car mods always get moved to the back of the line of things I have to do with my spare time, unfortunately.

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminated View Post
    Car mods always get moved to the back of the line of things I have to do with my spare time, unfortunately.

No kids?

Your spare time is maxxed right now brah!
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Do you have a bumpsteer gauge that you used with that kit ?

Just a little 500 whp V6