Thread: 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

For sale is my 1999 Subaru impreza outback sport wagon, 2.2 liter engine, 5 speed manual transmission. I have had the car for about 3 years, and I will try to give the best description of the car as I can. Bought a new Subaru so time for this one to go.

The good:
    Car runs well, and has never left me stranded, even with many 3+ hour trips to Erie.
    -Transmission shifts well.
    -inspected until 12/15.
    -Everything works, heat, ac, power locks and windows, radio. Replaced the front door speakers with Kenwood speakers as the originals were blown out when I bought it.
    -Replaced the exhaust from the catalytic converter back 2 years ago.
    -Replaced fuel filter last summer.
    -Replaced spark plugs when I bought it 3 years ago.
    --Replaced front pads and rotors last summer, and rear drum shoes two summers ago.
    -new tires about a year and a half ago.
    -alloy wheels
    -new wipers a few months ago.
    -owner supposedly did the timing before I bought it about 30k miles ago. Cannot confirm this.
    -interior is decent (no rips or tears) for a 16 year old car.
    Front end suspension components seems to be okay still.
    all wheel drive makes it impossible to get stuck in the winter.
    -have a set of steelies with bad tires that come with the car.
    -lots of storage space, plus a roof rack.
    -gets about 25 mpg highway.

The bad:
    -The body is rough. Rust in the typical Subaru places, the previous owner did a really bad repair job on the passenger side quarter panel. There is a dent in the passenger fender from scraping a guardrail avoiding a deer.
    Some of the clear coat has peeled.

-the car leaks oil. Think it needs the cam seals replaced. Hasn't been an issue for me, I just check it and make sure it is full.
    -both rear wheel bearings are making noise and need replaced.
    -rear window sprayer doesn't work.
    -passenger rear shock makes some noise. Not sure what is wrong with it, doesn't seem to be blown out.
    -will need a clutch eventually. Currently is fine but I believe it is the original clutch and will slip a bit pulling out on a big hill.
    -check engine light comes on occasionally for an evap code, related to the vapor system for the gas tank. If you clear it it stays off for months typically.
    -have to hold the gas pump upside down to fill it or else the gas pump will keep clicking off. May be related to the engine light.
    -airbag light is on. Not sure why.

The car has 162,5xx miles. I put a lot of miles on it driving back and forth from Erie. Clean title. Would make a good cheap daily driver, winter beater, or parts car.
    Car is sold AS IS. I told you the issues to the best of my knowledge, if something goes wrong months or weeks down the road after you buy it is your responsibility.

Asking $1500 OBO, I do not want any trades.
    Text/email preferred as I work late.
    If you call please leave a message.
    7two4 -33one -four53eight

pictures located in my CL ad, they're on my phone and I don't feel like transferring them onto my computer to put them here
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5089126103.html

Just a little 500 whp V6

Guys. This is a good deal on a subby. They carry crazy resale even on old, high mile cars. At that price I expected to see 250+k miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    Guys. This is a good deal on a subby. They carry crazy resale even on old, high mile cars. At that price I expected to see 250+k miles.
    I agree, when I was reading I thought it was a 3-4k car. I don't need a beater at the moment though.
    1987 Fiero GT
    Precision 6466, L67, 4T80e, MS3Pro

Come and get it. Like I said, the body is pretty rough and those are the problems that I know of. But these cars will run for 250K.
    I bought a newer one so this needs to go.

Just a little 500 whp V6

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
    Come and get it. Like I said, the body is pretty rough and those are the problems that I know of. But these cars will run for 250K.
    I bought a newer one so this needs to go.
    I agree! these are work horses. I run around in a 97 Subaru. Not pretty buy pretty dependable. Good pre (YUCK) winter buy!

Sold this last Friday.

Just a little 500 whp V6