Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers signed Vick

I guess some people on here are not dog lovers and don't understand how loyal they are to their owners. It makes me SICK to this day what Vick did and also makes it hard for my wife and I to take our pitt lab mix anywhere. We have people looking at us all the time like he is going to eat some ones face off and its all because of people like Vick.

I wish people looked at Vick this way! Oh but that would be racist...
    Stock 03 Cobra Vroom Vroom!!

Proudly supports Street Lethal Performance and Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    I guess some people on here are not dog lovers and don't understand how loyal they are to their owners. It makes me SICK to this day what Vick did and also makes it hard for my wife and I to take our pitt lab mix anywhere. We have people looking at us all the time like he is going to eat some ones face off and its all because of people like Vick.

ppl hated pitbulls long before vick was around

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    ppl hated pitbulls long before vick was around
    Thanks to the kind of people like Vick.

Thanks to the kind of people like Vick.
    pitbulls were hated back in the 90s, when every single thug walked the streets with a loaded up pittbull ready to fight

So a little bit of history in regards to Pit Bulls. The Greeks actually used a very early breed of Pit Bulls as guards and shepherd dogs. During the war, they would march off with their humans in order to fight during battle. When Rome became the empire that they were, they used these Pit Bulls as war dogs.. During World War I, they used the faces of Pit Bulls on Army recruitment posters as well. The biggest reason though is that during the 80's, when crime elevated, people used Pit Bulls to intimidate people. So as George says, people hated them long before Vick was around. Vick was just a little kid when people really began to perceive them as "mean animals". While I agree that what he did was completely wrong I think that you're missing the point that down in the south, dog fighting is quite a huge ordeal. He's not the only person involved in this..

My point is that people are so quick to judge for people's bad choices. You always go with your environment. When you're surrounded by drugs and alcohol, you begin to use. If you live in an area filled full of snobby, rich people, you'll begin to act just as they do at some point. Some people can battle it, but not everyone can. There was a great article about addiction. I'll have to pull it up, but this guy did quite an extensive study on Mice and gave them heroin or cocaine, I can't remember. He put them in a cage, which was basically a ghetto. He had water laced with cocaine or heroin and another with pure water. The mice drank the heroin laced watermainly because they had nothing else to do. He then moved them out after addiction and put them in a cage that was more "up-scale", which presented with playgrounds and a more luxurious stay. He again had the water laced with cocaine or heroine, and another that was just plain water. The mice drank out of the one laced for a few days, but then reverted over to plain water. Environmental aspects have a lot to do with what you do. Like I said, when you're surrounded with criminals, you'll act like a criminal.

Dog fighting isn't something that's just going to end today because people badger Vick for his wrong doings..

Let me ask you this question... Do you think people would've been as concerned if these were a bunch of cats getting killed? I have this feeling that people would have been a little more lenient against it because people don't like cats. Comments would've been "good, cause I hate cats.. They are sneaky and their is an overpopulation of them".. That would've been statements that were probably made.

JLT TRU CAI|ACCUFAB 70MM TB|PP PLENUM|MAGNAFLOW CATTED TRU-X|MAGNAFLOW PERFORMANCE EXHAUST

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    F cats... :-) and Forgestar
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby View Post
    F cats... :-) and Forgestar
    Haha speaking of which. This stray cat pissed all over my OE Wheels. Of course they bubbled and were ruined (don't ever buy OE Wheels)..

So I need some new rims. I'd love a set of SP500's.. CCW is the way to go!.. But, they are too pricey for me.. Sigh... Lol

JLT TRU CAI|ACCUFAB 70MM TB|PP PLENUM|MAGNAFLOW CATTED TRU-X|MAGNAFLOW PERFORMANCE EXHAUST

As long he didn't abuse goats............
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Abusing goats must not be a felony...or Dan wouldn't be able to work at IUP, Wendy's, or Chic-fil-a.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Hey now........my goats are treated well.

And.......Maybe there's a reason Cam is self employed. Maybe he has a record............hhmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

I am not sure how many thugs would walk down the street with our dog on a leash. LOL

Ed.jpg

Sorry ruthless you won't convince any of the Steelers nutswingers that Vic is a piece of shit and dosnt deserve to be on a team. I'm not sure if there is a crime that could be too heinous to not brush off as long as he could handle a ball. The steelers would hire bin laden if he wasn't dead and he could rush like bettis. As long as he "serves his time". A kid toucher will be next on the NFL roster
    New combo going in 410w, tea225 high ports solid roller, novi2000, glens fuel system, pa
    Supercomp c4, some other things, hoping to run 10's...update 10.50@120 on 8 burned pistons...hoping to run 9's no cage in sight

You are wrong Ben. A white guy who drops an errant n-bomb would be much worse. Michael Richards probably can't get a job a McD's.
    2014 Mustang GT Stock and for sale
    2014 M235i (wife's)
    1964 Ford F-100

I am not sure how many thugs would walk down the street with our dog on a leash. LOL

Ed.jpg
    would probably be practice for the fighters

Obviously, we don't live in Philly or NY. Just curious if the backlash was so bad there when he signed with Jets and Eagles. Or, is there some kind of absurd amount of dog lovers in SWPA ? This is just an observation. I am an animal lover like most of you... just trying to be objective here. ha!
    2019 Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by torqueboxer View Post
    Sorry ruthless you won't convince any of the Steelers nutswingers that Vic is a piece of shit and dosnt deserve to be on a team. I'm not sure if there is a crime that could be too heinous to not brush off as long as he could handle a ball. The steelers would hire bin laden if he wasn't dead and he could rush like bettis. As long as he "serves his time". A kid toucher will be next on the NFL roster
    So true and sad at the same time. Scary the way the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by torqueboxer View Post
    These guys are professional athletes not choir boys. I don't give a shit what their moral standards are, they are there to entertain and play a game.
    2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance